Premier B - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Would the AAFC have suspended or expel SA from the Council around the late 1970s-early 1980s if they had known about the under-the-table payments the SAAFL clubs were doing?
Seriously men who gives a @&$! Can we move onto talking about what the this thread is for. Prem B Season 2015. Heard the boys from Mazenod have recruited a couple of handy types including J Muling. Won a Development League Comp B & F at Port Melbourne and has played a few senior games there. Will need to recruit some to cover loss of Kelly and Patti to injury.

Which teams do you think will play off for the Premier B title next season? In my book, that would be Old Melburnians v St Kevins, with OMs coming out on top at Visy Park in Carlton.

Heard of any recruits across B Jase? You seem to have your finger in the pulse.
I have heard St Bedes have had a heap of new and returning players, will start short priced favourites.

Last edited:
If the VAFA don't play the 2015 Premier B Grand Final at a venue other than Sportscover Arena, then they have a massive problem.

Sportscover Arena, in my book, is well past it's use-by date. They had the opportunity back in 2006 to move their games (not the administration) away from EP...and failed.

The reason being according to the VAFA in its annual report, was 'it had enough plusess to warrant its retention.'

Move the grand final next season to Visy Park or TBO. Problem solved.

If the VAFA don't play the 2015 Premier B Grand Final at a venue other than Sportscover Arena, then they have a massive problem.

Sportscover Arena, in my book, is well past it's use-by date. They had the opportunity back in 2006 to move their games (not the administration) away from EP...and failed.

The reason being according to the VAFA in its annual report, was 'it had enough plusess to warrant its retention.'

Move the grand final next season to Visy Park or TBO. Problem solved.
What I meant by massive problem is, what happens if one of the change rooms leak with water again, as was the case in the Premier GF earlier this year? What happens if the electronic scoreboard stops working during a Premier finals game?

What I meant by massive problem is, what happens if one of the change rooms leak with water again, as was the case in the Premier GF earlier this year? What happens if the electronic scoreboard stops working during a Premier finals game?

The worst thing about Hampton making Prem B is now we have to put up with Jascaves rubbish on this thread. Talk footy man and forget bagging the VAFA admin.
Hey BS, who has returned to St Bedes. Name names my boy, just a throw away line otherwise.
I'll stir you buggers up with a predicted 2015 ladder.
Top Four in no order
St Bedes - should have enough to make the four.
SKOB - hearing that they will improve from their 2014 efforts
Old Brighton - a few returning, good home ground advantage always solid in Prem B
Old M's - will need their best to stay on the park but good enough to play finals

Next two in order
Hampton - best of the rest but I suspect there is going to be a gap in the comp next year.
Mazenod - recruiting well but still will lack depth. Last six in their weekly 22 weak.

Bottom Four no order
Parkdale - suspect will be competitive but young guys will take time. May stay up.
Ajax - losing a few I think and will struggle.
Caulfield - confidence within but I don't see the improvement unless they recruit well.
Fitzroy - some older heads yet to commit for 2015 and a question mark over their best player. Twos lack depth.
Give me something Jascave!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst thing about Hampton making Prem B is now we have to put up with Jascaves rubbish on this thread. Talk footy man and forget bagging the VAFA admin.
Hey BS, who has returned to St Bedes. Name names my boy, just a throw away line otherwise.
I'll stir you buggers up with a predicted 2015 ladder.
Top Four in no order
St Bedes - should have enough to make the four.
SKOB - hearing that they will improve from their 2014 efforts
Old Brighton - a few returning, good home ground advantage always solid in Prem B
Old M's - will need their best to stay on the park but good enough to play finals

Next two in order
Hampton - best of the rest but I suspect there is going to be a gap in the comp next year.
Mazenod - recruiting well but still will lack depth. Last six in their weekly 22 weak.

Bottom Four no order
Parkdale - suspect will be competitive but young guys will take time. May stay up.
Ajax - losing a few I think and will struggle.
Caulfield - confidence within but I don't see the improvement unless they recruit well.
Fitzroy - some older heads yet to commit for 2015 and a question mark over their best player. Twos lack depth.
Give me something Jascave!!!!
My top 4:
Old Melburnians (premiers)
SKOB (runners up)
Old Brighton
St Bedes Mentone Tigers

My top 4:
Old Melburnians (premiers)
SKOB (runners up)
Old Brighton
St Bedes Mentone Tigers
Had a chat with a few of the boys at the cricket today. OM training up a notch and a few handy new recruits.Should be able to stay a top 4 contender.

Believe the Nodders have secured two brothers who played ones footy for Berwick last year. Want to play with their Cousin who is also returning. More than handy pick-ups for the Nodders.

Are you referring to Jordan and Madison Andrews?

Mazenod looking the goods. Recruited very well but as said before the loss of Patti and Kelly is gonna hurt.

Picked up Jared Dalton from Vermont, another one from Vermont who I can't remember his name, Tom Waurby (real good player), plus these guys mentioned above. Good off season by the boys from Glen Waverley.

The only other thing I'm hearing is that Josh Cowan may be on the way out to the VFL - massive loss if this happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back