Autopsy Pies Fans Booing Sam Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahh...so why did this happen every time he got the ball?

Didn't see anything happen on the field so his jab-jibe is the only thing that would explain it.

I thought they hated Essendon and their supplements program.

Using logic to explain tribalism doesn't work.

I wondered the same thing. Thought that there must have been something more to it, but I asked over the Pies board and they couldn't really explain it other than he just carves them up every time, so that's about it.

When was this supposed hit on Mitchell by Elliot?

I wondered the same thing. Thought that there must have been something more to it, but I asked over the Pies board and they couldn't really explain it other than he just carves them up every time, so that's about it.

When was this supposed hit on Mitchell by Elliot?
3rd quarter, Elliott channels his inner Steve Johnson and gives him a bit of a whack to the back/kidneys

just not a very bright bunch ?
I'm not sure there's a supporter base who call "ball" for absolutely everything, like the Pies did last night. Then they'd boo when the free wasn't given.

It was laughable.

haha indeed they did ! I was p1ssing myself everytime, cos otherwise i would cry. EVERY. TIME.
I started laughing, then crying

Then my sadness turned to anger, as I told several vocal ferals in front of me what they needed to know (my Collingwood supporting gf keeping me from escalating my thoughts further)

After the umps called no mark on the pies in the first couple of seconds on TV it sounded like the pies fans booed non stop for about 10 minutes
They were definitely up and about

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure there's a supporter base who call "ball" for absolutely everything, like the Pies did last night. Then they'd boo when the free wasn't given.

It was laughable.
Glad I wasn't the only one who thought so. I was literally laughing at the Pies fans next to me.

The funniest though was after they all called "ball!" & "throw!" after 2 slick Hawk handballs, the very next play - Pie gets pinged for a throw.

Belly laughs all round.

It's funny when you check their game thread on BF and you get all them complaining about Holds and HTB and throws not being paid to Collingwood players.

I don't know what game they were watching, I even had a neutral *-supporter sitting beside me in disbelief that the Pies players were getting away with murder from the umps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I started laughing, then crying

Then my sadness turned to anger, as I told several vocal ferals in front of me what they needed to know (my Collingwood supporting gf keeping me from escalating my thoughts further)
i could have used you beside me when i started doing the coooolllliinnggwooooood chant in ironic tones once we were home :D

Not one of the most popular players in the comp and i am sure he could care less.

Couldn't care less.

To say 'could care less' implies that he still has some care to give.
You mean to say that 'he is all out of care' so the term is 'couldn't care less'

It's just Collingwood.

Doesn't having no teeth make it easier to boo?
Yes. And to eat pre-digested food.

Some of their cheersquad look as if they've been doing it for years.

I believe early in the first quarter at the Ponsford stand end Sam allegedly elbowed de Gooey or another young player.
I was at the Punt Road end and didn't see it and also didn't see it on the replay. But the booing was definitely coming from the Ponsford stand end.

I believe early in the first quarter at the Ponsford stand end Sam allegedly elbowed de Gooey or another young player.
I was at the Punt Road end and didn't see it and also didn't see it on the replay. But the booing was definitely coming from the Ponsford stand end.
It started at the first bounce

just not a very bright bunch ?

This is the answer. They were booing everything. Despite having gentrified a lot, they're still a bit simple, and will boo any free against them, no matter how obvious, just like they'll yell "BAAALL!!" when any opposition player is tackled, no matter how little opportunity they had to dispose of it.

They're just a dimwitted crowd of fans.

I messaged a Collingwood mate who I knew would be at the game

'Why are they booing Mitchell'
'We pay admission and can boo who we like'

Ok no worries, doesn't really answer the question though. Then after Bruest kicked the sealer I sent him another message.

'Now they are booing Bruest!!'

That one didn't get a reply

Remove this Banner Ad

Back