Premier 2022 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

My mail Vermont has been hit bad with injuries but full credit to North Ringwood.
Been common knowledge for weeks G.

That said there is still some very good players running out for them each week & their 2s continue to do well.

As per Bunk a club cannot afford to lose the players they have over the last few seasons. It was apparent to me early on but I follow the division a bit closer for obvious reasons.

They will top up & come again in 2023, enjoy it while it lasts.

A serious question as I was asked, when was the last time Vermont missed the finals?

To my surprise Vermont missed finals 2010 and 2011.One of those years Scoresby was on top so a lot has happened in 12 years.My understanding is Vermont have missed finals 3 times in over 30 years but unable to confirm.As for missing finals 2022 mathematically I think they can still make it but will need a lot of luck and doubt it.Be warned they will be back 2023,a great club over a long period of time.

A serious question as I was asked, when was the last time Vermont missed the finals?
2020 would be the most recent.;)
But before that 2011.
Another aspect to ponder is will Adam Parker be re appointed for next year?
While last season was wrecked half way through with Vermont sitting on top and even though Parker was a very successful and highly regarded player at Vermont, they have been pretty ruthless in the past in seeking success.
To my surprise Vermont missed finals 2010 and 2011.One of those years Scoresby was on top so a lot has happened in 12 years.My understanding is Vermont have missed finals 3 times in over 30 years but unable to confirm.As for missing finals 2022 mathematically I think they can still make it but will need a lot of luck and doubt it.Be warned they will be back 2023,a great club over a long period of time.
Interestingly Parker was at Scoresby at that time.

But before that 2011.
While last season was wrecked half way through with Vermont sitting on top and even though Parker was a very successful and highly regarded player at Vermont, they have been pretty ruthless in the past in seeking success.

I'd think unless an elite candidate was available or Parker wanted to step down, they'd stick with him. Not a lot the senior coach can do when the senior club has just shy of 20 players unavailable at times during the season.

While we are on the subject of Vermont there is something that has bothered me for a long time. In 1969 a young 17 year old, Robert Parks (he was a year behind me at school) kicked 7 goals in the EDFL Grand final for Vermont at Mitcham. His last kick with 20 seconds to go, scored a point. That point resulted in Vermont winning their first ever EDFL Premiership over Blackburn by 1 point after trailing all day. In 1971 he played in their second premiership. In 1978 he headed the EDFL goal kicking with 75 goals. In 1994 and 95 he coached the Vermont U19's to flags. In 1997 he coached the Vermont 2's to a flag. Pretty good achievements for anyone! So my question to all the Vermont supporters is, why isn't he a life member?
His mum is!

While we are on the subject of Vermont there is something that has bothered me for a long time. In 1969 a young 17 year old, Robert Parks (he was a year behind me at school) kicked 7 goals in the EDFL Grand final for Vermont at Mitcham. His last kick with 20 seconds to go, scored a point. That point resulted in Vermont winning their first ever EDFL Premiership over Blackburn by 1 point after trailing all day. In 1971 he played in their second premiership. In 1978 he headed the EDFL goal kicking with 75 goals. In 1994 and 95 he coached the Vermont U19's to flags. In 1997 he coached the Vermont 2's to a flag. Pretty good achievements for anyone! So my question to all the Vermont supporters is, why isn't he a life member?
His mum is!
Rosa.

Sorry an American reference joke.

But before that 2011.

Hi all . Been a while ....A little story for that year 2011 . Vermont played sth at cheong in the last round that year . Vermont needed to win to play finals . Cheong was an absolute mud heap . Vermont asked sth to change the game to back to vermont with sth to take the bar and canteen takings . Sth said no thanks this is our shithole 😃We won by 5 points to keep them out the finals for the first time in decades I think. Was a big night 😂

Don't worry . They will be back boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all . Been a while ....A little story for that year 2011 . Vermont played sth at cheong in the last round that year . Vermont needed to win to play finals . Cheong was an absolute mud heap . Vermont asked sth to change the game to back to vermont with sth to take the bar and canteen takings . Sth said no thanks this is our shithole 😃We won by 5 points to keep them out the finals for the first time in decades I think. Was a big night 😂

Don't worry . They will be back boys.
Remember that game & was very pleased with the result & the lead up to it. 😜

Great to hear from you old mate, good luck to the boys & Buzz come finals time.

Not a great incident at Balwyn / E Donny game? Sounds like templeton bloody lucky not to be worse off - 2min unconscious??
Will be interesting to see the result of the report. I did hear it was more an accident than anything, negligent?

Great to hear Eli is on the mend could have been far worse.

Herald Sun says a fractured skull, but all things considered he is doing okay.

Apparently he went over the fence and hit his head on rocks near the coaches box.

Watched some footage of the game (not the incident, it's not there) and can't see where there's any rocks. Both coaches boxes seem to be surrounded by concrete as most are.

Apparently he went over the fence and hit his head on rocks near the coaches box.

Watched some footage of the game (not the incident, it's not there) and can't see where there's any rocks. Both coaches boxes seem to be surrounded by concrete as most are.
I thought it said the concrete path

From the EFNL News.

The Eastern Football Netball League and its members wish Eli Templeton all the best with his recovery, after he sustained a head injury in the early stages of the third quarter in Saturday’s Balwyn v Doncaster East Premier Division match.

The EFNL welcomes the news that Eli was alert on Saturday evening and is expected to make a full recovery.

The EFNL would also like to praise the work of club trainers, physios, and other medical staff, who cared for Eli before paramedics arrived on the scene.

We look forward to seeing Eli back to full health in the near future.

Is the boundary line unusually close to the fence or the fence unusually low?

The fence looks low. Around waist height or even a bit lower when looking at the spectators... most ground fences are higher by at least a few inches.

The footage is doing the rounds. He's pushed toward the coaches box / fence by Clarke, but it doesn't looks terribly forceful. It kind of looks like he jumps and turn to avoid the box, and ends up basically facing back toward the field. From there he goes backwards over the fence and I assume lands with the back of his head on the concrete. Nasty.

If anything I would say the fence is too low and needs to be higher to be effective.

I can put the footage up here but really it might be best not to, I'm guessing the league removed it from the website for a reason.

Footage now posted online at Heraldsun

Dunno how they can say that the Doncaster East bloke is in further trouble (he got 2 weeks) looking at the vision, unfortunate accident surely

That fence height is ridiculous

Remove this Banner Ad

Back