Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

From the 2 match Sims, he isn't gonna make the cut

A bit like delean in that he was out of position, dropped a couple of chest marks unfortunately

Has a decent kick but just doesn't get the ball enough, needs time at the WAFL to get a chance, still very small compared to his brother
Max Beattie or Patrick Voss??

Max Beattie or Patrick Voss??
I think we take Voss, seems to be performing the best but does have some flaws, perfect to play at Peel in place of Kuek and Corbett though

Beattie may get a gig too but its not over Voss, it would be with him, especially if Mckenzie is injured like reported, I do think Beattie is a bit vanilla though, not sure he has all the AFL attributes, we may save this spot for the MSD

Great to see photos of Sam Sturt taking part in training drill today.
Yet again, he is treading on thin ice I think.I am a fan, but due to injury and illness, he has taken a long time to get his body right.

Am a bit of a Sturt sceptic - sorry to say. But loved the photo of him kicking in today’s gallery. Don’t think I’ve ever seen such perfect symmetry and balance on completion of the kicking action.
the sam sturt fan club forgives your transgressions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got a mini report summary (nothing too exclusive) and a crapload of videos I ended up recording. I think I was influenced by someone's broadcast request :p

Was uploading to Youtube but need to wait for verification to get them all up so will hopefully post this stuff tomorrow instead.

There was some sort of mini-match which I captured all of, so yeah, hopefully tomorrow. :p

I've got a mini report summary (nothing too exclusive) and a crapload of videos I ended up recording. I think I was influenced by someone's broadcast request :p

Was uploading to Youtube but need to wait for verification to get them all up so will hopefully post this stuff tomorrow instead.

There was some sort of mini-match which I captured all of, so yeah, hopefully tomorrow. :p
Sounds amazing!

Any news on Jye?

2214fe6f-9cd0-4e5a-bb56-7cfe617bb15e_text.gif

It's interesting that we haven't seen a lot of these heatstroke deaths in Aussie Rules despite preseasons universally being in the hottest part of the year. Major issue in American Football, presumably because they tend to be a heavier bodied athlete (downright fat in many cases) and wear heavy padding as well. Perhaps the thinner Aussie Rules shape and their generally high level of aerobic fitness is protective.

Sturt finally looks like an AFL footballer. Has filled out noticeably I reckon.
Deadset, Jaeger O'Meara just doesn't have a Freo vibe to me. Looks like he should be wearing a suit and running with the Rat Pack.

Deadset, Jaeger O'Meara just doesn't have a Freo vibe to me. Looks like he should be wearing a suit and running with the Rat Pack.
JOM was doing some midfield drills with the other mainstays so I'd expect to see him sharing between there and fwd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back