Post your teams here - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well thank god I had Jacobs from Adelaide and not Port Adelaide then hey ?

:D

Yep - ur one smart cookie!

All the previous posts talked about the Jacobs in def or midfield, not ruck. So, if you meant the Jacobs from Adelaide, it should have been obvious that we weren't discussing him.

:rolleyes:

Just got to prey that when either Sandilands or Jacobs have the bye, 1 of either Charman/Campbell play. If not, then I may b in a bit of strife during those 4 rounds during the season. Both are Number 3 ruckmans at their clubs

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Heppell, Toy, Faulks, Puopolo, Duigan.

Mids: Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Anthony, Swallow, Gaff, Smith, Harris, Atley

Fwds: Franklin, Chapman, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Knights, Petrie, Krakouer, Prestia, Mzungu, Callinan

Rucks: Sandilands, Jolly, Bailey, Smith

Couple of uncertain areas, Mainly the 2 rookies in the backline, and with Faulks not impressing on the track, may need to change.

Also Fwds look a little thin... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Otten, Heppell, Toy, Faulks, Puopolo, Duigan.

Mids: Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Anthony, Swallow, Gaff, Smith, Harris, Atley

Fwds: Franklin, Chapman, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Knights, Petrie, Krakouer, Prestia, Mzungu, Callinan

Rucks: Sandilands, Jolly, Bailey, Smith

Couple of uncertain areas, Mainly the 2 rookies in the backline, and with Faulks not impressing on the track, may need to change.

Also Fwds look a little thin... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Knights is afully injury prone, he won't play a full season

The only reason i would put Petrie in, is as a DP with Tippett in the ruck. Injury prone and not that high a scorer

Why have Goddard, Gibbs and Lids all in the backline?

Move 1 to the centre for DP purposes

The only reason i would put Petrie in, is as a DP with Tippett in the ruck. Injury prone and not that high a scorer

Why have Goddard, Gibbs and Lids all in the backline?

Move 1 to the centre for DP purposes

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I am crying in pain from laughing too much.

Downgrade Gaff / upgrade Anthony and your team is a awesome. Though if Gaff has better J/S and you're keen on Anthony then ignore this as both work.

Couple of concerns - I've said it in several previous posts, that having Adcock & Otten, both in the backline, both coming back from long term injuries, is a gamble. .

That's true but last year, having Waters, Maguire, Malceski etc proved to be a good option. Its a risk management issue.

That's true but last year, having Waters, Maguire, Malceski etc proved to be a good option. Its a risk management issue.

Granted, Jars. Waters was OK, but he was the one I left out. He had a couple of low scores early in the season, which initially vindicated my decision - at least for the first few weeks. Maguire was never going to be a big scorer (may have put him on my bench, given his "bargain basement" price - which is an exception, to the above rule - for the first 8 or 9, games before trading out) & Malceski was my target. Had a few guys in my league go the Swannie double - ie. Malceski & Kennelly - which cost them games, when Kennelly got knocked.

If you were clever enough to go Malceski & Waters and stick with Waters after those couple of so-so early games, you would have been pretty happy, no doubt.

As I mentioned, it's just a rule of thumb I use and I concede your point is also valid.

Hey all, any comments or feed back would be appreciated

B: Goddard, Deledio, Grimes, Adcock, Bartram, Astbury, Moore (Heppel, Toy, Tape)

M: Hayes, Hodge, Scully, Trengove, Martin, Rohan (D Swallow, Gaff, Conca)

R: Sandi, K Tippett (Bailey, Campbell)

F: Didak, Green, Sylvia, Zaharakis, Dangerfield, Hurley, A Krakouer (Matera, L Patrick, Howe)

I've gone heavy on Demons - i think all on field are in for big years. Bartram although isn't a big scorer will play every game if fit. Howe and Campbell speculative), Deliberately omitted Ablett and Swan - will upgrade down the track - i think there's plenty of points there and plenty of solid upgrades as we go - GC boys on bench only for upgrades.

Thanks for any input in advance :)

LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I am crying in pain from laughing too much.

Downgrade Gaff / upgrade Anthony and your team is a awesome. Though if Gaff has better J/S and you're keen on Anthony then ignore this as both work.

So you think having 2 injury prone players in the 1 possie is alright then?

Add to those 2, in Chapman (Chapman's last 5 years games played: 22,19,19,20,24 thats including finals) and Sylvia (Sylvia's last 5 years for games played: 17,16,18,17,15) and you might have some tasty donuts for dinner

Then you have Franklin you is prone to the old suspension....

And you also think its alright that if you are going to have 3 gun backmen, all of whom could play in the middle and give you DP protection for injuries/ byes. Why not have 1 in the middle?

Hey all, any comments or feed back would be appreciated

B: Goddard, Deledio, Grimes, Adcock, Bartram, Astbury, Moore (Heppel, Toy, Tape)

M: Hayes, Hodge, Scully, Trengove, Martin, Rohan (D Swallow, Gaff, Conca)

R: Sandi, K Tippett (Bailey, Campbell)

F: Didak, Green, Sylvia, Zaharakis, Dangerfield, Hurley, A Krakouer (Matera, L Patrick, Howe)

I've gone heavy on Demons - i think all on field are in for big years. Bartram although isn't a big scorer will play every game if fit. Howe and Campbell speculative), Deliberately omitted Ablett and Swan - will upgrade down the track - i think there's plenty of points there and plenty of solid upgrades as we go - GC boys on bench only for upgrades.

Thanks for any input in advance :)

I'm sorry but I really dont like this team. You're going to cop zeros when Melbourne have a bye if you're not lucky.

Bartram - Isnt a big scorer but will play every game??? How about you choose a rookie who COULD be a big scorer and will play every game for a lower price?

Hurley - Big question marks

Captain - The only definite captain choice you have in your team is Goddard. Always need at least 2 imo.

Mids - Your bench is to expensive. I'd start Swallow ahead of any of your last 2 mids, chuck in Mzungu (DP) and use that money to upgrade. I'd consider doing the same with Gaff

Didak - No pre season

Green - Better off with Sylvia imo (oh you have both) well better off with someone else. Will not match last years effort and is priced in FULLY

K Tippet - No point choosing Tippet unless you have a DP ruck in your forward line which you dont.

Hodge - Is imo DT redundant now he isnt DP. Played 16 games last year and will never play the whole 22 due to his playing style. You really need at least another 1 preferably 2 keepers in the mids

You have way to many mid priced players

So many more things to add but I dont have the time. Hopefully someone else does

Bahhh so many average players. BOlded are players I wouldnt even consider

Backs
Goddard, Gibbs, Rawlings, Malceski, Grimes, Shaw, Otten
Heppell, Toy, Puopolo

Midfield
Boyd (C), Hodge, Deledio, Swallow, Harris, Krakouer,
Smith, Atley, Wallis

Rucks
Kreuzer, Petrie
Smith, Campbell

Forwards
Franklin, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Pavlich, LeCras, Tippett, Knights
Matera, Mzungu, Callinan

Barley a mid ranged player in the side, have gone heavy on good rookies very few upgrades needed, potentionally only 4.

Bank
$111.8k

BACKS
Goddard, Deledio, J.Grimes, N.Maxwell, M.Johnson, A.Otten, D.Heppell (P.Puopolo, N.Duigan, D.Daniher)

MIDS
Swan, Montagna, M.Murphy, B.Stanton, T.Scully, R.Conca (A.Krakouer, D.Harris, T.Mzungo)

RUCKS
Sandilands, Jolly (Z.Smith, R.Campbell)

FORWARDS
Chapman, N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, M.Hurley, T.Walker, D.Petrie, I.Smith (C.Richardson, I.Callinan, B.Matera)

He doesn't need to play a full season though. 8-10 rounds @ 85 is enough to upgrade to a premium. Anything more than this will be a bonus much like Brett Burton a couple of seasons ago.

Hodge - Is imo DT redundant now he isnt DP. Played 16 games last year and will never play the whole 22 due to his playing style. You really need at least another 1 preferably 2 keepers in the mids

He might play 21 though. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys I'm looking for some feedback on my squad - Just need to tweek the structure of my team, while I'm going for a predominately gun-rookie mix, I'm not too sure on the placement of the rookies, particularly the DPP.

Backs
Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell
(Toy, Howard, Duigan)

Mids
Swan, Boyd, Stanton, Palmer, D.Swallow, Polec
(Atley, Harris, Gaff)

Rucks
Sandilands, Leuenberger
(Petrie, Z.Smith)

Forwards
Franklin, Didak, Sylvia, Riewoldt, A.Krak, Prestia, Matera
(Mzungu, Talia, Callinan) *Note, obviously won't be starting prestia & matera in round 1, just trying to get the mix of rookies right for each position.

Guys I'm looking for some feedback on my squad - Just need to tweek the structure of my team, while I'm going for a predominately gun-rookie mix, I'm not too sure on the placement of the rookies, particularly the DPP.

Backs
Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell
(Toy, Howard, Duigan)

OK
Mids
Swan, Boyd, Stanton, Palmer, D.Swallow, Polec
(Atley, Harris, Gaff)

Better rookie options. Don't like Palmer, pay 15 G extra for Scully, could possibly be a keep, ripper preseason, dominating over there.
Rucks
Sandilands, Leuenberger
(Petrie, Z.Smith)
Like going with player with upside, Leuenberger has just that. Don't waste that extra cash on Petrie
Forwards
Franklin, Didak, Sylvia, Riewoldt, A.Krak, Prestia, Matera
(Mzungu, Talia, Callinan)
Not too bad overall, pretty good team.:thumbsu:

*Note, obviously won't be starting prestia & matera in round 1, just trying to get the mix of rookies right for each position.

My team:

Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Hurley, Otten - Toy, Puopolo, Duigan

Backs are the hardest just because I can't put a finger on who the top 10 players will be. Hurley has the potential to be a 90 PPG player so I took him. If I were to take anyone else it would be Grundy. But would have to raise the cash. Connors is an interesting pick, though too risky for mine. Scotland is probley the one player I would say will certainly remain in the top ten. Injury and age concern for Milburn, Lake, Hargrave, Bruce, Mackie. Harbrow new team, who knows, Gilbert played as a forward...NO.

Midfielders:
Swan, Pendlebury, Boak, Scully, Martin, Swallow - Ilse, Mzungu, I. Smith

Swan and Pendlebury are safe picks. See Boak as a top 5 midfielder this year, he is set to blossom. Saw him live round 22, geez he was good. Port fans will agree. Scully I consider as a risky keeper, could be a top ten midfielder this year after hearing what he has been doing. Martin I do not like really, 80-85 player and will probley trade him out before the season starts. Martin out rookie in, then hurley to Fisher/Scotland????

Rucks:
Sandilands, Naitanui - Smith, Bailey

Naitanui, another gamble on a top 3 pick. only needs to average about 85 to be a keeper in DT ruck position. I see Cox's role getting smaller and Nicnat coming on strong. Great player and most agile/athletic ruckman there is.

Forwards: S. Johnson, Riewoldt, Rioli, Morton, Varcoe, Krakouer, Callinan - Howe, Matera, Richardson

S. Johnson and Riewoldt I love to watch and will be a top 10 forwards, I am confident. Rioli to join the elite category. The upside in Morton and Varcoe is massive!!! Both could be in the top 10 fantasy forwards this year. Varcoe they reckon will be taking Gazza's role this year and is the player cats fans are most excited about. Morton as a tiger supporter is the player I am most looking forward to watch in the league full stop!I would love to have Franklin. But wouldn't trade out Varcoe, Rioli or Morton for him. I will upgrade a bench player for him!

What are your thoughts on the I have???
I am going for overall.

Backs
Goddard, Gibbs, Rawlings, Malceski, Grimes, Shaw, Otten
Heppell, Toy, Puopolo

Midfield
Boyd (C), Hodge, Deledio, Swallow, Harris, Krakouer,
Smith, Atley, Wallis

Rucks
Kreuzer, Petrie
Smith, Campbell

Forwards
Franklin, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Pavlich, LeCras, Tippett, Knights
Matera, Mzungu, Callinan

Barley a mid ranged player in the side, have gone heavy on good rookies very few upgrades needed, potentionally only 4.

Bank
$111.8k

Pretty good team, but having 3 Adelaide players in the forward line leaves you with zero wiggle room when they have the bye

LeCras is also pretty dubious, he needs a lot of goals to score well. Has never been a massive point scorer

Ruck's will score ok, but won't pull consistent 100's

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Hurley, Otten - Toy, Puopolo, Duigan

Midfielders: Swan, Pendlebury, Boak, Scully, Martin, Swallow - Ilse, Mzungu, I. Smith

Rucks:

Forwards: S. Johnson, Riewoldt, Rioli, Morton, Varcoe, Krakouer, Callinan - Howe, Matera, Richardson

Thoughts?

Backs: Goodard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, N Krakouer, A Otten, D Heppell
Emg: Faulks, Toy, Duigan

Mids: Swan, Montagna, Cooney, Cotchin, S Hill, D Swallow
Emg: Gaff, Atley, Wallis

Rucks: Sandi & Jamar
Emg: Cordy & Curnow

Forwards: Franklin, Didak, Riewoldt, Pavlich, Zaharakis, Petrie, A Krakouer
Emg: I Smith, Mzungu, C Richardson

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Hurley, Otten - Toy, Puopolo, Duigan

Midfielders: Swan, Pendlebury, Boak, Scully, Martin, Swallow - Ilse, Mzungu, I. Smith

Rucks:

Thoughts?

I think we need to take more account of byes in selecting our team. Why, for example, would you have $1M odd sitting on your bench in round 7 and 13?

2uzfha0.jpg

Any opinions?

I think we need to take more account of byes in selecting our team. Why, for example, would you have $1M odd sitting on your bench in round 7 and 13?
Thanks for the feedback, your right! So I got ride of Pendlebury for L. Anthony and upgrade S. Johnson to Colin Sylvia. Leaving the team now at:

Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Hurley, Otten - Toy, Puopolo, Duigan

Midfielders:
Swan, Boak, L. Anthony, Scully, Martin, Swallow - Ilse, Mzungu, I. Smith

Rucks: Sandilands, Naitanui - Smith, Bailey

Forwards:
Sylvia, Riewoldt, Rioli, Morton, Varcoe, Krakouer, Callinan - Howe, Matera, Richardson
I have 83 thousand dollars remaining.

What should I do? Upgrade Varcoe to Steve Johnson? Or Martin to Cooney? I really think Varcoe could have a break out year though!

ok, I have changed around my team and thanks to the change of y rucks, I have been able to upgrade in other areas

Defenders - Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Waters, Grimes, Otten, Hibberd
(Faulks, Duigan, Puopolo)

Midfielders - Swan, Montagna, Judd, Foley, Selwood, Swallow
(Mzungu, Atley, I.Smith)

Rucks - Petrie, Jacobs
(Bailey, Z.Smith)

Forwards - Chapman, Sylvia, B.Harvey, N.Riewoldt, Higgins, Krakouer, Callinan
(Prestia, Darling, T.Walsh)

Jacobs will be Crows #1 ruckman and his match average DT wise will improve heaps, due to him being only #2 or #3 at carlton last year. Tommy Walsh will finally get his chance in the NAB Cup, he looks in the mould of Bombers Ryder.

Nothing much between Hibberd & Heppell, both will get plenty of game time down back for Bombers. Giving Foley a chance, hoping he is over his injury worries, same with Higgins. If they are both injury free in 2011 they could both easily average 90+ per game.

Great value in the 2 starting rucks which gave e plenty of $$ to use elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back