Preview R17: Changes v St.Kilda: ANB, JKH out; Grimes, Michie in

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Toump was the consensus pick. The Wines talk came around before the Hogan trade...and the suspicion that the unwritten part was that GWS let Toump through to 4.

These people are simply doing 'work for the dole - journalism' to keep their Newstart allowance coming in, surely?

Knightmare's job network agency really screwed him sending him to big footy didnt they?

They all need to work harder for my tax dollars, cut em off Abbott.
"Live" look at 2012 Dees drafting table:
kRtBhJC.gif

As much as I hate Barrett and his stupid 'Sliding Doors' article each week, he is spot on this week that we have to win. I have said I'll wait till seasons end to judge if we improved, but a lot rests on tomorrows result.

Yeah Toump was the consensus pick. The Wines talk came around before the Hogan trade...and the suspicion that the unwritten part was that GWS let Toump through to 4.

I thought the consensus was they werent gonna bid on Viney which would allow us to use pick 4 at the draft

Also those phantom drafts are predicting where the players would go, and we were heavily into the toump who I remember had 'slid'

I was of the strong opinion that considering where our club was at we need the Viney/Wines combo, no bullshit pair who would play good footy reguardless of whos around them

I thought the consensus was they werent gonna bid on Viney which would allow us to use pick 4 at the draft

Also those phantom drafts are predicting where the players would go, and we were heavily into the toump who I remember had 'slid'

I was of the strong opinion that considering where our club was at we need the Viney/Wines combo, no bullshit pair who would play good footy reguardless of whos around them
Yep, I remember posting that Toumpas looked too wimpy and that we needed Wines as a bullocking pack breaker. Was so disappointed on draft night. When Wines and Toumpas were standing next to each other and it was like Harry Potter standing next to Hulk Hogan, the feeling worsened. That decision typifies the era of Neeld - we did nothing well in that period.

I'll admit I was happy with Toumpas - I would have been happier with Wines, I remember telling my mate a couple of weeks out that we were 'certainties' to draft a Melbourne supporting beast who averaged something like 130 SC points in the U18's..... who was also best mates with Viney (he liked the sound of that).

To be fair to Toump he'll be a good player for us in a couple of years but we could've used a gun from day 1, no doubt.

I can remember seeing a poll on the mfc facebook site asking who would the fans like to see us take with pick four. And although the facebook site does have its fair share of fans with questionable intelligence, a whopping 76% thought we should pick wines

I'll admit I was happy with Toumpas - I would have been happier with Wines, I remember telling my mate a couple of weeks out that we were 'certainties' to draft a Melbourne supporting beast who averaged something like 130 SC points in the U18's..... who was also best mates with Viney (he liked the sound of that).

To be fair to Toump he'll be a good player for us in a couple of years but we could've used a gun from day 1, no doubt.

I just think reguardless of the other blokes who went around the toump or how good he is gonna be we really needed someone like Wines at our club

Anyway back on topic, im not a huge fan of Michie but I hope he doesnt get stuck as sub again, Its not fair to play as the sub and then be expected to impact especially as an inside mid because your coming in cold to a game thats potentially on the line

Maybe Stretch as the sub? I cant see who else there should play that role
If he wasnt so valuable Garlett would make an awesome sub, come on and break open the game

I can remember seeing a poll on the mfc facebook site asking who would the fans like to see us take with pick four. And although the facebook site does have its fair share of fans with questionable intelligence, a whopping 76% thought we should pick wines
The talk that year was Whitfield-Toumpas-O'Rourke as consensus. Wines came into the conversation but the feel was more 'do Melbourne roll the dice on Jack Viney's best mate or do they go for the surefire outside star in Toumpas'

I just think reguardless of the other blokes who went around the toump or how good he is gonna be we really needed someone like Wines at our club

Anyway back on topic, im not a huge fan of Michie but I hope he doesnt get stuck as sub again, Its not fair to play as the sub and then be expected to impact especially as an inside mid because your coming in cold to a game thats potentially on the line

If he wasnt so valuable Garlett would make an awesome sub, come on and break open the game

Yeah Stretch for the sub I think - it will be him or Harmes but I'd rather him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plus side, now we've got 2 Wines types in Brayshaw and Petracca(god willing..) :thumbsu:

The talk that year was Whitfield-Toumpas-O'Rourke as consensus. Wines came into the conversation but the feel was more 'do Melbourne roll the dice on Jack Viney's best mate or do they go for the surefire outside star in Toumpas'
O'Rouke was not consensus, many people probably most had Wines, Macrae and Stringer ahead of him, he was a big surprise at pick 2. He possibly could slipped out of the top 10 if GWS didn't take him at pick 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back