Post 3 bold predictions for the 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Port flag
Tom Liberatore or Luke Parker win the Brownlow.
Adam Simpson sacked. (Peter Sumich gets the gig for 2016)

Could definitely see this happening, either to Port (he's best mates with Ryder apparently) or to one of the Queensland clubs for family reasons. He had his problems with Essendon this year and didn't seem particularly motivated.
He came up to Queensland about a month ago and did a training session with the local football team. And one of my mates who plays for said team told me that Courtenay had mentioned something along the lines of coming up to play for the lions. It is a bit of hearsay, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No coaches sacked this season

Melbourne to give top 8 a shake

Bryce Gibbs to finish top 5 brownlow

I'm intrigued. Don't rate the crop?

It was an interesting draft. I have three reasons for my prediction.

1. The draft order and who was rated changed significantly over the season. All players, including the top echelon, had significant faults and where they sat in the draft order largely depended on club preference rather than pick 4 being a clearly superior player to pick 15. It's either going to be the best draft ever or a bit of a dud.
2. My Club Carlton clearly didn't rate the draft at all and did everything it could to avoid selecting players from this under 18s draft crop. I would hope they know what they're doing.
3. The best two players in the draft went to Melbourne. Not exactly a haven for talent development.

Lol you would wanna bloody hope that doesn't happen.

If we can turn Matt White of all people into a consistently good player over one preseason, Dempsey would probably win a Brownlow.

1. 2015 will be Malthouse's last year as senior coach
2. 2015 will be Buckley's last year as senior of coach of Collingwood.
3. Harry O will have the last laugh
What only a laugh?
Try a sermon/ diatribe on all the domestic violence that crustaceans have to put up with that will go on for 3 hours
interspersed with anecdotes of his terrible upbringing and a request to meet Fred Hollows ashes

Only a laugh....... We should be so happy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) Come the bye, Collingwood's season is in tatters leaving Eddie to resort to comfort eating and shifting his focus to adding extra chins to his already formidable collection.

2) Brent Harvey makes history by becoming the first pensioner to finish in the top 10 Brownlow Medal count.

3) Geelong once again defy the odds and make another GF only to be beaten by a more classier, rampaging Port Adelaide outfit. The end result is a neat 120 points. John Butcher has a day out kicking 2.14 and 7 out of bounds on the full.

It was an interesting draft. I have three reasons for my prediction.

1. The draft order and who was rated changed significantly over the season. All players, including the top echelon, had significant faults and where they sat in the draft order largely depended on club preference rather than pick 4 being a clearly superior player to pick 15. It's either going to be the best draft ever or a bit of a dud.
2. My Club Carlton clearly didn't rate the draft at all and did everything it could to avoid selecting players from this under 18s draft crop. I would hope they know what they're doing.
3. The best two players in the draft went to Melbourne. Not exactly a haven for talent development.

Your club has the best recruiters in the competition, that's why Carlton has the best list in the competition. They know exactly what they are doing.

Damn ... Always thought we should have snaffled Tambling of the Tigers when we had the chance .

Guess you guys in Adelaide are just always 1 step ahead ...

Big words from someone from a club who traded Betts and Jacobs for Thomas and Trigg. It must be a pathetic existence living trying to defend your club.

Yeah nah. Selwood actually played junior footy during his draft year, and Lever is no Selwood.
Oh please, so Lever is a bad pick because he didn't play in his draft year but Selwoods situation is different because he did play even though they both had the same injury during the draft. I didn't compare their playing abilities, I compared their situations because they are similar. Watch Levers highlights and you'll see why we picked him up at 14.
Big words from someone from a club who traded Betts and Jacobs for Thomas and Trigg. It must be a pathetic existence living trying to defend your club.
What are you talking about? Trigg is a great CEO ;):drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back