Review R21: Dees v Big Jack's Hacks - the Good, the Bad & the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is the forward coach? Needs a swift kick in the arse and probably a termination letter. We look more dysfunctional than any side in the comp.
It's not just the forward line though, it's everehere, kicking out of defence no on is moving, the player with the ball is never looking up the feild for a free player (because they know there isn't going to be one) and then we handball and over use it, the players are always looking to handball first in every situation, I think it was Viney in the back pocket hand balled to someone who got tackled, holding the ball and Tom Bell gets a shot on goal, had heaps of time to get a kick away.

no run and spread, another where no player wants to run into space, this happens every week.
So s**t, what the * is so hard to understand about that in football you have to run. A lot. Hard. For the whole ******* game!!! And importantly, when your mate takes possession, into that massive open space to your left/right/up ahead?!?!?

Sorry about the intrusion guys but I think you guys are going to be a very good team over the next few years. Once your kids start getting more consistent it will change, I wouldn't be surprised if you finish in the top 8, you have a gun forward in Hogan and a very good midfield. I hope Hogan and Cripps win the rising star they both deserve it, good luck guys.

Your words are very kind but I think the fact we have a couple of likely types - Brayshaw and Hogan - glosses over the fact the majority of our list is a shambles, and collectively we're mentally and physically fragile. I can see us being bottom four again next year.

Great win today.

It's not just the forward line though, it's everehere, kicking out of defence no on is moving, the player with the ball is never looking up the feild for a free player (because they know there isn't going to be one) and then we handball and over use it, the players are always looking to handball first in every situation, I think it was Viney in the back pocket hand balled to someone who got tackled, holding the ball and Tom Bell gets a shot on goal, had heaps of time to get a kick away.

True, we're a terrible, stagnant side most of the time, but the forwards should always be leading up and providing options. There's also no semblance of teamwork, we don't lead well, isolate players to create one on ones or crumb well, so its hard to say what exactly the forward coach is doing to earn his coin.

Your words are very kind but I think the fact we have a couple of likely types - Brayshaw and Hogan - glosses over the fact the majority of our list is a shambles, and collectively we're mentally and physically fragile. I can see us being bottom four again next year.

Great win today.

Well not as much as a shambles as us you guys are way ahead of us we have Cripps, Menzel and a few others. Yarran, Henderson, Bell are leaving we are stuffed to be honest.

So s**t, what the **** is so hard to understand about that in football you have to run. A lot. Hard. For the whole ******* game!!! And importantly, when your mate takes possession, into that massive open space to your left/right/up ahead?!?!?
This is spot on but the best running sides run to the right spots and actually know what they're doing. I just get the feeling our lack of run isn't just a simple case of not putting in (although it's a factor).

It's a collective mindset based on gameplan and awareness. But yeah, we're damn slow and it kills us.

what the **** is so hard to understand about that in football you have to run. A lot. Hard. For the whole ******* game!!! And importantly, when your mate takes possession, into that massive open space to your left/right/up ahead?!?!?
Hard to figure out how the couldn't understand that after reviewing last weeks game. Bulldogs tore us apart with their running. Players & coaches surely would have taken that on board :cry:

Losing to Carlton and Essendon is so frustrating. They are such s**t teams.

You'd think that professional athletes would look at a team weaker than them and start licking their licks at the prospect of getting a victory. When Melbourne are favourites they just get scared.

I don't understand how coaches can take over a team and seemingly fix them in one preseason, we've had 18 months with the highest paid coach in the league and we still can't win games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to figure out how the couldn't understand that after reviewing last weeks game. Bulldogs tore us apart with their running. Players & coaches surely would have taken that on board :cry:
Feel like the players are protected. Roos is really good at deflecting from the media, and it seems like he gives them extra days off and changes the routine after we lose rather than actually telling them straight how pathetic they are.

The question though is why?

We are a very poorly drilled team at the basics and there is only one place to address that and it's at training.

I think we do it - but I think when we get the 'favorite' tag it completely disappears.

Good

Being able to walk away from the TV and have a beer at home instead of having to head back to Richmond station 10 minutes into the 1st quarter.

Bad

The fact our players don't even care

Fugly

Daniel Cross

Neeld could have gotten to 6 wins with another two years. Waste of three million bucks, could have just given the members a hundred each instead.

Except for the fact that the players despised him and would lose at all costs for him, but yeah...point taken.

What I hate is how ******* pathetic we are without the ball most weeks.

Look at our wins this year. Every game we were on from the first bounce defensively, our pressure was good and even though our skills are still meh our pressure was good enough to force errors the other way. Then you look at our losses. We are so ******* lazy. We don't run anywhere near as hard as other teams (I think its a mentality, not a fitness issue).

I think mediocrity is still unfortunately accepted at Melbourne. We celebrate every win like we've won the ******* GF, the only win this year I'd excuse those celebrations was Geelong, because that was about burying 186.

What I hate is how ******* pathetic we are without the ball most weeks.

Look at our wins this year. Every game we were on from the first bounce defensively, our pressure was good and even though our skills are still meh our pressure was good enough to force errors the other way. Then you look at our losses. We are so ******* lazy. We don't run anywhere near as hard as other teams (I think its a mentality, not a fitness issue).

I think mediocrity is still unfortunately accepted at Melbourne. We celebrate every win like we've won the ******* GF, the only win this year I'd excuse those celebrations was Geelong, because that was about burying 186.

This.

It shits me to tears, it really does. They can do it. They've proven they can do it. Yet some weeks we either a) aren't switched on, b) don't bother putting in, or c) are that mentally franked that we are incapable of doing it.

The amount of times in the first half today when there were just free Blues everywhere was staggering. It was the same last week against the bullies.

Daniel McPherson
th-daniel-20macpherson_20111103152431502393.jpg

Didn't melt anywhere near as much as I thought I would. Probably knew it was coming. Roll on next week and the Freopocalypse

Fugly:
Dad apologising to me for persuading me to go for the Dees as a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back