Autopsy Rd 12 Carlton v Geelong Post Match Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Once again our top end talent stands up but our 2nd stringers suck balls..

Mclean, Robinson and Garlett are just ordinary footballers all around.....

Garlett soft efforts have to get him traded now and why didn't we flood our back half in the last 5 minutes?

Robinson was pretty good I thought

In that last minute of the game Geelong got away with a head high tackle on Menzel, the Geelong runner made contact with Robinson (whether it was accidental or not doesn't matter, he made contact in front of the ump and the ump just waved him away and bounced the ball).

If a player makes an accidental head high tackle a free is still awarded, if a player accidentally goes over the mark a free is still awarded, so why wasn't the Geelong player accidentally making contact with Robinson ruled a free.

that was very close, Carlton hold your head high, umpires have a look at yourselves.

one of the better games from Gibbs. Carlton ripped off IMHO.

Guess I'll have to shell out that $100.00

Should have taken that game............never mind.
We should have won last week....we should have won this week....but we didn't!! We're not stepping up when it really counts and given our inconsistency for the past 5 seasons I doubt we're really close to doing so consistently!! Malthouse will be fuming but also proud of the group.

Then whenever they are pinged for something, they instantly cross to Chris Scott doing his, "what do you mean the freakin' earth is round... Brad has always told me that it was flat... round? GTFO of here... how the hell don't we fall off it?"

Haha, at least that gave me a laugh.

Ah, still can't believe what the Cats got away with in that match. It seems the normal rules of incorrect disposal and tackling and in the back etc don't apply to them.

Bloody spirited effort from your guys though.
How was that throw which resulted in Selwood's goal. No attempt to get a fist near the ball, just a blatant one handed throw.

You are right though, this has been par for the course with the Cats for much of their dynasty.

seriously, I don't normally go this path, but I've had e-*******-nuff. Last week, ok, smacked umpires. Awful, lets call it a one off.
BUT NOW

Menzal nearly gets knocked out in the square, and we have a ******* geelong runner, make *ing contact with a player again, in the square, AND NOTHING!

ENOUGH!!!!

* the fine, wear it Mick.....get in the press conference, and let the AFL and their part time shambles umpire department, ******* have it!!

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

It was a gutsy effort, but regardless of the umpiring we had the opportunity to put them away and we didn't...really disapointed in MM waiting till half time to move jamo down back on one leg. I really do wonder about his strategies sometimes, enough of the swingman crap, play players in their dam positions. Thats about as civil as I can currently be!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again our top end talent stands up but our 2nd stringers suck balls..

Mclean, Robinson and Garlett are just ordinary footballers all around.....

Garlett soft efforts have to get him traded now and why didn't we flood our back half in the last 5 minutes?

At least Robinson makes his presence felt. The other two...less said the better. Didn't see much of Army either, looked like he couldn't raise a gallop.

Sorry for intruding.
I was barracking for your boys tonight. Showed a heap of ticker and if they'd nailed their shots in the first and last quarters it would be a totally different vibe in here.
I'm all for putting the whistle away, but you've got to pay the obvious ones and Menzel was pretty bloody obvious. I feel for ya.

Haha, at least that gave me a laugh.

We've been battered, bruised and bent-over by the Cats for years now. I know what it feels like. They're a good side, no doubt, and often the latitude they're seemingly given, doesn't mean much in the context of a game, but in games like tonight, well, it does.

Went in not expecting much except a bit of heart and fight.

They showed heart and fight.

Next step is to show some footballing ability.

Waite and Garlett surely on their last legs as AFL footballers.
Heart and fight and footballing ability should be the absolute minimum each and every game.

Shame we have to be content with that.

Well, at least the guys left it all out on the ground tonight. Really stiff not to come away with that one.

Loved Gibbs, Doc, Thomas, Menz, Army...

Saddens me seeing Brock copping a hammering. :thumbsdown:
Suddenly he's the worst player ever to pull on a Navy jumper. Steady on, guys! :rolleyes:

Biggest question I had about the umpiring tonight was how the hell was that centre bounce late in the 2nd Quarter not recalled??? HMac just palmed it straight down the throat of someone and they kicked the easiest goal after a questionable advantage was paid....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back