General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

When are tickets for the Collingwood game likely to go on sale? I'd love to get a ticket so don't want to miss out!

Not until the fixture for Round 23 is actually released. At the earliest.

So hopefully in the next week or so,they seem to be leaving it as late as possible.

I keep seeing people write 'TRB' in their posts, I think referring to Hird? but I'm not sure. What does it stand for?

Hi guys, having an issue with a bomber mate and i couldn't answer her question so i thought id ask here.

She is attending the Tigers v Bombers match in two weeks, with her friends. She has a bomber home and away membership and they are all Richmond members. The Richmond girls were going to arrive early and just scan in and find some seats, and she was going to join them a bit later. She can just scan her membership and go sit with them right?

Didn't want to give her wrong info, and i wasn't entirely sure myself.

Hi guys, having an issue with a bomber mate and i couldn't answer her question so i thought id ask here.

She is attending the Tigers v Bombers match in two weeks, with her friends. She has a bomber home and away membership and they are all Richmond members. The Richmond girls were going to arrive early and just scan in and find some seats, and she was going to join them a bit later. She can just scan her membership and go sit with them right?

Didn't want to give her wrong info, and i wasn't entirely sure myself.
Yes, as long as they're sitting in general admission it should be fine.

Its great to say Zaharakis back in the team this weekend, it is about bloody time. I cant wait to see him line up against the Blues on the weekend. GO THE BOMBERS!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Continuing the Grand Final documentaries they did last year (for 1971, 81, 91, 2001), this year they're releasing four more, including the 1984 Premiership.

As somebody that, to be honest, doesn't normally care much for going over past players/eras, I'm really excited about this.

Great documentaries, and it should provide a great insight into what life was like back then for Essendon and its supporters.

What date is the National Draft set down for this year - I can't find listed on afl.com.au or when I googled it.

What date is the National Draft set down for this year - I can't find listed on afl.com.au or when I googled it.

It's usually the last thursday in November - Think 22nd November.

September 27 – The Great Grand Final Comedy Debate, Crown Palladium

October 1 – Commencement of Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestrictied Free Agency period.

October 3, 7pm – Club Best and Fairest, Crichton Medal at Crown Palladium

October 5, 2pm – Nomination of Father-Son Eligble Players.

October 8, 10am – Father Son Eligble Players and Academy Players Bid Meeting.

October 8 – Commencement of AFL Trade Period

October 19, 5pm – Close of Restricted Free Agency Offer and Unrestricted Free Agency Period.

October 26, 2pm – End of AFL Trade Period.

November 22 – NAB AFL Draft, Gold Coast Convention Centre.

December 11, 11am – NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft.

December 11, 11.10am – NAB AFL Rookie Draft.

I guess this goes here...
Found an interesting picture from August last year:
81172366.jpg

Who would've thought they'd be on the same AFL team 3 months later.

Hey folks.

Planned a trip to melbourne for these october holidays, and the wife (who isnt a football fan at all) said "why not make it when the grand final is on"

We aren't going over for it per se, but since we are over there, would love to be able to go. Whats the best way of securing tickets? Am i best off just finding members of teams that make it, or are there other avenues? Flights and accom are already ooked, so a package isnt really an option.

Cheers.

564534_10151150706524356_957011465_n.jpg

Just saw on Essendon Facebook.

A few of the boys went to their first baseball game in San Diego to watch the Padres play the Colarado Rockies at Petco Park.

A stray foul ball ended up in the stands, and in the hands of some very happy holidaying Bomber players.

Good to see the boys enjoying their break before a big 2013 pre-season!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back