Cancelled
Jun 11, 2008
MORPHETT VALE
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC MAGPIES - NRL DRAGONS
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-11-17/raikiwasa-leaves-port-adelaide

ASERI Raikiwasa has told Port Adelaide he will pursue a new opportunity in League football away from Alberton in 2015. Raikiwasa, 21, was the first player to join Port Adelaide’s contracted player pool at the end of 2013 when the club integrated its AFL and SANFL football operations.

Along with Sam Gray, who was eventually AFL-listed by the club during the last AFL Rookie Draft, Raikiwasa was one of a group of SANFL players to remain with the club in the state league. But the key defender will play his football further up Port Road at Woodville Oval, with Port Adelaide and Woodville-West Torrens finalising a transfer today.

Can't hold it against him. Decent player, didn't look like getting a game.

Best of luck to him, no grudges. However, how do we now fill his role? What I don't understand in not allowing us to recruit from interstate stops this type of thing happening next year with a quality interstate lad we have brought in to the competition...

Mehh, Adelaide have done well adding lads lost to the system, AFL in the SANFL works if the others aren't scared... They are...

I asked one of the Academy players if there were any new potential ruckman training and he said no. I hope he wasn't being fair dinkum.
Surely we will find someone in January/Feburary from the amateur league.

Question:
Our "top up" players have restrictions on them (must be 18 to 23 / must not be from interstate / must not have been on an AFL list in the past two years, etc). What about our SANFL Reserves list? Could we get some promising interstate players, see how they travel in the B's and if ok draft them into our AFL sqaud at year's end?

Question:
Our "top up" players have restrictions on them (must be 18 to 23 / must not be from interstate / must not have been on an AFL list in the past two years, etc). What about our SANFL Reserves list? Could we get some promising interstate players, see how they travel in the B's and if ok draft them into our AFL sqaud at year's end?

I think it's pretty much the same conditions as the 15 Maggies players except they get paid $100 instead of $400.

I think it's pretty much the same conditions as the 15 Maggies players except they get paid $100 instead of $400.

You cannot live on that much pay, really it seems like a restrain of trade in payment. Now I fully understand why they come to our league & other country leagues for the money on offer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back