Preview Pre-Season 2015 - Training, Pics etc

Remove this Banner Ad

If they say no to me I will throw my bike on the ground and have a hissy fit, then eat two kebabs on the way home instead of one due to depression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was you, part of me would be hoping they say no...

If I was you, part of me would be hoping they say no...

Fair, but if I get in ill be having the standard one kebab followed by two celebration kebabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who is shaping as a surprise packet at your club in 2015?

CARLTON-Liam Jones
Recruited from Western Bulldogs, 198cm, 98kg, 66 games
At Carlton's annual general meeting recently, coach Mick Malthouse described Jones as "one of the most explosive animals that I've ever seen", adding that he believed the former Dog would make "a massive impact" with the Blues. Bulldogs fans could be forgiven for wondering if Malthouse was talking about the same player who managed just 10 games last year in a Dogs attack that was crying out for a key target. Another fan is Rob Wiley, Carlton's director of development and coaching, who told AFL.com.au: "Liam's got great strength and speed, and the players have really warmed to him. He might surprise a few. Maybe in the past he's been the No. 1 target but now he might be the second or third target, which changes the dynamics a little, for him and us." - Ben Collins

Hope they're right :)

They are right. The trick will now be for Jones to translate that pre-season form into real-game form.

Pretty sure I've said here much earlier that Jones doesn't look like a pick #46 pick-up......Tutt or Dick maybe, but not Jones. Performing like a star for now.

They are right. The trick will now be for Jones to translate that pre-season form into real-game form.

Pretty sure I've said here much earlier that Jones doesn't look like a pick #46 pick-up......Tutt or Dick maybe, but not Jones. Performing like a star for now.

The "massive impact" comment is huge considering his past form. Here's hoping hey :)

The "massive impact" comment is huge considering his past form. Here's hoping hey :)

To be fair to Malthouse, Rogers, Wiley and Carlton as a whole right now, the transparency levels are very high.

There's little scope for bullshit and I think it's fair for them being comfortable in making such calls.............and if it doesn't work out that way then O.K. but it's hard to ignore Jones's form at training right now.................really hard.

To be fair to Malthouse, Rogers, Wiley and Carlton as a whole right now, the transparency levels are very high.

There's little scope for bullshit and I think it's fair for them being comfortable in making such calls.............and if it doesn't work out that way then O.K. but it's hard to ignore Jones's form at training right now.................really hard.

As you said, hopefully he can turn pre season form into game form. I'm going to reserve my judgement for now though. I've been disappointed by big statemets the Club has made in the past

Harker generally I get a feel for how our season is going to pan out by reading your training reports. To date, how does this preseason compare to the last couple? Are we looking better as a team?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As you said, hopefully he can turn pre season form into game form. I'm going to reserve my judgement for now though. I've been disappointed by big statemets the Club has made in the past

But that doesn't matter BlueBelle

The point is that Jones is looking terrific and is being applauded and encouraged for doing so and to maintain that form in the future.
It's just stating a matter of fact for now and not setting out any wild and ambitious projections. Jones is looking a million bucks and good on him for doing so.

But that doesn't matter BlueBelle

The point is that Jones is looking terrific and is being applauded and encouraged for doing so and to maintain that form in the future.
It's just stating a matter of fact for now and not setting out any wild and ambitious projections. Jones is looking a million bucks and good on him for doing so.

Yes but they all look a million bucks during preseason and they're usually all flying as well. Means nothing until the real stuff starts

Harker generally I get a feel for how our season is going to pan out by reading your training reports. To date, how does this preseason compare to the last couple? Are we looking better as a team?

In short..........NO, but that's based on the 6 or so sessions I've seen.

Taking Walker and Robinson out of the equation, the general tone doesn't front up as strong from the top end of things.
(Gibbs, Walker and Robinson were generally the three that stood out over the course of pre-seasons in the past couple of years to me)

The difference now, as I had expected is that the bottom end is pushing harder against the top end.
i.e. The gap isn't quite as distinct any more and the bottom-aged players are pushing much harder against the top tiered players.
Menzel, Graham, Holman, Cripps, DVR, Whiley, Buckley, Sheehan, Foster, Walsh etc seem to be miles ahead of where their more recent counterparts may have been.
I guess that seems to suggest that the group may be a lot more even but only time will show up whether that is the case or not.

This group of players do seem much more of a unit than I have encountered before................that's for sure.
Let's see what the next 8 weeks show up. I am highly optimistic.

Yes but they all look a million bucks during preseason and they're usually all flying as well. Means nothing until the real stuff starts

No BlueBelle That's not the case at all.
There's a lot to take out of a pre-season and the numbers do start stacking up but yes, the proof is in the pudding.

From my observations Jones has been terrific and that's to say that the club isn't making stuff up for a stories sake.
He's made many of our players look second rate and the energy levels have been through the roof.....so why should Mick say otherwise?
He's just calling things as they are but not pretending to be Nostradamus.........I applaud him for it.

B6Vyt0ZCMAAmF5O.jpg

Wow!!!! Looks as though Judd has really let himself go..........what to do? :eek:

No BlueBelle That's not the case at all.
There's a lot to take out of a pre-season and the numbers do start stacking up but yes, the proof is in the pudding.

From my observations Jones has been terrific and that's to say that the club isn't making stuff up for a stories sake.
He's made many of our players look second rate and the energy levels have been through the roof.....so why should Mick say otherwise?
He's just calling things as they are but not pretending to be Nostradamus.........I applaud him for it.

Thanks H for all your reports. So Jones is one. Out of the rest of the new players, who looks like at this stage, will be demanding to playing round 1?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back