Feb 1, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
west coast
Positives:
Physicality: tackling was great, as was the desperation
Gaff: tackled like his career depended on it. Bout time too.
Kennedy: should be the one getting 1.5 million a year offered by GWS. Great game
4 quarter effort: first one for the year.

Negatives:
Butler: too slow and poor decision making
Hurns injury
Cox's last quarter cost us any chance

+
Gaff and Shuey having their best games of the year, both worked hard in the middle. Gaff especially looked very strong.
Masten continued his great season.
Kennedy is a beast, just wish we would pass it to him more rather than just bombing it in.
Best intensity for a long time.
McKenzie was great.

-
Embley is done (and a dog act).
Dalziell and McGinnity not AFL standard, despite their best efforts.
Cox is not right, or something.

+ shuey and gaff both had great games and are learning to deal with the tags a lot better.
- embers looked way out of sorts.

Was I the only one that liked Rosa's game? There were better obviously, but he was back to playing his linkman role well

+NicNat, Kennedy, Darling, McGinnity (first half), Gaff, Rosa, Shuey, Masten's kicking, some of Kerr/Priddis's grunt work

-The backline, the lack of pressure, some of Cox's mistakes, Embley, LeCras

-Rosa , Darling are the real concern, decision making is terrible,confidence is shot,
- Can someone tell me whos instructing them to loop handballs into traffic???
-COX , whats hapened to him, hes a shadow of his AA form last year.
-Embley your greed is making you look stupid, please retire you dont look good when the ball is coming towards you.Dog cat you muppet.
-Woosha, we need some fresh ideas & injection of bigger bodies in stoppages. You look very haggard & tired . He was asked if we could win tonight at the begining of the telecast, he actually hesitated for split second before he answered with " We expect a good contribution from all our players tonight "
-Hurn going down hurts big time.

+ Gaff , Kennedy , Emac , Nic Nat, Masten gave it their all.

+Massive positive was the young midfield group(Naitanui,Shuey,Gaff,Masten,S.Selwood).. i think Shuey has become our best midfielder this year and his and Gaff's game especially were great to see against the best team in the comp @ Etihad.

Mackenzie and Kennedy continue their All Australian form.

-I think Butler will be out of the team soon, he's not great defensively and the reason he was still getting games despite this was his kicking and decision making which is pretty average now.

Glass and Waters were rusty first game back but i don't think its something we'll have to worry about for the rest of the season.

Embley really shouldn't be getting games anymore.

+
Positive attitude
NN, Gaff, Mckenzie, Shuey Kennedy
Wilson is going to be a 10 year player for us.
Lecras may be on the way up again.

-
Cox. Cost us a chance to win the game. Still plays for frees, had enough of it. Time to move him on a promote Sinclair at the end of the year.
Butler ........ poor poor poor. Really Hutchings would have been better by a mile than this poor excuse for a footballer.
Injuries.
Darling gets molested every game and umpires do nothing.

Maybe a chance to beat Essendon if we play like that again.

+ve Showing us what has been missing all year and a great effort.
-ve Showing us what we have been missing all year, how do you explain earlier efforts?

+ve Mckenzie, Gaff, Shuey, Wilson (this kid will make it) Nic Nat/Cox and in general a better attack on the contest.
-ve A couple of fairy flosses who couldn't catch Herpes in Bangkok back alley. Masten, Butler & Le Cras (maybe has an excuse this year) just hurt us so badly with the 1/2 arsed attempts at tackles. Brown, please hold an overhead mark in front of traffic - take some lessons from your girlfriend.

All up, I can live with us losing if we keep having a red hot dip!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rosa , Darling are the real concern, decision making is terrible,confidence is shot, and I feel theres something happening behind the sceens!! , they look really slow to react at stoppages with everyone other than Priddis & Kerr having a real crack.
Can someone tell me whos instructing them to loop handballs into traffic??? Stupid mistakes & turnovers.
Thanks for the memories Woosha, but we need some fresh ideas & injection of bigger bodies in stoppages.

Disagree entirely.

Tonight we looked the real deal from stoppages, especially centre square clearances. Really took off from where we left off against the Saints in Q4.

+
Positive attitude
NN, Gaff, Mckenzie, Shuey Kennedy
Wilson is going to be a 10 year player for us.
Lecras may be on the way up again

I don't mind Wilson as a player but I am worried about team balance. 3 talls + Waters + Wilson leaves us very slow and cumbersome at the back. We need some more mobility back there.

Gaff and shuey were fantastic
Naitanui is the best ruckman in the comp by some margin
Mckenzie is a quality key defender and has been taught impeccably by glass
Wilson shows promise and I look forward to his continuing development
For the first time this season our guys showed some genuine passion and fight
Kennedy is an AA quality key forward

That's the positives
Negatives

Embley has been a great servant for our club but he's done - Sheppard needs to be played before him. That knee drop was also very average
Hurns injury - just as we get close to full strength we lose another key player ( in the first quarter no less robbing us off a rotation)
Dumb decision making going forward
Brown got taken to the cleaners by roughy
Waters, glass and lecras all looked underdone
Somehow we won the free kick count but I thought we got butt*ed at crucial times

Butler is a small who is not fast, can't tackle and lacks agility. Fix this and you fix the balance.

Butler was weak in our premiership year. He is a very poor footballer now. Brennan should be ahead of him to play into the future.

+ GAFF! MASTO! SCOOTER! SHUEY!
+ The young mids made me believe we're not entirely without hope tonight. That's the biggest positive I took. Wilson did well again and we fought hard. LeCras' rest didn't solve his kicking but he committed a lot harder tonight which was good to see and he got some reward for it.
+ Kerr's imposition on the game late. He isn't as fast now and he's gonna get caught taking the game on now, but he was there, and he was doing the things that needed to be done. Gonna miss him.

- Dalziell > Embley
- Smith/Sheppard (as HBF) > (Butler = A Selwood)
- Hurn's Injury : - ( (* THE FOOTBALL GODS)
- Defensive disorganisation tonight - Hurn's importance cannot be overstated but Teague didn't handle the mismatch between Brown and Roughead well and our defenders suffered for it.

Positive is that Embley will likely be suspended forcing the coaching staff to do what they should have done for this game, and select someone else over him. Not that theyll have a choice.
Overall i was fairly pleased by the game. Good midfield performance. Kennedy is still a gun.
Defence was in shambles and while brown was slaughtered, i cant really blame him for it. Butler was noticeably bad again.

Weird i was more impressed from this loss than our most recent win.

Didn't he kick the ball when running along the boundary line early in the game? Deep in defense and did the old 1-2
Well i'm putting my faith in AFL.com which is probably ill-advised

3kQ3b

Remove this Banner Ad

Back