Post your teams here - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not taking Dream Team too seriously this year (year 12), so am more than happy to post my plan team for others to look at, compare, etc.

B: B. Gibbs (C), C. Enright, B. Deledio, J. Grimes, X. Ellis, J. Adcock, A. Otten
M: B. Goddard (C), J. Kelly, S. Burgoyne, C. Morton, J. Sherman, B. McLean
R: J. Fraser, D. Petrie
F: N. Riewoldt, B. McGlynn, S. Higgins, S. Sidebottom, S. Byrnes, M. Morton, M. Bate

All my rookies are $84,200 (most mature agers) except one ruck who is above that limit. Pretty happy with that team, flexible between B/C but no real link between C/F which may/may not hurt the team in the long run in 2011.

Not a bad team mate for someone who isnt taking it so seriously!

Here is my team: (Comments welcome)

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Enright, Deledio, Otten, Jacobs, Cripps
(X Clarke, Coad, Talia)
MID: Swan, Boyd, Hayes, Bartel, D Swallow, Gaff
(Heppell, Krakouer, Mzungu)
RUC: Sandilands, Cox (Redden, Smith)
FWD: Chapman, Riewoldt, Brennan, Morton, Knights, Petterd, Darling
(Howe, Matera, Retzlaff)
CASH LEFT: $3,900

Shhhh...Howe to be the forward bench sensation of 2011!!! :D

Not a bad team mate for someone who isnt taking it so seriously!

Here is my team: (Comments welcome)

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Enright, Deledio, Otten, Jacobs, Cripps
(X Clarke, Coad, Talia)
MID: Swan, Boyd, Hayes, Bartel, D Swallow, Gaff
(Heppell, Krakouer, Mzungu)
RUC: Sandilands, Cox (Redden, Smith)
FWD: Chapman, Riewoldt, Brennan, Morton, Knights, Petterd, Darling
(Howe, Matera, Retzlaff)
CASH LEFT: $3,900

Shhhh...Howe to be the forward bench sensation of 2011!!! :D

Nice guns / rookies team mate on early evidence. Good balance and solid DP links.

Only minor issue is Rd 4 in the mids with both Boyd and Hayes out. If you're looking to DP to cover you'll also have Goddard, X and Volt out.

Outside of that pretty solid

Nice guns / rookies team mate on early evidence. Good balance and solid DP links.

Only minor issue is Rd 4 in the mids with both Boyd and Hayes out. If you're looking to DP to cover you'll also have Goddard, X and Volt out.

Outside of that pretty solid

Thanks 54Dogs, getting some fairly positive feedback from you is quite an honour. I have been considering putting in hodge for hayes, just to get around the round 4 issue! Im sure my side will change a great deal once rookie form is exposed in NAB and practice matches.

The other side I have been contemplating is:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Coad, Hibberd
(Iles, Richardson, Toy)

MIDS: Swan, Boyd, Hayes, Hodge, D Swallow, Gaff
(Wallis, Krakouer, Mzungu)

RUCKS: Sandilands, Cox
(Smith, Daw)

FWDS: Chapman, N Riewoldt, Brennan, Brown, Knights, Petterd, Petrie
(Darling, Matera, Howe)

This one lacks the DP in backs and Ctrs though.

still needs some tinkering.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Kelly, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, Coad
Bench: (Toy, Pederson, Mzungu)

Midfield: Swan, Pendlebury, Boyd, Dalziell, Foley, Swallow
Bench: (Caddy, Wallis, Krakouer)

Rucks: Sandilands, Petrie
Bench: (Smith, Cordy)

Forwards: Riewoldt, Sylvia,Thomas, Rioli, Knights, Pettard, Lamb
Bench: (Prestia, Matera, Darling)

feedback is extremely welcome, finding it very hard to get a good team balance at the moment, as well as picking the right rookies.

still needs some tinkering.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Kelly, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, Coad
Bench: (Toy, Pederson, Mzungu)

Midfield: Swan, Pendlebury, Boyd, Dalziell, Foley, Swallow
Bench: (Caddy, Wallis, Krakouer)

Rucks: Sandilands, Petrie
Bench: (Smith, Cordy)

Forwards: Riewoldt, Sylvia,Thomas, Rioli, Knights, Pettard, Lamb
Bench: (Prestia, Matera, Darling)

feedback is extremely welcome, finding it very hard to get a good team balance at the moment, as well as picking the right rookies.

Have heard that Kelly might on be a mid, and I would expect that Thomas will also only be a mid.

Team so far:

Backs:
Goddard
Gibbs
Deledio
Otten
Heppell
Richardson
Puopolo

Iles
Coad
Toy

Mids:
Swan
Boyd
Pendulbury
Selwood (may swap for another mid, not sure who)
Swallow
Gaff

Polec
Atley
Krakouer

Rucks:
Jolly
Kreuzer

Petrie
Smith

Forwards:
Didak
Sylvia
Riewoldt
Chapman
Knights
Morton
Matera

Darling
Tapscott
Mzungu

Rack em Up, Salary cap left: $44,900.

Brendon Goddard, Brian Lake, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Nick Malceski, Jed Adcock, Andy Otten
Ben Jacobs, Cameron Richardson, Josh Toy

Dane Swan, Luke Shuey, David Swallow, Nathan Foley, Jared Polec, Dyson Heppell
Andrew Krakouer, Tendai Mzungu, Maverick Weller

Aaron Sandilands, Kurt Tippett
Zac Smith, Majak Daw

Paul Chapman, Alan Didak, Colin Sylvia, Nick Riewoldt, Cyril Rioli, Jack Riewoldt, Drew Petrie
Jed Lamb, Brandon Matera, Luke Tapscott

Kinda going something different this year and concentrating all my rookies in one area. Plenty of DP also, Thoughts appreciated:thumbsu:

Rack em Up, Salary cap left: $44,900.

Brendon Goddard, Brian Lake, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Nick Malceski, Jed Adcock, Andy Otten
Ben Jacobs, Cameron Richardson, Josh Toy

Dane Swan, Luke Shuey, David Swallow, Nathan Foley, Jared Polec, Dyson Heppell
Andrew Krakouer, Tendai Mzungu, Maverick Weller

Aaron Sandilands, Kurt Tippett
Zac Smith, Majak Daw

Paul Chapman, Alan Didak, Colin Sylvia, Nick Riewoldt, Cyril Rioli, Jack Riewoldt, Drew Petrie
Jed Lamb, Brandon Matera, Luke Tapscott

Kinda going something different this year and concentrating all my rookies in one area. Plenty of DP also, Thoughts appreciated:thumbsu:

Pretty solid longy but check Lakes fitness. Will have no PS and may miss the first few rounds.

Pretty solid longy but check Lakes fitness. Will have no PS and may miss the first few rounds.

Cheers Dogs, yeah heard he was a bit under done. Might swap for a Duffield/Enright. He was my only Doggie in the side to, not sure what to expect from the Dogs this year as far positions,player roles,rookies that will play, etc...:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backs - Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Greg Broughton, Nick Malceski, Jed Adcock, Andy Otten, Dyson Heppell

Cameron Richardson
Daniel Talia
Josh Toy

Centre - Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd , Brendon Goddard, Colin Sylvia, David Swallow, Nathan Foley

Rohan Bewick
Andrew Krakouer
Ian Callinan

Rucks - Aaron Sandilands, Darren Jolly

Zac Smith
Majak Daw

Forwards - Lance Franklin, Nick Riewoldt, Matthew Pavlich, Mitch Morton, Chris Knights, Ricky Petterd, Drew Petrie

Brandon Matera
Tendai Mzungu
Bryce Retzlaff

Round 6 an obvious issue but.....

Please comment on the good, the bad and the very ugly.

Nice side ABH!

Can't see much wrong with it. If I was being picky you prob don't need Sylvia in the mids as you already have a fwd link with Callinan. I take it the plan is to swap Goddard with Heppell when you are ready to upgrade Heppell/another mid rookie?

Nice side ABH!

Can't see much wrong with it. If I was being picky you prob don't need Sylvia in the mids as you already have a fwd link with Callinan. I take it the plan is to swap Goddard with Heppell when you are ready to upgrade Heppell/another mid rookie?

I am starting Goddard in the mids this year with Heppell and maybe X. Clarke in the backs.

Did it last year and swapped a player (Hawthorn C/B, forget who now) with Goddard when the time was right.

Reasoning is that there will be plenty more mids to upgrade to by round 6-8 and with Lids, Gibbs, Broughton and Grimes already in my backline it will hopefully mean my backs will be nearly set.

I am starting Goddard in the mids this year with Heppell and maybe X. Clarke in the backs.

Did it last year and swapped a player (Hawthorn C/B, forget who now) with Goddard when the time was right.

Reasoning is that there will be plenty more mids to upgrade to by round 6-8 and with Lids, Gibbs, Broughton and Grimes already in my backline it will hopefully mean my backs will be nearly set.

This is a very interesting strategy and one I'll be sure to have a good look at as the season approaches. The benefit of two C/B rookies in the backs is that, assuming both are getting regular games, you can plan to have one as your "keeper DP rookies" to be swapped back into the mids and provide that DP link; and you can also keep the other for insurance just in case either of the two go down, and simply trade out the injured DP rookie.

I'm also thinking about employing this strategy to link the C/F with possibly Chapman the gun DP link.

B: Brendon Goddard, Brian Lake, Harry Taylor, Andrejs Everitt, Ben Reid, Andy Otten, Paul Puopolo
Michael Coad, Peter Faulks, Karmichael Hunt

C: Dane Swan, Jimmy Bartel, Luke Hodge, Tom Scully, Dustin Martin, Stephen Hill
David Swallow, Andrew Gaff, Andrew Krakouer

R: Aaron Sandilands, Darren Jolly
Josh Fraser, Max Bailey

F: Alan Didak, Nick Riewoldt, Matthew Pavlich, David Hale, Drew Petrie, Isaac Smith, Jed Lamb
Tendai Mzungu, Liam Patrick, Ian Callinan

Salary cap left: $48,500
As much feed back as possible please.

Nice side ABH!

Why couldn't he keep Goddard in the mids all year? Would increase his points, not decrease imo. Certainly did for me last year leaving a forward in the midfield all year.

B: Brendon Goddard, Brian Lake, Harry Taylor, Andrejs Everitt, Ben Reid, Andy Otten, Paul Puopolo

Josh Fraser, Max Bailey

F: Alan Didak, Nick Riewoldt, Matthew Pavlich, David Hale, Drew Petrie, Isaac Smith, Jed Lamb

I reckon you've got too much $$$ on the pine!!!

You could swap Fraser for Daw and have the DP link with Petrie in the forwards to cover injuries...

I wouldn't look at Hale, not a DTer.

In the mids you would think you'd want to be playing at least Swallow and maybe even Gaff, both have been hyped to average around 70... maybe choose 1 out of Scully, Martin or Hill and replace the other 2 with rookies and then upgrade a couple in the backs...

Puopolo is not sure a game i wouldn;t have thought, Harry Taylor is no DTer, same goes for Ben Reid. I'd trade Taylor and reid for a Gibbs/Deledio and Heppell or something like that...

Josh Fraser, Max Bailey

There are a few concerns I have about several players in your team.
Reid- Im not sure what you see in Reid to be honest. Doesn't play loose defender and usually takes a key forward. This generally doesn't translate into good DT scores.

Everitt- Too much of an unknown for me. A bit too risky for my liking.

Tom Scully and Martin- I just don't see enough improvement at their prices. Priced at around the 300k mark, you would want them to lift their average to around 90 and even then, its not going to be enough as you 5th and 6th midfielder. You would be better off moving Swallow onto the field to replace Martin then downgrade Martin so you have money to upgrade Scully to a premium.

David Hale- No offence but i think he is an absolute spud.

Josh Fraser, Max Bailey

Way to many $ on your mids and ruck bench. Not enough thought in your 6th/7th players. To many Key Position players who play man on man thus do not pick up as many DT points.

Stephen Hill isnt an accumulator, same goes for Martin IMO. Both are damaging players but not the accumulators you want in your team. Get Hale out now as well as Taylor, Reid and Everitt (none of these players will average over 15 possesions).

Back to the drawing board!

Salary cap left: $84,200.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Jason Gram, Dyson Heppell, Ben Jacobs
Michael Coad, Josh Toy, Paul Puopolo

Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd, Marc Murphy, David Swallow, Andrew Gaff, Jared Polec
Reece Conca, Shaun Atley, Jasper McMillan-Pittard

Darren Jolly, Josh Fraser
Drew Petrie, Zac Smith

Paul Chapman, Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes, Nick Riewoldt, Chris Knights, Dion Prestia, Tendai Mzungu
John Butcher, Luke Tapscott, Ian Callinan

Salary cap left: $84,200.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Jason Gram, Dyson Heppell, Ben Jacobs
Michael Coad, Josh Toy, Paul Puopolo

Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd, Marc Murphy, David Swallow, Andrew Gaff, Jared Polec
Reece Conca, Shaun Atley, Jasper McMillan-Pittard

Darren Jolly, Josh Fraser
Drew Petrie, Zac Smith

Paul Chapman, Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes, Nick Riewoldt, Chris Knights, Dion Prestia, Tendai Mzungu
John Butcher, Luke Tapscott, Ian Callinan

Like your back line.

Midfield is good but not a fan of your bench.

IMO Drew Petrie is to expensive for the bench and should be started as a 7th forward or not in your team at all. Zac Smith should provide enough cover if you decide not to have Petrie at all. Going without Sandy is risky but Jolly should average similar.

Think there is better options than Goodes in the forward line. Dont like your forward bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back