AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
5v38yt.jpg

with MoOP & The Jet from Alberton Swamprats

Presents

34eyyx5.jpg

How it works: Throughout the season, starting with the upcoming Season 18 pre-season competition, myself & MoOP will study the results from every competitive match and sit down during each week and work out a starting 18 + 2 interchange who performed the best according to the sim. Posting abilities will not be taken in to account. We both feel that by only allowing the sim results take effect as the selection criteria for this lineup, it gives everyone a chance to fulfill a dream of every SFA player of being able to be selected in such a prestige team of superstars.

Originally we were going to begin this with round 1 of the season 18 premiership season but again, we want the rookies and the lesser lights to also have a chance to be lucky enough to be selected in this lineup. As we know, 'USUALLY' the pre-season cup is a set of fixtures that allow the clubs leadership groups to tweak their lineups and give the lesser lights a chance to shine.

During the discussion of this, we were also thinking about either doing a weekly video or a weekly sound file of the ins and outs of the rolling all-sfa team but we just want to get this off the ground and running, so both options are a possibility later down the track. Each week AFTER the 1st named lineup, we will give reasons on why each player is either a new in or a new out of the lineup. ALSO, from the second week of naming this lineup, we will also post a BEFORE & an AFTER photo of the lineup.

We both look forward to presenting this to you each week during the season 18 of the SFA. Feedback & ideas that can further enhance this as we go along with it are more than welcomed. Below is a photo of what it will look like.

We hope you will all enjoy this as much as we will no doubt enjoy bringing it to you.

wh1rn7.jpg

Cool idea. I like the photoshop too.

I know this is based on what Lloyd does on the Sunday Footy Show, and I don't really watch it, so is this gonna be based on weekly performances, or cumulative performances? I'm not sure how he does it.

Also, how position based is this? Can a midfielder be in the forward line, is there going to be stark difference between players that begin on the LW and the RW, or are both W accounted for? Are the C, RR, and R all in the same pool, or once again, individualised?

• Banned
Cool idea. I like the photoshop too.

I know this is based on what Lloyd does on the Sunday Footy Show, and I don't really watch it, so is this gonna be based on weekly performances, or cumulative performances? I'm not sure how he does it.

Also, how position based is this? Can a midfielder be in the forward line, is there going to be stark difference between players that begin on the LW and the RW, or are both W accounted for? Are the C, RR, and R all in the same pool, or once again, individualised?

Thank you for the good questions Banana.

AFTER the 1st naming of the lineup, it will most certainly be a cumulative performance based lineup. Just playing 1 or 2 good games wont get you in the lineup. Consistency is a the thing we are looking for.

Players will be picked in this lineup depending what spots on the field their leadership players pick them for their club games. We realise players can play in different positions from time to time. Players will be picked based on the position they play the most at for their club. I/We will be taking notes on what positions they play when they are picked.

It wont matter if you are playing 5 great games on the left and right wing, you will be placed on A wing. The same with HFFs and HBFs and so on.

Players in the sim get moved alot, we know this. Players will get picked based on their starting position at the start of the matches.

I hope this has answered all your questions.

Seems like a genuinely good idea. Could also do an All SFA Team based purely on posting ability throughout the week? Just a suggestion...

Seems like a genuinely good idea. Could also do an All SFA Team based purely on posting ability throughout the week? Just a suggestion...
Interesting idea, but posting "ability" can be a contentious issue and is open to interpretation. How is "posting ability" actually defined? If someone is able to post 168 posts in a game, yes, I'm looking in a mirror ;), with perhaps 20 posts that elicite a giggle or a like, how does that stack up against someone who posts say, 15 times and gets a giggle from 10 or 10 likes? Does it come down to a like-post ratio? Also, this probably negates rookies as they're just learning the ropes generally and make standard posts.
I think for something like that to work, there would need to be clear guidelines as to what constitutes "posting ability".

As explained, this AllSFA team will be based on the games, not on their off field work.

Picking a team on stats is not as contentious but still contentious.

However doing it on posting would be a bit much considering you'd have to actually read all the posts in the first place.

That's why I would like the flogcutter system to go purely by posting, it would be the best and most reasonable system to have for such a thing.

Picking a team on stats is not as contentious but still contentious.

However doing it on posting would be a bit much considering you'd have to actually read all the posts in the first place.

That's why I would like the flogcutter system to go purely by posting, it would be the best and most reasonable system to have for such a thing.
At least my spot would be safe after game 2 :D

Interesting idea, but posting "ability" can be a contentious issue and is open to interpretation. How is "posting ability" actually defined? If someone is able to post 168 posts in a game, yes, I'm looking in a mirror ;), with perhaps 20 posts that elicite a giggle or a like, how does that stack up against someone who posts say, 15 times and gets a giggle from 10 or 10 likes? Does it come down to a like-post ratio? Also, this probably negates rookies as they're just learning the ropes generally and make standard posts.
I think for something like that to work, there would need to be clear guidelines as to what constitutes "posting ability".

As explained, this AllSFA team will be based on the games, not on their off field work.
It was just a suggestion :(

I quite like the idea, and would be willing to assist if anyone wanted to do an "SFA-AllStarFlogs Team", but we'll be running with the sim results on this thread.
Hahaha should do a Flogs team of the worst sim players, surely then I'd make a team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I give it 3 rounds.

inb4boysclubtakesover

Maybe change the name of it then. Clearly not a rolling All-SFA Team.
Oh it's rolling all right, and it's SFA, and it's AllStars...perhaps you need to change the name of that sub-standard team announced by the Admin, you could call it the 40% SFA Allstars o_O;):p:D

Why not gather a few posters, say 5, and assign one game for each.

This way, they can look at the quality of posting in thread, while also gathering stats at the end of the game. Therefore you can meet the 60/40 quota.

Why not gather a few posters, say 5, and assign one game for each.

This way, they can look at the quality of posting in thread, while also gathering stats at the end of the game. Therefore you can meet the 60/40 quota.
Sounds like work.

Like I said before, the flogcutters system is the best.

Because when you post in a match thread, it's mainly to the amusement and beneficiary of you, your teammates and the opposition. Neutrals skim through match threads, but you never get the proper experience, hence as close as you can get to a proper judgement, as a neutral.

Plus, who better to judge who's smacking you in a match thread, from the other team, than yourself? But not me, because I never do.

If it's a rolling All-SFA team, surely positions will be updated based on 60% posting 40% sim. As per the All-SFA team?
Good to see the criteria changed this past season to reflect a consistent basis for people's inclusion :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back