Premier B - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done you. Your dad must have some insight into how it all works then. ;)

He passed away in 2012.

Stop being so condescending and treating me like a d*ckhead.

Winks and smile emoticons don't magically turn arrogance into humorous by-play.

I'm over this.

I would think it would be a proud day for all involved at St Bedes with their triple premiership coach now an AFL head coach.

I'd say a few more around Mentone would be taking more of an interest in the Bulldogs from now on. Good appointment

My ladder at the end of the h & a season:

1.Old Melburnians
2.St Kevins
3.St Bedes Mentone Tigers
4.Old Brighton

5.Hampton Rovers
6.AJAX
7.Mazenod
8.Caulfield Grammarians
9.Fitzroy
10.Parkdale Vultures

Think Parkdale may surprise and be quite competitive Jase! Hampton clearly had their measure but were only 11 points up in the last quarter. Won by four goals. Half of Parkdale's side was 21 or under in the GF side including two 17 year olds. No retirements or anyone leaving they should only get stronger? plus a few back who were injured in September. Won the reserves GF and their under 19's were finalist in section2 in 2014. Club is better shape than last crack at B grade when everyone was over 32 years of age. Should be a good comp.

Think Parkdale may surprise and be quite competitive Jase! Hampton clearly had their measure but were only 11 points up in the last quarter. Won by four goals. Half of Parkdale's side was 21 or under in the GF side including two 17 year olds. No retirements or anyone leaving they should only get stronger? plus a few back who were injured in September. Won the reserves GF and their under 19's were finalist in section2 in 2014. Club is better shape than last crack at B grade when everyone was over 32 years of age. Should be a good comp.
Does the term Thrift Park have any deeper significance GG.

Ok get. Think Beamers got he body that may start to slow. What will he be next year? 31, 32?
But by all reports a great bloke.

Are you kidding Canada??? Just an 'OK get'. If he was going to your team you would be doing backflips.

2011 second most clearances in the AFL, enough said.

Luke Ball not playing at Old Xavs or anywhere else, disappointing for the VAFA.

Not to mention Old Xavs................

2011 is a while back. I have seen many ex AFL's that join post 30 to the Ammos and they are nothing like they used to be. Old Camberwell used to live on it.
Ok get IMO. Lets see if he proves me wrong next year in output.

2011 is a while back. I have seen many ex AFL's that join post 30 to the Ammos and they are nothing like they used to be. Old Camberwell used to live on it.
Ok get IMO. Lets see if he proves me wrong next year in output.
I don't know. I can also see a few post 30 who had instant impact and I think Beamer would be a monster in the Ammos. I also think, whilst there were a few busts at Old Camberwell, there were more booms; Hilton, Loats, Tallis, and the incoming coach all had fairly significant impacts. Yze and Holland at Old Carey had big impacts even though only playing a season; Heath Black at Mazenod was dominant. I'm sure I could come up with some more who were good over 30 recruits.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt Robbins was a big part of Ormond in 08 helping to win a flag. Brett Voss was very good at OH, as well as Brown and Loewe
Don't know how I forgot the Haileybury group. They would probably match if not exceed the output of the Old Camberwell group who pulled Old Camberwell ,temporarily at least, from D to B. SKOBs have had a few too, but think? they joined before they reached 30.

Don't know how I forgot the Haileybury group. They would probably match if not exceed the output of the Old Camberwell group who pulled Old Camberwell ,temporarily at least, from D to B. SKOBs have had a few too, but think? they joined before they reached 30.
Rob Harvey was running around a bit during that period too.

Certainly an absolutely ripping makeup this year for local rivalries.

Rovers vs SBMT was huge 10-15 years ago, as big as SBMT vs Beaumaris in some respects, it will be good to see it again.

Parkdale vs SBMT is one of the biggest local rivalries in the VAFA and should see huge crowds for both installments, there's only been maybe 6 games between the two since Parkdales reformation due to their different standings, all with 1000+ crowds.

Ajax vs SBMT obviously stems from the 1 point C grade win when SBMT started their run, but there was bad blood at the time, and there still remains remnants from both sides.

Certainly an absolutely ripping makeup this year for local rivalries.

Rovers vs SBMT was huge 10-15 years ago, as big as SBMT vs Beaumaris in some respects, it will be good to see it again.

Parkdale vs SBMT is one of the biggest local rivalries in the VAFA and should see huge crowds for both installments, there's only been maybe 6 games between the two since Parkdales reformation due to their different standings, all with 1000+ crowds.

Ajax vs SBMT obviously stems from the 1 point C grade win when SBMT started their run, but there was bad blood at the time, and there still remains remnants from both sides.
I reckon Premier B in 2015 could be the most competitive in all the sections combined. The VAFA could do a lot worse than to have a 'Rivalry Round' for next season, maybe have it on Round 5-6.

Going to be a big game at Boss James Reserve on ANZAC Day next season, to mark the 100th anniversary of the landings at Gallipoli by the ANZACs.

Going to be a big game at Boss James Reserve on ANZAC Day next season, to mark the 100th anniversary of the landings at Gallipoli by the ANZACs.
Think you were keen on a Rovers v St Bedes encounter Jase. Not a bad outcome though.
v74e2f.jpg

Boring thread thus far. Let's look at 2015 so far:
St Bedes - no real ins at this stage will be competitive.
Old Brighton - a couple back from overseas and will be ok. Maybe an ageing list.
SKOB - very quiet ATM. Lots of young talent, if they can land one or two will be right in it.
Mazenod - a couple of handy recruits already but will struggle due to lack of depth
Ajax - a number of players going o/S or retiring could be a long year
Caulfield - without a great number of recruits will struggle. Osborne average bloke and even more average coach. Bad appointment and will be favourites for relegation.
Fitzroy - hearing best player Bizzetto leaving as such may struggle. He is a real key.
Hampton - no depth but real quality will be pushing finals.
Old Melbourne- lack depth, under 19s horrible, everyone rates them I'm going the other way may struggle.
Parkdale - Very Young and will struggle
Thoughts welcome.

Way, way too early to speculate on lists.

That said, much of the stuff you've written is wide of the mark, even at this early stage. Rovers have no depth for example. Could have sworn they won the U19s GF by a margin. Have a very strong junior development program. Plus an alignment with Sandringham.

Interesting to see the much travelled Matty Robbins returning to Boss James. Hey bedford.

Noticed in the Herald Sun that the VAFA is considering pulling out of the AFL Vic Metro Championships due to the fact that clubs from the EFL are using it to recruit VAFA rep players to their league.

Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back