Post 3 bold predictions for the 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Big words from someone from a club who traded Betts and Jacobs for Thomas and Trigg. It must be a pathetic existence living trying to defend your club.
oh-you-say-carlton-suck-i-bet-you-have-16-premierships-in-your-trophy-cabinet.jpg

Oh please, so Lever is a bad pick because he didn't play in his draft year but Selwoods situation is different because he did play even though they both had the same injury during the draft. I didn't compare their playing abilities, I compared their situations because they are similar. Watch Levers highlights and you'll see why we picked him up at 14.

What are you talking about? Trigg is a great CEO ;):drunk:
Highlights? Did you seriously just use the highlights package as evidence of the quality of a youngster?

Bold predictions:

1. Geelong won't make finals (bold because it doesn't seem to happen)

2. One of the Grand finalists coming from outside the top 4.

3. Essendon to bust their way into the top 4, replacing Geelong (only with no suspensions)

Yeah I am bias with the third one. Proven that they can beat anyone except a team with Buddy in it (play Sydney round 1 and get it over and done with).

Biggest problem is the inevitable losses to the likes of Melbourne and St Kilda and the consistency. If the forward line functions this year with Carlisle and Daniher firing, then I can see it happening.

Bold predictions:

1. Geelong won't make finals (bold because it doesn't seem to happen)

2. One of the Grand finalists coming from outside the top 4.

3. Essendon to bust their way into the top 4, replacing Geelong (only with no suspensions)

Yeah I am bias with the third one. Proven that they can beat anyone except a team with Buddy in it (play Sydney round 1 and get it over and done with).

Biggest problem is the inevitable losses to the likes of Melbourne and St Kilda and the consistency. If the forward line functions this year with Carlisle and Daniher firing, then I can see it happening.
Ohh I know that feeling :mad:

You hope.

Make that a lot in here hope.

Seems to be a pervading thought pies not much chop, I personally see us in the 6th - 9th range barring reasonable injury rate.
That's fine, it is a bold predictions thread ;)

You hope.

Make that a lot in here hope.

Seems to be a pervading thought pies not much chop, I personally see us in the 6th - 9th range barring reasonable injury rate.

This is a predictions thread, genius. And it's not exactly a huge stretch for somebody to predict that a team which just finished 11th and then lost their second best player in a trade for a couple of draft picks and a Brisbane fringe player could finish bottom 6.

Did you know that on 17 different years until 1975 the champions of the VFL played the champions of the SANFL (and on one occasion played a WAFL team) in a "Grand" "Grand" final to be crowned champions of Australia.
Of your 16 premierships, 6 of them fell on those years and on those occasions you won twice (68 and 70 against Sturt) and loss 4 times (1907 against Norwood, 1908 against West Adelaide, 1914 against Port and in 1972 against North). So technically you were officially not the best team in Australia.

Also Sth Melbourne lost twice (1888 and 1890) and Collingwood (1910), Essendon (1911) and Fitzroy (1913) lost once each.

This is the only footage in existence of the 1972 match, it got taped over...idiots (unless someone at home happened to tape it on the vcr and forgot about it).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a predictions thread, genius. And it's not exactly a huge stretch for somebody to predict that a team which just finished 11th and then lost their second best player in a trade for a couple of draft picks and a Brisbane fringe player could finish bottom 6.

No shit its a predictions thread just find it interesting the amount who think the wheels will well and truly fall off!

Also I have a feeling Brions fans are hoping we do.

Also Beams wasn't our 2nd best player but is in our top 5.

No shit its a predictions thread just find it interesting the amount who think the wheels will well and truly fall off!

Also I have a feeling Brions fans are hoping we do.

Also Beams wasn't our 2nd best player but is in our top 5.
To be fair I'm not hoping, just as I'm assuming a number of posters aren't hoping that Collingwood will finish bottom 6.

For Collingwood to finish between 6-9 as you say, everything will have to go their way. Collingwood will have to rely on young and untried talent coming on quicker than expected, recruits such as Varcoe and Greenwood to play important roles at high level constantly and Cloke will have to learn how to kick straight.

Considering that young talent can be very inconsistent and sometimes new players take time to get comfortable in a new system as well as the inevitable onset of injuries that happen to all teams each season, it's not unlikely that Collingwood could finish bottom six.

You can push the 'us against them' agenda all you like, but in my case at least it's just a prediction based on an educated guess on where Collingwood are at posted in a bold predictions thread no less.

Happy new year!

The best team on the day will win the premiership.
The worst team of the season will win the wooden spoon.
NO coaches will be sacked! :eek:

1. Adam Goodes will enforce a 'No comment policy' upon himself! (We wish)
2. Chris Scott to end all gesticulation & postural exaggerations in the coaches box!
3. Paul Roos will not use the media as a self-serving device (Yeah right! And pigs might fly!)

Ohh I know that feeling :mad:
Try losing 4 out of the last 5 games to a team (Melbourne) that is having one of the worst recent periods of any team. Only Sydney and Hawthorn have a better record against us over the last 5 games!

But yeah the St Kilda vs Fremantle game was probably one of the most bizarre games I have seen in my life.

Did you know that on 17 different years until 1975 the champions of the VFL played the champions of the SANFL (and on one occasion played a WAFL team) in a "Grand" "Grand" final to be crowned champions of Australia.
Of your 16 premierships, 6 of them fell on those years and on those occasions you won twice (68 and 70 against Sturt) and loss 4 times (1907 against Norwood, 1908 against West Adelaide, 1914 against Port and in 1972 against North). So technically you were officially not the best team in Australia.

Also Sth Melbourne lost twice (1888 and 1890) and Collingwood (1910), Essendon (1911) and Fitzroy (1913) lost once each.

This is the only footage in existence of the 1972 match, it got taped over...idiots (unless someone at home happened to tape it on the vcr and forgot about it).

What a waste of time your time. Those matches had about as much cred and importance as the yearly match in London.

I think Port was the best chance in a decade last season.
Yeah they were. If any of the current top 5 ladder-wise (probably with the exception of Geelong) have an injury hit season next year and miss the top 4, we could possibly see them making the grand final from outside the top 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back