Analysis Pies awesome Anzac Day win. Match review

Remove this Banner Ad

WOOOOO that felt good! Loved seeing us play with real pressure and intensity, felt like every time the Bombers went near the ball they had a bunch of blokes wearing black and white bearing down on them. Blair, Crisp, Adams so hard and tough. Need to bring this effort every week!

Good:

Seedsmen: His break out game? Great rebound all game and importantly defended too. Great game

Pendlebury: A standard great Pendlebury game

Williams/Frost/Brown/Goldsack: Defensive rocks and big reasons why Essendon only scored 5 goals, also won a few important contested balls.

Crisp/Adams: Both tough strong young midfielders that add a lot to the team, both have terrific attitudes.

Elliot: Did his job with 2 good goals and helped set up a few others

Decent:

Grundy: Got plenty of the ball but jeez his kicking was off today. Seemed to beat Bellchambers in the ruck

Swan: Down on possessions but got a crucial goal and did some nice things.

Langdon/Ramsay: Decent down back with a few mistakes

Broomhead: Did a few nice things but goes missing for far too long, needs to be more involved in the game.

Cloke: Played his role in a tough day for key forwards.

Bad:

Gault: The more games he plays the more I confirm he is just a spud, it has to be said. Won't make it in the AFL, has very little talent and needs to be dropped immediately. Completely destroyed by Fletcher and once again gave us nothing.

Fantastic effort, killed it defensively today.

Frost, Seedsman, Goldsack - standing ovation for these three today.

Adams also among the best for me.

Grundy was good, a few turnovers, but he didn't slack off.

Our disposal was an improvement considering the conditions and the high-defensive pressure from both sides, but still need to work on polishing up our game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giphy.gif

1. Love the defensive "peskiness" the Young Pies provide.... havent seen this much "disruptions" for a few years.
2. Frost, Williams, Brown... excellent performance defensively. The other youngins were under attack in that 2nd quarter, but luckily they only conceded 2 goals.
3. Love that we dont see the Pies just bomb it to Cloke and hope he beats 2-3 defenders... Cloke is actually helping create space inside by being active at the 60-70 meter area.
4. Seedsman.. always knew he had talent, but in the past showed immature and low IQ decision making... but thats part of being "young", now if continues to show maturity and better decision making skills, he will be HUGE for the Pies top 8 hopes.

Serious question, what brand of fake tan does James Hird wear? I want to be as orange as him this winter
(not fake tan, but best I could do at short notice)

Toast to our defence and not just the backline but the whole team. The last couple of games we've been able to thwart the switch and generally just slow the oppositions attack. Something that I feel's been our weakness in the last couple of years.

I f***ing love this footy club.
It's games like today that make you realise how much this club means to us all.

You fargin beauty.

Jack Crisp goes alright just quietly. He's a fargin beast.

Tay Adams is a fargin Bull.

Trav Varcoe has a bit of mongrel about him. Nice game again Trav.

The back 6 were all great. Ramsay showed he's up for the fight. Nice game. Conditions probably suited him.

Go **** yourselves EFC. Unbelievable how they can't run out a game like they did on ANZAC Day in 2012.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back