Picola & District NW 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roar, can you remind bigkev what club & league the last 2 goulburn murray schoolboy MVPs have come from?

Pull your head out of your a$$ bigkev to suggest that the standard in MFL u17s is higher (which I agree it is) for any reason other than the population of the towns involved is bullsh!t Nothing to do with coaching, facililitys etc, MFL clubs simply have access to greater numbers of juniors.

For example strathy 3rds won the grandfinal by 11 goals but we still had to play u14s kids up. Having said that I would say our top 5 u17 kids would be in the top 8 at any MFL club.
Your getting roar to pass on a message and you call yourself the intimidator......

Real mature. Still dont understand your point. Do you even have one or just another keyboard warrior?
Not surprising. There was no point. Your just an idiot. As is Bigkev and roar and everyone else thats having a cry. No one cares. Your comments are useless and pointless. You carry on like you know what your talking about. None of you do. Its quite funny actually. Carry on Mr. Intimidator and co. Dipshits

Not surprising. There was no point. Your just an idiot. As is Bigkev and roar and everyone else thats having a cry. No one cares. Your comments are useless and pointless. You carry on like you know what your talking about. None of you do. Its quite funny actually. Carry on Mr. Intimidator and co. Dipshits

Hahaha child. If you dont like everyones comments then why are you still here?

Was a great performance was not in the 3rds though.

So WHO is badgering these parents and kids to play at Finley ? Sorry Roar be proud of you juniors but this is just not happening.

Brownys response to points 2 and 3 are pretty valid you must admit
Sorry bigkev86 but I have sat back and watched Roar take the heat over this for a while. I know of two Jerilderie 3rd players from last year(2013) that had the old line run out to them by people connected with your club at the time. If you want to be seen by the right people you have to play here to progress your footy. So it is true , and not just Roar getting in a spin. We all know kids these days will get seen no matter whether their playing for Jerilderie, Finley or South Conargo. All clubs get sent letters from the Bushies, GWS, whoever asking to nominate thier best kids. Once the kids are in the system the relevant people get to see them. They don't have to change leagues.

Roar, can you remind bigkev what club & league the last 2 goulburn murray schoolboy MVPs have come from?

Pull your head out of your a$$ bigkev to suggest that the standard in MFL u17s is higher (which I agree it is) for any reason other than the population of the towns involved is bullsh!t Nothing to do with coaching, facilities etc, MFL clubs simply have access to greater numbers of juniors.

For example strathy 3rds won the grandfinal by 11 goals but we still had to play u14s kids up. Having said that I would say our top 5 u17 kids would be in the top 8 at any MFL club.

I think braybon is a ex Finley junior that played two years of bushies ! Aaron Purcell started as murray league fourths player , roar you poacher you didn't just poach the player you poached the WHOLE club you mongrel haha
Won't be long before Finley are trying to POACH the whole PDFNL , by way of joining .

Are you having a cry about others having a cry ?
Give us some of your superior knowledge on these events there Will Power given no one else knows what they are talking about .

Are you having a cry about others having a cry ?
Give us some of your superior knowledge on these events there Will Power given no one else knows what they are talking about .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coaching does make a difference to development I have seen kids develop for know other reason than the coach showed an interest in them , training with better players does make a difference, lights and facilities do make a difference. But the biggest difference is commitment by the individual wherever they play goorambat or Geelong if they do their all they will get better. Two bushies players I look up to over the last last ten years are josh Bryce and ashley Morris both had to travel over two hours to get to training in wang that's commitment, in this area not all of the good players try out it's just to far

Sorry bigkev86 but I have sat back and watched Roar take the heat over this for a while. I know of two Jerilderie 3rd players from last year(2013) that had the old line run out to them by people connected with your club at the time. If you want to be seen by the right people you have to play here to progress your footy. So it is true , and not just Roar getting in a spin. We all know kids these days will get seen no matter whether their playing for Jerilderie, Finley or South Conargo. All clubs get sent letters from the Bushies, GWS, whoever asking to nominate thier best kids. Once the kids are in the system the relevant people get to see them. They don't have to change leagues.
Funny you mention South Conargo , I hear there last senior premiership was more recent than Finley's ?

Coaching does make a difference to development I have seen kids develop for know other reason than the coach showed an interest in them , training with better players does make a difference, lights and facilities do make a difference. But the biggest difference is commitment by the individual wherever they play goorambat or Geelong if they do their all they will get better. Two bushies players I look up to over the last last ten years are josh Bryce and ashley Morris both had to travel over two hours to get to training in wang that's commitment, in this area not all of the good players try out it's just to far
Don't think anyone is doubting good coaches make a difference . The issue is what makes and qualifies a good coach . Winning premierships or having played at a higher or lower standard means squat . It is the ability to identify talent , skill issues , attitude and having the ability to rectify . To many young kids are swapping kids these days and many clubs are placing to large of a emphasis on winning premierships in junior football over development

Don't think anyone is doubting good coaches make a difference . The issue is what makes and qualifies a good coach . Winning premierships or having played at a higher or lower standard means squat . It is the ability to identify talent , skill issues , attitude and having the ability to rectify . To many young kids are swapping kids these days and many clubs are placing to large of a emphasis on winning premierships in junior football over development
Loyalty really important, but too many clubs their emphasis is on senior grades . Clubs that have strong junior programs keep their players simple fact

Loyalty really important, but too many clubs their emphasis is on senior grades . Clubs that have strong junior programs keep their players simple fact

That's true. But for smaller clubs like blighty who have over a lengthy time produced many talented players it's now a struggle to have enough kids the same age. That's when loyalty becomes tough for some really loyal families.
But the numbers are still enough that we need these clubs to handle both junior football and netball numbers so they actually play not sit on the bench.
Can the clubs and leagues work together more with junior grades to try and even it out? Just off top of head. During preseason train the kids together (say eg rams rovers blighty) to see what numbers and ages are there. Train liked skilled together. With Both club and parental cooperation then see before season starts if can get evenness. Blighty for example may play the younger under 14s and 17s?
Deni does this to a degree but IMO with more solid organisation may get better results?

That's true. But for smaller clubs like blighty who have over a lengthy time produced many talented players it's now a struggle to have enough kids the same age. That's when loyalty becomes tough for some really loyal families.
But the numbers are still enough that we need these clubs to handle both junior football and netball numbers so they actually play not sit on the bench.
Can the clubs and leagues work together more with junior grades to try and even it out? Just off top of head. During preseason train the kids together (say eg rams rovers blighty) to see what numbers and ages are there. Train liked skilled together. With Both club and parental cooperation then see before season starts if can get evenness. Blighty for example may play the younger under 14s and 17s?
Deni does this to a degree but IMO with more solid organisation may get better results?
Some really good ideas there, but families all want to travel the same way every weekend. Idea of all training together especially for preseason would be a great idea. We are getting less numbers of junior players every year in the end clubs will merge I have no doubts

Some really good ideas there, but families all want to travel the same way every weekend. Idea of all training together especially for preseason would be a great idea. We are getting less numbers of junior players every year in the end clubs will merge I have no doubts
I agree re travel but PDFNL doesn't travel that much. I've seen deni parents prepared to do it but again you need to discuss. But yeAh preseason.
On merging yes I agree and part if my
Line of thought is develop the cooperation and working together now then merger may not be so painful.
Just say you have a umbrella Deniliquin GWS giants under which you have rams rovers and blighty. Hopefully loyalty becomes to deni district giants who may have a team called rovers or not or to be fair blighty or not?? Then hopefully you keep people involved who don't lose interest if their club merges or folds?

I think the key to junior development and coaching is more about being consistent, fair, encouraging and have a set of rules that must be followed. The "skill set" of the junior coach isn't as important as his ability to managing 25 teenage kids. The fact the coach was a great player in his hay day is irrelevant in my opinion. Being consistent and stern with your approach is the key. This allows the better kids to thrive while introducing the "not so good" kids to what is required to be successful in a team environment. And successful doesn't mean premierships. I think the biggest thing is that the junior coaches must allow the better kids to play in the open age competition, whether that be in the 2nds or the seniors. Kids only can improve by playing out of their comfort zone. If the kid is good enough to play seniors, that is what he should do. Again this is just my opinion and im sure others will disagree.

Does this already happen to some degree with excess numbers over the years some families going out to blighty from Finley ?

Does this already happen to some degree with excess numbers over the years some families going out to blighty from Finley ?

Yes definately that has happened. Same with deni as well. Which is fantastic.
It came a bit more to my attention when a mother from deni took her son to blighty two years ago I think. At first blighty were really short I think deni had quite a few say year younger than top age under 14s so it was suggested they head out to blighty which is great. But in the mean time numbers changed and age groups etc perhaps not handled real well and a few parents thought could of been managed better. I wasn't at blighty at the time it was a discussion later.
So I guess that's where the idea of improving communication between the clubs and even getting all or as many as kids as possible together preseason to just have a look to see if can improve things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back