Media TheInjuryFactory's Gut Feel™ All-SFA Team - Season 35

Remove this Banner Ad

TiF's Gut Feel™ All-SFA Team - Half Back
JRWYJCv.png

Ahhh yes the half back flank. Easiest line to pick of all. A half back, a centre half back and an inside mid. :whitecheck:

Now expect there to be a hotly contested debate in committee in the coming weeks, as no doubt some veritable recluse of a half back player you've probably never heard of has racked up stats galore somewhere during the season while simultaneously completely underwhelming with their hermit-like activity. Despite only half a dozen defenders nominated at best each season, there will still be inevitable groans when the entire backline isn't chocked full to the brim with captains who play defence for easy passage into the side and guys marginally too active for a forward pocket/interchange rotation. Bookmark it.

i99TEBs.png

Dingster - Las Vegas Bears

Now it must be said, it's hardly Dingster's first rodeo. In fact, it's his 26th to be precise. The Bears veteran has enjoyed another strong season on and off the field, having made the shift from the East Side to Vegas during the off season and back to his spiritual home after a 12 season absence. That must have been an overwhelming driving force behind his return, that and of course the fact that the Phoenix just plain stink.

The board's most handsome man has once again selflessly stationed himself behind the ball at the Stadium in the Sky in Season 35, and as a result of this sacrifice he will no doubt enjoy his first back to back selections in the All-SFA since ever. Now TiF you might ask, what makes you so confident Ding will just waltz onto the half back flank unopposed? Well, because he did just this in Season 34. Look it up.

Ding, you're now 2 from 2 for selections in TheInjuryFactory's Gut Feel™ All-SFA side so a hearty congratulations from me, you know I've always been a big fan of your stuff. Disregard the fact that you missed out the last time I made such a bold prediction, this committee is far less competent so this time I'm quite certain it's a fait accompli.

MBFCdni.png

Tigerturbulance - Ophidian Old Boys

A PT Barnum style PR man of the highest order, Turbo has enjoyed another strong season of off field activity keeping his name once again in the bright lights and regularly in the headlines in Season 35, and as a result is a 🔒 for the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side.

Playing the selfless skipper down back for team balance role to a tee, when it comes to key defensive positions, stats are largely irrelevant with so few nominated in these positions and these club leader types almost always find themselves into the side with minimal fuss.

As a key pillar down back for the finals bound Ophidians, I'm sure he's got enough numbers in field to back up a selection that will be sealed largely through off field presence and into his first back to back All-SFA selection which I'll be honest was a surprise when doing my bare minimum research for this.

Turbo, Welcome to the Gut Feel All-SFA side. 250kgs of love muscle certainly makes you one of the league's heavyweights and you've been duly awarded with this most prestigious of honours.

ZwuvbCX.png

Cadsky - Gold City Royals

Sweet FA journeyman and Onlyfans feet fetish purveyor Cadsky finds himself selected in this season's Gut Feel™ side in the customary 4th or 5th best midfielder in his position that's been loud enough to sneak into a spot on the flanks.

A likely future admin as absurd as that sounds, the Moz will be buzzing at the prospect of joining illustrious company in this who's who of Season 35 royalty as the Royals tyro just feels like he's found that All-SFA sweet spot between promotion and production.

Cadsky, Moz, Morpheus of Zion (is that all of them?), welcome to the Gut Feel All-SFA side.

In a selection process where nepotism is king, this Royal looks likely to ascend to the throne in coming seasons, and I trust that a generous selection in the Gut Feel™ side will surely curry favour for this Warriors great in seasons to come.

Last edited:

JRWYJCv.png

Ahhh yes the half back flank. Easiest line to pick of all. A half back, a centre half back and an inside mid. :whitecheck:

Now expect there to be a hotly contested debate in committee in the coming weeks, as no doubt some veritable recluse of a half back player you've probably never heard of has racked up stats galore somewhere during the season while simultaneously completely underwhelming with their hermit-like activity. Despite only half a dozen defenders nominated at best each season, there will still be inevitable groans when the entire backline isn't chocked full to the brim with captains who play defence for easy passage into the side and guys marginally too active for a forward pocket/interchange rotation. Bookmark it.

i99TEBs.png

Dingster - Las Vegas Bears

Now it must be said, it's hardly Dingster's first rodeo. In fact, it's his 26th to be precise. The Bears veteran has enjoyed another strong season on and off the field, having made the shift from the East Side to Vegas during the off season and back to his spiritual home after a 12 season absence. That must have been an overwhelming driving force behind his return, that and of course the fact that the Phoenix just plain stink.

The board's most handsome man has once again selflessly stationed himself behind the ball at the Stadium in the Sky in Season 35, and as a result of this sacrifice he will no doubt enjoy his first back to back selections in the All-SFA since ever. Now TiF you might ask, what makes you so confident Ding will just waltz onto the half back flank unopposed? Well, because he did just this in Season 34. Look it up.

Ding, you're now 2 from 2 for selections in TheInjuryFactory's Gut Feel™ All-SFA side so a hearty congratulations from me, you know I've always been a big fan of your stuff. Disregard the fact that you missed out the last time I made such a bold prediction, this committee is far less competent so this time I'm quite certain it's a fait accompli.

MBFCdni.png

Tigerturbulance - Ophidian Old Boys

A PT Barnum style PR man of the highest order, Turbo has enjoyed another strong season of off field activity keeping his name once again in the bright lights and regularly in the headlines in Season 35, and as a result is a 🔒 for the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side.

Playing the selfless skipper down back for team balance role to a tee, when it comes to key defensive positions, stats are largely irrelevant with so few nominated in these positions and these club leader types almost always find themselves into the side with minimal fuss.

As a key pillar down back for the finals bound Ophidians, I'm sure he's got enough numbers in field to back up a selection that will be sealed largely through off field presence and into his first back to back All-SFA selection which I'll be honest was a surprise when doing my bare minimum research for this.

Turbo, Welcome to the Gut Feel All-SFA side. 250kgs of love muscle certainly makes you one of the league's heavyweights and you've been duly awarded with this most prestigious of honours.

ZwuvbCX.png

Cadsky - Gold City Royals

Sweet FA journeyman and Onlyfans feet fetish purveyor Cadsky finds himself selected in this season's Gut Feel™ side in the customary 4th or 5th best midfielder in his position that's been loud enough to sneak into a spot on the flanks.

A likely future admin as absurd as that sounds, the Moz will be buzzing at the prospect of joining illustrious company in this who's who of Season 35 royalty as the Royals tyro just feels like he's found that All-SFA sweet spot between promotion and production.

Cadsky, Moz, Morpheus of Zion (is that all of them?), welcome to the Gut Feel All-SFA side.

In a selection process where nepotism is king, this Royal looks likely to ascend to the throne in coming seasons, and I trust that a generous selection in the Gut Feel™ side will surely curry favour for this Warriors great in seasons to come.
I do love this threesome

1686067310813.png

all we have to do now is agree on our safe word

TiF's Gut Feel™ All-SFA Team - Centre
OTStmtA.png

The centreline, arguably the most pure selections of the All-SFA side each season. While we might occasionally see a ruck rover nudge out a slightly underwhelming centreman type, (this season there's a plethora of high performing centreman you could throw a blanket over) expect to see two pure wingers and a genuine centreman come All-SFA night. Traditionally dominated by up and coming Sweet FA talent in previous seasons, this season we've seen the upper echelon performers in the centreline dominated by well established veterans plying their trade having been shafted out of their beloved follower roles no doubt. Or so I am led to believe.

zm4AMbW.png

beez - Gumbies FFC

The Bombers and Gumbies legend, beez has enjoyed a banner season at the House of Gumby in Season 35, something I know very well because I've been fully stat stalking him all season. As a club leader and dominant presence on the outside for newly installed skipper Falconista, he's turned back the clock to enjoy one of his best seasons in years combining with fellow veteran and All-SFA hopeful Barrybran to form a dangerous combination on the outside for the top 8 Gumbies.

A well renowned tradie hater and wordsmith/grammar nazi without peer, beez has consistently performed on and off the field in Season 35, finishing the home and away season ranked 5th overall for disposals in the competition and as a result is a fait accompli selection on the wing in the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side as he looks poised to claim his 7th All-SFA guernsey, surprisingly just his second since S22.

beez, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side my friend. Congratulations on being the second best wingman in the comp in Season 35.

iPVONm4.png

Robertio - Ophidian Old Boys

The season 31 Deestroy medallist crossed from the Bombers to Spotswood in Season 35 seeking a change of scenery that has done wonders for his qooty having announced himself as one of the league's most damaging midfielders, slotting in seamlessly into the Ophidians midfield set up and separating himself from a deep field of high performing centremen to cement his place in the Gut Feel™ side. The competition's leading disposal getter in Season 35, Robertio is surprisingly contending for his very first All-SFA berth after a barnstorming Season 35, a fact I had to double check because it just didn't make sense to me. I mean an absolute potato like Elmer_Judd is a 2 time All-SFA player (seriously. look it up) so how the hell has a household name like RobR/Robertio/GuinessManRobert not broken through for a selection in the side to date? Season 35 looks set to correct that error in style.

Robertio, Senor R, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side. Your move to the trouser snakes appears to have paid immediate dividends and as one of the first picks in this season's All-SFA side you stand to become just the 3rd Old Boys alumni to earn All-SFA selection and look forward to seeing you back it up next season for the Southern Ophidian Dragon Boys FFC.

mREdZHB.png

TheInjuryFactory - Coney Island Warriors

Yep. You're goddamn right I am.

Having selflessly transitioned out of the Warriors engine room in Season 35, the former Warriors skipper and reigning Players MVP winner turned back the clock on the expanses of the VCP this season, reinventing themselves as a wingman. Having debuting on the wing all the way back in Season 26 in his rookie season, the Warriors have gone back to the future with TiF who has enjoyed a spectacular season for the minor premiers as the most damaging attacking wingman in the game.

Not only a consistent presence off the field, having backed up a surprise second beez Trophy win in Season 34 with another mildly prolific media performance, TiF led all wingmen for goals with 18.5 from shots on goal at a remarkable 78.2% goal conversion rate, 2nd in DT for wingers with an average of 75.5 points per game and 4th in average disposals... well 2nd for wingers who have any business near this side and are genuinely in with a sniff of selection, in fact ranking 9th overall the competition during the home and away season.

TiF, Welcome to your own Gut Feel™ All-SFA side. I may have just gone full okeydoke7 here. Get me a banner Hate.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TiF's Gut Feel™ All-SFA Team - Half Forward
Zr9YdBo.png

The Half Forward flank. This season looks set to buck the trend with a couple of standout performances by genuine half forward flankers looking like stealing the limelight from the poor hard done by 4th or 5th best ruck rover in the competition or third ruckman who managed a handful more goals than the rest. But rest easy my friends, as the half forward line wouldn't be complete without a full forward not elite enough to seriously challenge for the Fred but just impactful enough off the field to sly their way into the equation. Don't worry, we've got you covered.

4npSaQI.png

FootyGuy13 - Coney Island Warriors

Lauded for dunking on Ant Bear before he'd even touched a qooty in anger, FootyGuy13 quickly announced himself in his debut season for the Warriors, and then promptly assumed the recluse position. But no more. The much loved match caller, low key expert statistician and Frankston Rover Medal auditor (and winner, nothing suss about that), foopy bloke has finally broken through the All-SFA glass ceiling of 20 posts per week and looks a dead set certainty to claim a spot on the half forward flank after a spectacular season up forward in a formidable Warriors attack in Season 35. Banging home 24 majors from 34 scoring shots for the 2nd ranked scoring side in the competition this season, on field his form has been scintillating, while off the field he's been equally impressive, with his underappreciated Mobbs Predictor piece proving to be quite the work of art, all while battling an identity crisis that saw him discard the iconic headband and flowing blond locks for a pair of googly eyes and a little tongue peeking out through what I can only imagine is the darkness of his opponents' crushed hopes and dreams as he dashes them by casually waltzing into this Gut Feel™ side and the history books with his first All-SFA guernsey.

FootGuy, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side and I look forward to singing songs of your valour in committee during what promises to be a grueling 5 second deliberation on your no brainer selection in Season 35's All-SFA team.

gSNEaIi.png

nahnah - Gold City Royals

The Royals skipper has enjoyed a charmed run at Gold City since returning to the league in their all-conquering S30 premiership season. After making his first All-SFA side in S33 on a wing, nahnah looks set to repeat the feat this season and shapes as a likely candidate for the centre half forward post as is an also-ran full forward's destiny you see. Following in the footsteps of former skipper and very stable genius The Filth Wizard, nahnah has emulated his mentor in selfishly selflessly spearheading a Royals attack that finished top 6 in the league for attack, as he piled on 60 majors in the home and away season. Having inspired his Royals just this past weekend with a herculean zero goal outing on the weekend to singlehandedly propel his side into a prelim, everything's coming up PMBangers for our man nahnah in Season 35 and that's why our patented Gut Feel™ tells us to he is a dead certainty for All-SFA honours in just a few weeks' time.

10 years from now, on a simulated Greenery led vodcast on the Big Interest Group microchip immersionsphere, the first quiz question will be who was the standout CHF shafted in the S35 All-SFA side? Does anyone remember? Nah.

Nah.

As a Royal, given you have a debilitating affliction resulting in an inability to sweat, I imagine you'll just end up overheating in anticipation come All-SFA night awaiting your name to be called. But stay golden pony boy and enjoy the warm embrace of the TiF bump. Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side nahnah.

siljFbX.png

Mobbs - Ophidian Old Boys

The Old Boys' Old Boy, Mobbs is a near perennial consideration for All-SFA honours yet has somehow not featured since way back in S28. A fact that truly shocked me, given I actually decided to research it as I am writing this sentence. But Season 35 promises to right that wrong, as an impressive 27 goal season for the semi final bound Ophidians on a half forward flank will surely see him dash the hopes of mediocre midfielders everywhere. This will be great news for former teammate Mooch of course, who arguably stands to profit most come All-SFA night, given Mobbs' previously stated determination to make a Bob Murphy out of him. Having been an inaugural Old Boy with the club's inception into the competition, Tigerturbulance's bid insurance policy has been a stalwart at Spotswood, and has enjoyed another prolific season off the field while compiling a nicely dangerous one on it, and looks set to feature heavily during the Ophidians' 2nd finals campaign from as many seasons. There's talk that this season will in fact be his last at the trouser snakes, which must be a great relief for him and music to the ears of the long suffering TedDougChris.

Mobbs, Welcome to the Gut Feel™ All-SFA side for Season 35. While the news you dodged the bullet of an ill-devised merger with the lowly Dragons in Season 36 would certainly take top billing, I imagine this selection will be the 2nd best highlight of your week.

Last edited:
I meant none of those named. Only chance is if an old style BC fix is in.
I look forward to seeing the Uncle Horry Colostomy Bag Delights All-SFA team to right my wrongs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back