Premier 2022 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

was it unduly rough play - or the end result was just dead set unlucky. Mind you the tribunals these days are massive on players duty of care to each other
Nothing in it really FS. You would see plenty of incidents like it, in just about every game you watch. He was unlucky about where it happened. He would never have been reported if it had happened elsewhere on the ground. You can have a look at the site below and make up your own mind. They were both very unlucky. The low fence and the close proximity of the boundary line to the outer fence were also contributing factors.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...spital/video/f551a027dff317daa3fc3ce7dfad2156

Last edited:

Nothing in it really FS. You would see plenty of incidents like it, in just about every game you watch. He was unlucky about where it happened. He would never have been reported if it had happened elsewhere on the ground. You can have a look at the site below and make up your own mind. They were both very unlucky. The low fence and the close proximity of the boundary line to the outer fence were also contributing factors.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...spital/video/f551a027dff317daa3fc3ce7dfad2156
Yea can’t say I agree cliff. That was really really poor form by Clarke. The momentum was taking Templeton that way and he gave him a good nudge which was always going to end in some sort of damage. Unfortunately nearly as bad as it gets with contributing factor the fence. But he showed poor duty of care.
Bottom line it wasn’t anywhere else on the ground. I hate it when blokes push others into the fence once ball is out of play.

I agree cliff . Was expecting alot worse when I viewed it . I will say when I have see Clarke play he can be very aggressive and a bully .not a fan of his . But to be fair I didn't think it was that bad

I agree cliff . Was expecting alot worse when I viewed it . I will say when I have see Clarke play he can be very aggressive and a bully .not a fan of his . But to be fair I didn't think it was that bad
Actually think it doesn't look as bad from the longer vision because the force of the bump isn't as obvious. But when the momentum of the player is already heading to the boundary line and therefore it requires only a half decent nudge to send him over it is really poor judgement from Clarke. Obviously he wasn't looking for this result but all the same that is what occurred.

Actually think it doesn't look as bad from the longer vision because the force of the bump isn't as obvious. But when the momentum of the player is already heading to the boundary line and therefore it requires only a half decent nudge to send him over it is really poor judgement from Clarke. Obviously he wasn't looking for this result but all the same that is what occurred.
I do agree with you FS that it was a really poor place in which to do what he did. It was very careless action but anywhere else on the ground wouldn't have meant anything. Two weeks is about right.

On other matters have you joined the Southport Sharks yet?

I do agree with you FS that it was a really poor place in which to do what he did. It was very careless action but anywhere else on the ground wouldn't have meant anything. Two weeks is about right.

Ask the question looking at that video why was a table with a drink container inside the fence which he tried to avoid.Surely coaching boxes should have a gap between box and fence where people can access and that table be on the other side of the fence.

Last edited:
Ask the question looking at that video why was a table with a drink container inside the fence which he tried to avoid.Surely coaching boxes should have a gap between box and fence where people can access and that table be on the other side of the fence.

Every time I go to local footy I see this crap. It’s just stupid. There’s been so many incidents over the years but it just always seems to happen. From tables to bloody massage tables to people in wheelchairs (best of intentions to give them a good view of course) there’s so often something or someone inside the fence.

Haha. Not likely Cliff. Bit far for me from the Sunshine Coast 😁
Their womens team knocked us out of finals though this year so wasn’t happy with them 😁

Haha. Not likely Cliff. Bit far for me from the Sunshine Coast 😁
Their womens team knocked us out of finals though this year so wasn’t happy with them 😁
Worth it FS. $12 for 3 years membership gets you a fuel card that gives you 4c a Litre off fuel at any United Petrol Station. Pays for itself in a couple of months. If you drive to Melbourne, it pays for itself on the way down.
Plus the club was funded by an East Burwood person, Wally Fankhauser.

Last edited:
Worth it FS. $12 for 3 years membership gets you a fuel card that gives you 4c a Litre off fuel at any United Petrol Station. Pays for itself in a couple of months. If you drive to Melbourne, it pays for itself on the way down.
Plus the club was funded by an East Burwood person, Wally Fankhauser.
I prefer my 7-11 app Cliff :) And I'm not interested in a behemoth footy club getting any of my hard earned. Maroochydore will do me. (BTW do United petrol stations exist... :) )

And I didn't know that about Wally being an EB person but I did know he bequeathed the club a fortune on death but more importantly they have turned it into a situation where they would be one of the most financial sporting clubs in Australia including AFL/NRL clubs. their balance sheet would be ridiculous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I didn't know that about Wally being an EB person but I did know he bequeathed the club a fortune on death but more importantly they have turned it into a situation where they would be one of the most financial sporting clubs in Australia including AFL/NRL clubs. their balance sheet would be ridiculous
Wally was married to Colin Tainton's sister. The money he gave to them was before he passed away. $2M while his wife was away on holidays. There are a couple of very funny stories about why he became a Southport Supporter. One is that he wanted to support another black and white club. The other is what I would like to believe. He visited a club with the idea of becoming a member. Wally unlike most Fankhauser's, liked a tipple and had a great time there, had a lot to drink and was a bit noisy. When he enquired about joining he was informed that the club already had enough pisspots. Next week he went to Southport.
They now have 55,000 members. Would have made more sense to have added them to the AFL rather than Gold Coast.
50 United Stations in South East Queensland. 500 in Aust. Generally the cheapest.

Last edited:
Wally was married to Colin Tainton's sister. The money he gave to them was before he passed away. $2M while his wife was away on holidays. There are a couple of very funny stories about why he became a Southport Supporter. One is that he wanted to support another black and white club. The other is what I would like to believe. He visited a club with the idea of becoming a member. Wally unlike most Fankhauser's, liked a tipple and had a great time there, had a lot to drink and was a bit noisy. When he enquired about joining he was informed that the club already had enough pisspots. Next week he went to Southport.
They now have 55,000 members. Would have made more sense to have added them to the AFL rather than Gold Coast.
50 United Stations in South East Queensland. 500 in Aust. Generally the cheapest.
Gee that was a sliding doors moment for club #1.

Who was the other club Cliff?

Most are franchises these days FS. There is also Astrons starting to appear down here all of a sudden (the original brand). There will be a strategy behind that, been meaning to ask why.

Who was the other club Cliff?

Most are franchises these days FS. There is also Astrons starting to appear down here all of a sudden (the original brand). There will be a strategy behind that, been meaning to ask why.
No idea Bob, this was a long time ago around 1968. About the time I was at my peak.
Here you are FS. United in Queensland.
uNITED IN qUEENSLAND.GIF

Rowville punched there ticket to the grand final in both seniors and reserves today. Not a bad effort considering most people had them in the relegation battle this year

Rowville will take some beating. Too fast too skilful. Unless whoever wins tomorrow upsets Noble in the preliminary. They are red hot

Remove this Banner Ad

Back