Preview R3: Changes V. Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else, with no Viney we are left with Cross to go to Dangerfield and be blitzed.
Or Brayshaw but it would be a huge ask. Maybe Cross, Jones and Brayshaw will tag team him. And then Sloane gets 36 possessions. I'd like to see Vandenberg get a crack too. No doubt he will at some stage tomorrow. Let's see what he's got.

It's going to be wet. We won't need talls.

In fact I'd go for one step further and say Bail or M Jones probably wouldn't stand out as much in the conditions as long as they attack the football.

Goals at a premium though so if Howe can kick straight play him forward.

He's got more credits in the bank than anyone in the AFL. I just reckon there's a good chance he will go to Dangerfield. Who else is there? I reckon McKenzie would have been discussed for a while.

I know it's a bit of a left field suggestion, but I'm all for not using our best midfielder as a tagger.

People are being rough on Cross. He hasn't started that well, but he deserves a chance to prove himself on Danger if we want to tag him. He's the best trainer in the league, and he's only 32.

I know it's a bit of a left field suggestion, but I'm all for not using our best midfielder as a tagger.
I don't mind Jones playing a tagger role, what he did on Mark Murphy last year was brilliant. Not only did he take him out of the game but he still racked up 28 possies. If he runs with Dangerfield then he's not just tagging, Danger will be in the right spots for Jones to beat him to the ball.

and then Cross on Sloane.

It's going to be wet. We won't need talls.

In fact I'd go for one step further and say Bail or M Jones probably wouldn't stand out as much in the conditions as long as they attack the football.

Goals at a premium though so if Howe can kick straight play him forward.
No, it's not. There is a chance of a late shower now. I'm here for the game and there has been light drizzle today, not enough to be considered wet though

No, it's not. There is a chance of a late shower now. I'm here for the game and there has been light drizzle today, not enough to be considered wet though
Very high chance for afternoon showers before clearing later in the evening - is the report I'm looking at.

But it's not just that, the consistent drizzle will start around midday which means slippery ball and surface.

I wouldn't play howe down back this week, wet conditions don't make it great for intercept marking at least forward we have the crumbers. i'd rather have frost down back in exchange to put some pressure on the Adelaide forward and again help create some run from defence, because run and carry is going to be important.

I've got it.

Dawes to Dangerfield!

The Machiavellian approach would be to have Dawes run through Dangerfield at the first center bounce.

Dangerfield gets injured and red vested.

Dawes gets suspended for many, many weeks.

Win win.

The Machiavellian approach would be to have Dawes run through Dangerfield at the first center bounce.

Win win.
Then chooses to sign with us so he never has to face that again.

Win win win.

I wouldn't play howe down back this week, wet conditions don't make it great for intercept marking at least forward we have the crumbers. i'd rather have frost down back in exchange to put some pressure on the Adelaide forward and again help create some run from defence, because run and carry is going to be important.
Howe in round 1 had plenty of run and carry. It's a big part of his game and unlike Frost he can kick. He's not just at half back to take big intercept marks. I can't believe people seem to know so much about Howe's poor game last week but couldn't remember his round 1 game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howe in round 1 had plenty of run and carry. It's a big part of his game and unlike Frost he can kick. He's not just at half back to take big intercept marks. I can't believe people seem to know so much about Howe's poor game last week but couldn't remember his round 1 game.
Great call finally someone has some bloody perspective

Frost, Dawes, Dunn, Watts, Hogan, McDonald, Jamar, Garland and McDonald all playing really does remind me of early 2012. Hopefully Roos figures it out soon.

He only needs to look back to round one to figure out that we need more midfield options.
I really would consider dropping Frost or Dawes and putting Dunn in the ruck as resting.

Never drew on his bad game. You make some fair points there

Chris Dawes - The List of Frustrations
  1. Running under the flight of the ball regularly
  2. Spilling the mark the few times he doesn't run under the flight of the ball
  3. Missing gettable set shots at goal on the incredibly rare occasions where he does mark
  4. $500k per year
  5. Doesn't want to provide a chop out in the ruck, meaning we need another tall in the side
Chris Dawes - The Redeeming Qualities
  1. Tries
  2. Gives great press conference

Bit harsh, but did laugh.

Frost, Dawes, Dunn, Watts, Hogan, McDonald, Jamar, Garland and McDonald all playing really does remind me of early 2012. Hopefully Roos figures it out soon.

I'm seeing double here, four McDonalds!

Win win.
I'm confident that the word Machiavellian has only ever been used on the Melbourne Big Footy board :) That's the teams problem too, many of them are too smart to be footballers: Dawes, Gawn, Watts, Garland could all be university tutors! I can imagine them hanging out at Teadings on Acland Street. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

I'm confident that the word Machiavellian has only ever been used on the Melbourne Big Footy board :) That's the teams problem too, many of them are too smart to be footballers: Dawes, Gawn, Watts, Garland could all be university tutors! I can imagine them hanging out at Teadings on Acland Street. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Great point. We should focus on drafting chimney sweeps and coal miners in the coming years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back