PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have no idea what it is. Sell it to me. Why should I buy it?

The all time favourite game of a lot of people (including me). An absolute peak in interactive entertainment storytelling. It's a slow paced adventure game where you can't "die", but you can get "stuck" while you're figuring out puzzles / what to do.

Basically, this is a remastered version of a highly respected and sought after game that's been unavailable to obtain legally for a decade.

You play a travel agent in the land of the dead, selling travel packages to the recently deceased to try and make their journeys to their eternal resting places as enjoyable as possible, with the ultimate in luxury being a ticket on the No. 9 train (which is a bullet train directly to heaven). Being a travel agent is your way of working off a debt, so you too can finally make your way to your final destination. Once you start to realise that all your "customers" aren't qualifying for anything but the lowest travel packages (such as a walking stick with a compass in it), you begin to look into the world of corruption that is afoot in the land of the dead...

Outside the incredible storytelling, the art direction is based on Dia de los Muertos and that whole celebration - most characters are in the shape of those skeleton heads they all parade around. And the soundtrack is unbelievable, this time re-recorded with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra.

Edit: Here's a trailer

Edit 2: Changed to the original trailer from 98, so it's more about the game and not the remastering

Goddammit.

YVkwJcO.png

It's a re-release of a dark comedy Lucasarts point and click adventure game from the 90's. It was completely amazing but if you didn't play it and other games like it back in the day I can't imagine you'd enjoy it. Never know though.

Sort of like Monkey Island?

Looks a lot like this other point and click played back in the day, supernatural/horror....can't remember the name, gonna eat at me all day now.

Similar genre to monkey island though I thought this was the best of the bunch. Are you thinking of day of the tentacle?

Na, you go around quizing hicks in some rednecks in this country town, and then eventually get access to some underworld via this touring carnival that's in town. Clearly a weird game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I recieved an email from Sony a few day's ago telling me I'm getting 5 days free of psplus (ironically on the day it ran out) starting from today. I'm assuming my subscription should still be going to have this happen ?

Na, you go around quizing hicks in some rednecks in this country town, and then eventually get access to some underworld via this touring carnival that's in town. Clearly a weird game.

Darkseed 2! Not sure if its how I remember it. Geez I'm old....

Yeah I had to find a guide - Now that ive got the hang of it thought i'll stop looking at it.

Yeah, when I was younger and played these games when they were released, I used a walkthrough for particularly tricky sections. In hindsight, I kiiinda wish I didn't (because of the great satisfaction of solving a puzzle) but I don't regret it. It doesn't diminish the story at all.

I had no idea what the game was about though, lack of any sort of tutorial didn't help. Once I finally realised you can use items with other items and s**t it all become clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back