Post your teams here - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jacobs & Lobbe are both injured. I'll make that clear for DonsStormLFC, that this is the Jacobs from Port Adelaide!

Bit thin for Captain options. Goddard, Chapman - yep. Past that, a bit of a gamble. The rule of thumb would be that you need one of Swannie, Ablett or Matt Boyd. Having said that, could be the difference between you and your opposition, either good or bad.

Other than that, pretty solid team.

I've always known it was Jacobs from Port Adelaide

Backs: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, M. Hurley, A. Otten, P. Puopolo (D Talia, J Brennan, N. Duigan)

Mids: D. Swan, M. Boyd, J. Bartel, K. Jack, D. Swallow, D. Harris (A. Gaff, T Mzungu, D. Heppell)

Rucks: A. Sandilands, J. Fraser (J. Tippett, R. Campbell)

Forwards: P. Chapman, L. Franklin, N. Riewoldt, M. Pavlich, C. Knights, D. Petrie, A. Krakouer (C. Richardson, L. Tapscott, B. Matera)

9K left.

I'm relatively happy with this team at this point, fair few DPP links, but definitely would apprectiate any suggestions. Dunno about Hurley but I need a mid-price DEF for this structure, are there better around?? And any gun rookies I'm missing? Thanks guys!

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, C. Enright, B. Deledio, P. Duffield, A. Otten, M. Coad (J. Toy, N. Duigan, P. Puopolo)
MID: D. Swan, M. Boyd, L. Montagna, A. Gaff, A. Krakouer, D. Heppell (D. Harris, T. Mzungu, M. Weller)
RUC: D. Cox, M. Leuenberger (J. Tippett, Z. Smith)
FWD: P. Chapman, L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, N. Riewoldt, J. Riewoldt, D. Petrie, B. Matera (C. Richardson, I. Smith, I. Callinan)
CASH LEFT: $38,300

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, C. Enright, B. Deledio, P. Duffield, A. Otten, M. Coad (J. Toy, N. Duigan, P. Puopolo)
MID: D. Swan, M. Boyd, L. Montagna, A. Gaff, A. Krakouer, D. Heppell (D. Harris, T. Mzungu, M. Weller)
RUC: D. Cox, M. Leuenberger (J. Tippett, Z. Smith)
FWD: P. Chapman, L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, N. Riewoldt, J. Riewoldt, D. Petrie, B. Matera (C. Richardson, I. Smith, I. Callinan)
CASH LEFT: $38,300

Main risk here is no Sandilands, backline looks solid but not sold on Enright this year as he might be on the decline. First 3 in the midfield are excellent but you might want to look to get another premium or potential premium in and have only 2 of Gaff, Krakouer and Heppell. With the forward line is Pav on the decline and also is J.Riewoldt get any better?

Do like the side though.

I have posted a few teams already but I believe this will be the final one prior to NAB cup form.

BACKS:Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Toy, Duigan (Faulks, Coad, Puopollo)
MIDS:Swan, Montagna, Bartel, Anthony, Ward, D.Swallow (Harris, Atley, Curnow)
RUCKS:Sandilands, Cox (Z.Smith, Bailey)
FWDS:Chapman, Franklin, Sylvia, Roo, Rioli, A.Krakouer, I.Callinan (Mzungu, Richardson, Matera)

Thoughts on any possible changes?

I have posted a few teams already but I believe this will be the final one prior to NAB cup form.

BACKS:Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Toy, Duigan (Faulks, Coad, Puopollo)
FWDS:Chapman, Franklin, Sylvia, Roo, Rioli, A.Krakouer, I.Callinan (Mzungu, Richardson, Matera)

You have a whole bunch of DP forward/mids all in the forward line but no one to swap them with in midfield, same goes for defenders/mids, selecting Mzungu or Krakouer in midfield instead of forward line, and someone like Heppell in the midfield would gives you the ability to use the DPP's.

My current line up, midfield is a bit on the cheap side but I figure thats generally where the most improvement is made so can take bigger risks there:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Adcock, Otten, X Clarke (B Jacobs, Toy, Puopolo)

MID: Swan, Montagna, K Simpson, Aaron Davey, Heppell, Mzungu (Krakouer, D Harris, Wallis)

RUCK: Sandilands, Jolly (Z Smith, M Bailey)

FWD: Chapman, Goodes, N Riewoldt, Rioli, L Henderson, Knights, Veszpremi (Matera, Talia, I Smith)

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Enright, Broughton, Otten, Heppel,
Puopolo, Duigan, Coad

MIDS: Swan, Montagna, Goodes, Swallow, Carrazzo, Foley
Harris, Mzungu, Atley

RUCKS: Sandilands, Petrie
Bailey, Campbell

FORAWRDS: Chapman, Franklin, McGlynn, Morton, Fyfye, Gamble, Krakouer,
Smith, Callinan, Matera

Cash: $30,800

BACKS: Goddard, Deledio, Gibbs, Broughton, Grimes, Adcock, Otten (Faulks, Toy, Hibberd)

MIDS: Swan, Stanton, Montagna, Anthony, D.Swallow, Heppell (Harris, Mzungu, Smith)

RUCKS: Sandilands, Fraser (Smith, J.Tippett)

FORWARDS: Franklin, Sylvia, Gilbert, M.Morton, Knights, Krakouer, Petrie (Matera, Richardson, Talia)

Hows it looking?

Goddard - Gibbs - Rawlings - Deledio - Duffield - Otten - Puopolo
Toy - Cripps - Hibberd

Boyd - Montagna - Pendlebury - Bartel - D Swallow - Harris
Gaff - Heppell - Prestia

Jolly - Jacobs
Hale - Smith

Chapman - Sylvia - N Riewoldt - M Morton - Petrie - Krakouer - I Smith
Matera - Lamb - Callinan

I think this will be fairly close to the team that i start the season with (subject to injuries, NAB cup form etc).

Obviously no Swan or Sandilands.

Any thoughts or opinions?

looks pretty good, the ruck combo being the only really low scoring area... but you obviously know that cos thats how you could afford to load up your other areas!

BACKS: Goddard, Deledio, Gibbs, Broughton, Grimes, Adcock, Otten (Faulks, Toy, Hibberd)

MIDS: Swan, Stanton, Montagna, Anthony, D.Swallow, Heppell (Harris, Mzungu, Smith)

RUCKS: Sandilands, Fraser (Smith, J.Tippett)

FORWARDS: Franklin, Sylvia, Gilbert, M.Morton, Knights, Krakouer, Petrie (Matera, Richardson, Talia)

Hows it looking?

i like what you have done i think i have done similar... one thing to think about though, last year the Backs were not as high scoring as other years and yet you seem to have spent a fair bit on premium backs... maybe downgrade one and improve the forward line?

Main risk here is no Sandilands, backline looks solid but not sold on Enright this year as he might be on the decline. First 3 in the midfield are excellent but you might want to look to get another premium or potential premium in and have only 2 of Gaff, Krakouer and Heppell. With the forward line is Pav on the decline and also is J.Riewoldt get any better?

Do like the side though.

Not sold on Sylvia, a bit ir a risk, same with Rioli. Pretty good team.

I don't know how good Sandilands will be this year, just have a feeling he has peaked in dream team terms.

You have an extra rukkie in the back line and a better midfield. For me the three rookie midfeild worked well last year and happy to go again.

Anthony a risk but I had him my team for ages. Not sold on Ward though.

Goddard - Gibbs - Rawlings - Deledio - Duffield - Otten - Puopolo
Toy - Cripps - Hibberd

Boyd - Montagna - Pendlebury - Bartel - D Swallow - Harris
Gaff - Heppell - Prestia

Jolly - Jacobs
Hale - Smith

Chapman - Sylvia - N Riewoldt - M Morton - Petrie - Krakouer - I Smith
Matera - Lamb - Callinan

I think this will be fairly close to the team that i start the season with (subject to injuries, NAB cup form etc).

Obviously no Swan or Sandilands.

Any thoughts or opinions?

The main thing that sticks out for me here is Hale on the bench. Thats a good 100K sitting there that you probably wont use. I see you are using it to counter for when its either Jolly or Jacobs turn for the bye using the DPP rule but one thing you might find happens is come that time you could be short in your forward line with other players having the bye therefore you would be holding a zero regardless? I think youll find that Smith should be sufficient backup. Perhaps trading Hale to Bailey to cover all options.
The remaining money I would look at upgrading one of your forwards.

Here is my team, any thoughts or suggestions would be great lads.

Backs: Goddard, Bruce, Deledio, Duffield, Suban, Otten, Toy (Duigan, Hibberd, Puopolo)

Mids: Swan, Montagna, Judd, Gibbs, Tambling, Swallow (Heppell, Harris, Callinan)

Rucks: Jolly, Jacobs (Smith, McCauley)

Forwards: Chapman, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Yarran, Zaharakis, Dangerfield, Krakouer (Matera, Mzungu, Smith)

28K in the bank

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Guys, any feedback would be appreciated

Backs: Goddard Gibbs Scotland Deledio Broughton Heppell Puopolo (Duigan Toy Talia)
Mids: Swan Boyd Murphy Scully D.Swallow Harris (Atley Smith Hibberd)
Rucks: Sandilands Cox (Smith J.Tippett)
Fwrds: Chapman Sylvia N.Reivoldt Franklyn Petrie Krakouer Mzunga (Richardson Prestia Callinan)

Thanks again guys

Not easy to see who the players are - try cropping it in MS Paint.

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Duffield, Carazzo, Adcock, Otten, Heppel
(B,Jacobs, J Troy, N Duigan)

Mids: Swan, Montagna, Judd, Pavlich, Foley, D Swallow
(A Gaff, D Harris, S Atley)

Rucks: Cox, Goldstien
(Z Smith, M Bailey)

Forwards: Chapman, Franklin, Harvey,N Riewoldt, Petrie, Krackouer, D Prestia
(C Richardson, T Mzungu,B Matera)

There you go thanks :),

If anyone esle would like to rate my team or who move out of the side would be appreciated ta :thumbsu:

Just putting some thought into the midfield and was thinking how can I get away from spending so much money on the likes of a Swan, GAJ, or Boyd.

A large skill in this time wasting game is figuring out who YOU think will be the big improvers and therefore making value for money decisions.

Who do you think may progress from a premium (say a 90-100ppg player) to a super premium this year and WHY?

A couple of possibilities for mine are:

M. Murphy - A fitter McLean may mean more clearances and more outside possies for the likes of Murphy and Simpson. Been in the system a few years now and should be ready to peak. Gibbs another one for Carlton who may as well with potentially more time in the guts

Sylvia - seems to be past alot of his injury dramas and looks to me to have as much talent as anyone in the game. An improving Demons should help

Buddy - Hale as a third tall should help, a fit Hawks side with Rioli, SBurg, Sewell fully fit will definately help

Agree with these or not and who do you reckon???

It's a risky strategy but give me your opinions

16143329.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back