Media TheInjuryFactory's Gut Feel™ All-SFA Team - Season 35

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked at that and had my first epileptic fit..

Bad Joshy, please put a health warning on that post.

It can't be helped, I have no idea what the lives of people like you are.
I operate under the dazzling lights of Vegas, I haven't stepped outside without the barrage of ravenous paparazzi since in was 17.

6S9dj82.png

In an age of analysis paralysis, we here at TiFmedia prefer to buck the trend and search for a more organic, dirt between our toes feel for the game.

TheInjuryFactory's Gut Feel All-SFA Team returns for Season 35 after a pretty decent hiatus to bring you a sneak peek into the hotly contested All-SFA process with a stab in the dark crack at naming this season's best of the best.

As others look to z scores, spoonmeasures, time on ground, weather conditions and other hyper scrutinised micro-assessments of performance, we prefer more of a ‘stick our finger in the air to feel which way the wind’s blowing’ approach.

QC-868.jpg

In a process restrained by quotas, consensus, contingencies and correlations, we’d rather peer through the binoculars from the outer, pencil the highlights into our qooty record, and pick up the word on the street of Sweet’s everyman.

5pJumNt.png

So as the nominations are currently rolling into the Committee Room, we here at TiFmedia will be taking a fairly subjective look at the names on the whiteboard, sharpening the darts and having an educated stab in the dark... duly recognising the cream of the crop in our reasonably experienced and extremely well respected view in...

TheInjuryFactory’s Gut Feel™ All-SFA Team

B: serial_thrilla / JoshWoodenSpoon / T2B_
HB: Dingster / Tigerturbulance / Cadsky
C: TheInjuryFactory / Robertio / beez
HF: FootyGuy13 / nahnah / Mobbs
I think you accidentally left me out.

It would be easily justified this Season
Hard to tell, previous selections and non selections make it very difficult to determine criteria.
On and off field performance seems to have little impact from what I can tell.

Hard to tell, previous selections and non selections make it very difficult to determine criteria.
On and off field performance seems to have little impact from what I can tell.

What else is there?

TiF's Gut Feel™ All-SFA Team - Followers
0B4rorI.png

The followers, home of the biggest glory hounds in the game. A ruck, typically the most boisterous, 'out there' posters at the club. So simultaneously self assured yet insecure they gather together in an echo chamber of orgasmic self congratulation having created their own chest-puffing award to stroke their egos to completion. Then a ruck rover, the luckiest son of a bitch in the game generally, home of the likely Mobbs Medallist and deservedly one of the most elite posters in the competition. Then a rover right? Wrong. Most seasons, the competition's most elite rover has played second fiddle to the runner up ruck rover here, with said rover massaged onto a flank or at times even shafted to the interchange to accommodate. However this season as a card carrying member of the Rover's Guild, not on my watch.

4BluRvY.png

pantskyle - Coney Island Warriors

Making a surprising shift from ruck rover into the ruck ahead of Season 35, the Hall of Famer & former Mobbs Medallist has stood shoulders above the rest this season to announce himself as the league's premier ruckman. In just his 4th full season in the ruck over his 21 seasons in the competition, pants assumed the ruck duties at Van Cortlandt Park and promptly led the Warriors ruck division all the way to a minor premiership and continues to dominate stoppage as the Warriors find themselves up to their aggots into a rare finals campaign. The clear standout amongst the ruck brigade in S35, pants has compiled the most comprehensive season of all rucks in contention... a packed field which even includes club skippers Falconista & damicky - who've barely proved fit to carry his drinks in the midst of the herculean efforts from the lithium powered, robotic ape from Coney Island. But don't just take my word for it, as the only ruckman to rank in the top 3 in the competition for hitouts, kicks, disposals, tackles & DT points the numbers speak for themselves. Most importantly, pants has enjoyed a renaissance off the field in Season 35, where the long awaited uniting with brother The Filth Wizard saw his engagement spike, averaging 45.7 posts per week and proving to be a consistent presence in the Warriors' all conquering on and off the field powerhouse in Season 35.

pants, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side, I know you've had your 6v 4ah sealed lead battery set on it.

n8m5C70.png

Tarkyn_24 - Mount Buller Demons

Having graciously allowed choke of the season contender okeydoke7 to gain on his all time goalkicking record in Season 35 in the name of sportsmanship, the selfless Tarkyn_24 promptly assumed the ruck rover position for the Demons and responded in kind with driving the club's engine room directly to a wooden spoon. But don't let results fool you, Tarks was fighting the tide in Season 35, as he finds himself selected as the most well rounded ruck rover in the competition this season. Was he the highest possession getter? Well, no, but he was pretty darn close. Did he have the highest DT points for his position? Well, again, no... but he was also in the 70s per game! What about tackles? Well yes actually! He led all ruck rovers nominated with 6.25 per game. All this is the competition's worst side, a team that managed just 2 wins from 16 starts. Historically bad. Yet he was good, he was right in the sweet spot as far as activity and engagement go and he took one for the team in allowing okeydoke7 the chance to fail miserably before our eyes and for this he should be commended and celebrated accordingly.

Tarks, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side. Tarks. :)

chWn86j.png

omgfridge - Fighting Furies

A fairly recent addition to the Rover's Guild, selected at Rover in the Gut Feel™ side for Season 35 is the most responsible person at the Furies, omgfridge. I guess that's kind of like saying the most chivalrous Bomber or most well adjusted Wonder or even the most socially adept Dragon... but it's high praise all the same. fridge has not only been the face of stability for a Furies side in serious trouble early on, but he also led the club's engine room combining well with former admin NaturalDisaster to propel an unlikely Furies outfit all the way to a hard fought Semi Final loss at the hands of their successors at the Old Boys. Having previously starred on a half back flank at both the Gumbies and the Royals having earned three All-SFA guernseys to date, he looks set to nab his fourth in Season 35 and join a long line of Rovers who have valiantly fought the good fight and managed to earn selection in position in an All-SFA side which let me tell you, is no mean feat. Not only has fridge starred on the field, but he's also proven to be a valuable contributor in the committee room when compared with the last half a dozen Furies reps, and has been a constant for a Furies side at times quite bereft of top line talent.

omgfridge, well done for managing to gently steward the Furies off the chopping block in Season 35, and welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side.

0B4rorI.png

The followers, home of the biggest glory hounds in the game. A ruck, typically the most boisterous, 'out there' posters at the club. So simultaneously self assured yet insecure they gather together in an echo chamber of orgasmic self congratulation having created their own chest-puffing award to stroke their egos to completion. Then a ruck rover, the luckiest son of a bitch in the game generally, home of the likely Mobbs Medallist and deservedly one of the most elite posters in the competition. Then a rover right? Wrong. Most seasons, the competition's most elite rover has played second fiddle to the runner up ruck rover here, with said rover massaged onto a flank or at times even shafted to the interchange to accommodate. However this season as a card carrying member of the Rover's Guild, not on my watch.

4BluRvY.png

pantskyle - Coney Island Warriors

Making a surprising shift from ruck rover into the ruck ahead of Season 35, the Hall of Famer & former Mobbs Medallist has stood shoulders above the rest this season to announce himself as the league's premier ruckman. In just his 4th full season in the ruck over his 21 seasons in the competition, pants assumed the ruck duties at Van Cortlandt Park and promptly led the Warriors ruck division all the way to a minor premiership and continues to dominate stoppage as the Warriors find themselves up to their aggots into a rare finals campaign. The clear standout amongst the ruck brigade in S35, pants has compiled the most comprehensive season of all rucks in contention... a packed field which even includes club skippers Falconista & damicky - who've barely proved fit to carry his drinks in the midst of the herculean efforts from the lithium powered, robotic ape from Coney Island. But don't just take my word for it, as the only ruckman to rank in the top 3 in the competition for hitouts, kicks, disposals, tackles & DT points the numbers speak for themselves. Most importantly, pants has enjoyed a renaissance off the field in Season 35, where the long awaited uniting with brother The Filth Wizard saw his engagement spike, averaging 45.7 posts per week and proving to be a consistent presence in the Warriors' all conquering on and off the field powerhouse in Season 35.

pants, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side, I know you've had your 6v 4ah sealed lead battery set on it.

n8m5C70.png

Tarkyn_24 - Mount Buller Demons

Having graciously allowed choke of the season contender okeydoke7 to gain on his all time goalkicking record in Season 35 in the name of sportsmanship, the selfless Tarkyn_24 promptly assumed the ruck rover position for the Demons and responded in kind with driving the club's engine room directly to a wooden spoon. But don't let results fool you, Tarks was fighting the tide in Season 35, as he finds himself selected as the most well rounded ruck rover in the competition this season. Was he the highest possession getter? Well, no, but he was pretty darn close. Did he have the highest DT points for his position? Well, again, no... but he was also in the 70s per game! What about tackles? Well yes actually! He led all ruck rovers nominated with 6.25 per game. All this is the competition's worst side, a team that managed just 2 wins from 16 starts. Historically bad. Yet he was good, he was right in the sweet spot as far as activity and engagement go and he took one for the team in allowing okeydoke7 the chance to fail miserably before our eyes and for this he should be commended and celebrated accordingly.

Tarks, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side. Tarks. :)

chWn86j.png

omgfridge - Fighting Furies

A fairly recent addition to the Rover's Guild, selected at Rover in the Gut Feel™ side for Season 35 is the most responsible person at the Furies, omgfridge. I guess that's kind of like saying the most chivalrous Bomber or most well adjusted Wonder or even the most socially adept Dragon... but it's high praise all the same. fridge has not only been the face of stability for a Furies side in serious trouble early on, but he also led the club's engine room combining well with former admin NaturalDisaster to propel an unlikely Furies outfit all the way to a hard fought Semi Final loss at the hands of their successors at the Old Boys. Having previously starred on a half back flank at both the Gumbies and the Royals having earned three All-SFA guernseys to date, he looks set to nab his fourth in Season 35 and join a long line of Rovers who have valiantly fought the good fight and managed to earn selection in position in an All-SFA side which let me tell you, is no mean feat. Not only has fridge starred on the field, but he's also proven to be a valuable contributor in the committee room when compared with the last half a dozen Furies reps, and has been a constant for a Furies side at times quite bereft of top line talent.

omgfridge, well done for managing to gently steward the Furies off the chopping block in Season 35, and welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side.
Thanks TiF, I can now submit by beez votes, this line had a direct correlation with your placement.

That photo shop is also class.

What else is there?
the biggest correlation I have noticed is whether or not you are a current SFA captain. It seems that being captain plays a huge role in selection.

the biggest correlation I have noticed is whether or not you are a current SFA captain. It seems that being captain plays a huge role in selection.
As the majority of the committee who discuss and decide on the All-SFA team are Captains you could be onto something there :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a regular reserves competition so that teams like the Punt Panthers and Ophidian Old Boys can kick about. :whitecheck:

Were the Dees relegated?

Bono will be beside himself with some people arguing 4 Rucks should be included.

Those oxygen deprived ninnies should be grateful to get one.

TiF's Gut Feel™ All-SFA Team - Interchange
Ggl0dAu.png

The Bench. Hard, uncompromising, splintery.

If you're here, it's because you weren't quite good enough to truly make it... but you were just marginally too good not to either. Home of the 2nd (or even third) ruckman, the 6th ruck rover, the full forward who finished 5th in the Fred or maybe the 3rd full back skipper who couldn't squish into a back pocket at a midfielder's expense.

6P5y5CN.png

damicky - West Coast Wonders

I can now reveal the Wonders skipper has been feverishly sweating on his inclusion in this side, and after riding a rollercoaster of emotion he finds himself riding the pine after securing one of the very last spots in the Season 35 Gut Feel™ All-SFA side. One of a plethora of in form, dominant big men in the game in S35, damicky proved himself to be an adequate foil for the equally dominant and far more handsome pantskyle in the ruck division. A stready presence across the competition, damicky once again an active player in proceedings and led his Wonders from the front alongside co-captain Frothies Mcveigh as they look to guide the club through a rebuild of sorts. Having finished 1st for hitouts and 3rd in disposals for ruckmen, his numbers support his selection and just do enough to give him the nod ahead of an equally worthy contender in the Royals' @ GreyCrow.

Cheese, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side, you can rest easy knowing you have that much treasured TiF bump of endorsement for your lofty All-SFA aspirations.

St6Adn0.png

spudmaster - Coney Island Warriors

Enjoying a breakout season for the barnstorming minor premiers, skipper Tonga Bob showed supreme faith in his star rookie in the off season and that faith has been rewarded in spades, as spudmaster played every one his matches at Centre in Season 35 and was a tireless competitor in the middle as he compiled an elite season as the centrepiece of the Coney Island midfield. Combining with former club skippers and All-SFA captains of yesteryear Agent93 & TheInjuryFactory, spud played a major part of arguably the league's most damaging centreline, one surely the envy of the competition with the Warriors outside game proving a hallmark of their all conquering home & away season. Having debuted in S34, the second year Wazza was equally as handy off the field, holding his own amongst a talent packed list at Van Cortlandt Park to find himself regularly in the best afield, off of it. He's certainly in with a cheeky sniff in my book, and that's enough for me to back him in for a debut All-SFA nod in Season 35.

spud my friend, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side.

IMG_6177.jpeg

TiF's Gut Feel™ All-SFA Team - Stiff
PeNM3nJ.png

Stiff. Self-explanatory really.

Think spookism, JoshWoodenSpoon & Hate at emergency in the S28 All-SFA side all those years ago, or U2tigers shafted out of a spot by his own teammate Ant Bear for a position (who also happened to be the admin at the time) with a last minute captain's call, who was also an emergency that same fateful season.

Just like them, these folks can all consider themselves pretty damn stiff.

8nrP1uG.png

Barrybran - Gumbies FFC
The perennial contender, the former Gumbies skipper was less than his omnipresent regular self in Season 35, Despite his impressive numbers in the centre for the Gumbies putting him in the frame, he just misses out on the Gut Feel™ side based on, well... Gut Feel™ I guess?

OpHAhO2.png

GreyCrow - Gold City Royals
A super season in the ruck for the premiership contenders, is already featuring in many club's provisional sides and led all rucks for DT points and finished in the top handful in the competition. An active season off the field gives him every chance in the official All-SFA side.

Hivh5o0.png

Ligma - Ophidian Old Boys

An active season off it and a dangerous season up front for the Old Boys on the park, Ligma has well and truly put herself in the discussion in Season 35 forming a dangerous half forward flank combination at Spotswood with the evergreen Mobbs.

IKoLvrG.png

hotchilli - Gold City Royals

Another impressive performer for the prelim bound Royals, he finds himself an unlucky victim of a quality field of elite wingmen in the competition in Season 35. However despite missing out on this season's Gut Feel™ side, he remains in the mix for official league honours.

XDuGsE1.png

Pugsley - Baghdad Bombers

Arguably the standout performer at ruck rover on the field, the Bombers veteran has a long history of outstanding seasons in the Baghdad engine room and Season 35 proved no different. Just misses out in the Gut Feel™ side, but another who looks likely to earn yet another blazer in the official side in a matter of days.

Ggl0dAu.png

The Bench. Hard, uncompromising, splintery.

If you're here, it's because you weren't quite good enough to truly make it... but you were just marginally too good not to either. Home of the 2nd (or even third) ruckman, the 6th ruck rover, the full forward who finished 5th in the Fred or maybe the 3rd full back skipper who couldn't squish into a back pocket at a midfielder's expense.

6P5y5CN.png

damicky - West Coast Wonders

I can now reveal the Wonders skipper has been feverishly sweating on his inclusion in this side, and after riding a rollercoaster of emotion he finds himself riding the pine after securing one of the very last spots in the Season 35 Gut Feel™ All-SFA side. One of a plethora of in form, dominant big men in the game in S35, damicky proved himself to be an adequate foil for the equally dominant and far more handsome pantskyle in the ruck division. A stready presence across the competition, damicky once again an active player in proceedings and led his Wonders from the front alongside co-captain Frothies Mcveigh as they look to guide the club through a rebuild of sorts. Having finished 1st for hitouts and 3rd in disposals for ruckmen, his numbers support his selection and just do enough to give him the nod ahead of an equally worthy contender in the Royals' @ GreyCrow.

Cheese, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side, you can rest easy knowing you have that much treasured TiF bump of endorsement for your lofty All-SFA aspirations.

St6Adn0.png

spudmaster - Coney Island Warriors

Enjoying a breakout season for the barnstorming minor premiers, skipper Tonga Bob showed supreme faith in his star rookie in the off season and that faith has been rewarded in spades, as spudmaster played every one his matches at Centre in Season 35 and was a tireless competitor in the middle as he compiled an elite season as the centrepiece of the Coney Island midfield. Combining with former club skippers and All-SFA captains of yesteryear Agent93 & TheInjuryFactory, spud played a major part of arguably the league's most damaging centreline, one surely the envy of the competition with the Warriors outside game proving a hallmark of their all conquering home & away season. Having debuted in S34, the second year Wazza was equally as handy off the field, holding his own amongst a talent packed list at Van Cortlandt Park to find himself regularly in the best afield, off of it. He's certainly in with a cheeky sniff in my book, and that's enough for me to back him in for a debut All-SFA nod in Season 35.

spud my friend, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side.

Happy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

PeNM3nJ.png

Think spookism, JoshWoodenSpoon & Hate at emergency in the S28 All-SFA side all those years ago, or U2tigers shafted out of a spot by his own teammate Ant Bear for a position (who also happened to be the admin at the time) with a last minute captain's call, who was also an emergency that same fateful season.

8nrP1uG.png

Barrybran - Gumbies FFC
The perennial contender, the former Gumbies skipper was less than his omnipresent regular self in Season 35, Despite his impressive numbers in the centre for the Gumbies putting him in the frame, he just misses out on the Gut Feel™ side based on, well... Gut Feel™ I guess?

OpHAhO2.png

A super season in the ruck for the premiership contenders, is already featuring in many club's provisional sides and led all rucks for DT points and finished in the top handful in the competition. An active season off the field gives him every chance in the official All-SFA side.

Hivh5o0.png

An active season off it and a dangerous season up front for the Old Boys on the park, Ligma has well and truly put herself in the discussion in Season 35 forming a dangerous half forward flank combination at Spotswood with the evergreen Mobbs.

IKoLvrG.png

Another impressive performer for the prelim bound Royals, he finds himself an unlucky victim of a quality field of elite wingmen in the competition in Season 35. However despite missing out on this season's Gut Feel™ side, he remains in the mix for official league honours.

XDuGsE1.png

Arguably the standout performer at ruck rover on the field, the Bombers veteran has a long history of outstanding seasons in the Baghdad engine room and Season 35 proved no different. Just misses out in the Gut Feel™ side, but another who looks likely to earn yet another blazer in the official side in a matter of days.
That doesn’t look like miller 😭

PeNM3nJ.png

8nrP1uG.png

Barrybran - Gumbies FFC

OpHAhO2.png

Hivh5o0.png

IKoLvrG.png

XDuGsE1.png

1686961240328.gif

PeNM3nJ.png

8nrP1uG.png

Barrybran - Gumbies FFC

OpHAhO2.png

Hivh5o0.png

IKoLvrG.png

XDuGsE1.png

I only just got out of the asylum after that incident.

Thanks for re-triggering it.

alpha triggers GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back