PS4 PlayStation 4 News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see. Either people aren't posting about it much or I'm failing at the search function. I did try, I promise!

Seagate 1TB SSHD the consensus???
There's a bunch of talk early on in the thread. Also a video in the OP of how to do it.

I believe I went with a Toshiba 1TB HDD.

I don't really think 1TB is enough either, I'd be going for 2TB.

Cheers, will have a squizz. So you went for size more so than speed improvement?
It was more cost over anything, didn't think the extra couple of seconds load time would change my life.

Finish game, uninstall and trade/sell. I've constantly got over 200gb free. That said i do need to open it up to re apply some thermal paste, cheap arse Sony, my PS4 sounds like a jet taking off whilst playing MGS V. Might just throw a 1tb in to match my Xbox One.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know what it'll be like with a third-party hard drive but my "1TB" PS4 only has about 860GB free space straight out of the box; bit of a jip.

I dont know what it'll be like with a third-party hard drive but my "1TB" PS4 only has about 860GB free space straight out of the box; bit of a jip.
It's the same for every system and Hard Drive in existence. The system allocates an amount of space for OS and future OS updates.

No Hard Drive will ever truly give you the exact amount stated on the box.

I've got 3 months free because I bought the Uncharted Collection at Big W (spend more than $30 on Sony products and you get 3 months free). Want to wait until Ash Vs Evil Dead starts before I redeem though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back