Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Bevo gone. Simmo survives another one.

There’s a once in a lifetime generational talent every year, enjoy the ride.

Love you all.

Simmo giving it the big ones to the media in the post game, this is unreal! Hahahahahahahahaa.

Positives
  • Cripps. Insane.
  • TK
  • Oscar
  • Hewett, Long, Maric will be special
  • JD standing up in the fourth, Gov doing it all
  • Hunt a great pickup.

More to football than sitting on your hands waiting for the next great 17 year old. Loser club s**t. We’ll take a good talent and we’ll build behind the TK/Hewett/Ginbey/Allen/Maric/Williams/Hough Eagles.

Look I'm obviously emotional but I don't think my reaction is unfair.

For the past 4 seasons this side has picked and chosen when to go. Today doesn't change that. If anything it magnifies it.

All season North have blown winnable games and the fact that we've given them Reid makes me feel sick. I think something special was brewing and while I think Curtin will be a very good player, I'm not over the moon that we'll be using such an early pick on a KPD of all positions.

Today is essentially a sugar hit because it's not as though it was the Longs and Marics doing the heavy lifting. The senior players were the stand outs which bums me out even further.

Why couldn't we have just one nice thing? Feel like a kid on Christmas who has stepped on his present and broken it.

Anyway, dislike my posts and laugh at my melts all you want. I love this club but right now I hate them but it will pass. This has been the build up of years of frustration and disappointment and I'm really ****ing gutted we won't get to watch Reid in our colours.

There's still a round to go, but having to endure the worst season any club has had to go through only to not get the top pick and the consensus best player available, is balls. May not even get the best WA player either if North (will likely) get pick 2 as compo, and that is even worse.
Nothing that can be done now, but is the effect of 1 win in round 23 of the worst season going to be more impactful on team success than a Harley Reid? I hope so.

The way some of you are melting, anyone would think we just up and threw away a premiership lmao.

All over one kid.

Only loser fans support losing. Yes if we're that s**t compared to other clubs that we deserve pick 1 so be it. If we are that bad that we win a wooden spoon, we deserve it.

But the way some were actively barracking for us to throw in the towel from three months ago was pretty disgraceful. In the spirit of this thread:

Positives
  • We won
  • We won
  • We won

Negatives
  • People who still prefer losing over winning
  • People who wanted us to keep losing
  • People who think accumulating draft picks is fine if we keep losing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way some of you are melting, anyone would think we just up and threw away a premiership lmao.

All over one kid.

For me, it’s just knowing that they’re going to go for Curtin. And not because he’s a great prospect (which no doubt he is), but because he’s a local boy. A local boy that most of the draft pundits have as the fifth/sixth best prospect. And the inability to split it.

Lots of strong emotion from Simmo and Cripps in their interviews, I wonder if the hard call has been made or if they’re just happy to win.

I’ll miss Simmo when he goes though, obviously loves the team.

Better to keep fighting and trying to win, would be nice to have Harley but we can’t pick and choose when the opposition don’t turn up. GWS, Saints and now Bulldogs can get in the bin, flaky midtable cloggers the lot of them.

Time to watch McKercher highlights I guess!

Looking forward to seeing off club greats in person next weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back