Preview Rd 5 Pies vs Dons (Cox, Smith, Frost, Maynard in squad, White out, team in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't like it. Don't have to come on here.

Don't you like the Free Speech Rule?
I'm perfectly entitled to have a dissenting opinion. I'm also entitled to request you provide support for your position, particularly when it seems to be based on very little evidence at all. I'm also entitled to provide my assessment of your position.

I don''t understand how you can (reading between the lines) tell me to piss off and also accuse me of not permitting you to voice your opinions, when there is absolutely no evidence that I do not consider it your right to post.

But in summary, I think your position is poorly backed up, and that there's no foundation for it. Ialso think you need to realise this isn't your own personal forum for your own opinions and you should be more welcoming of dissenting views, particularly when people are providing support for them.

Oh and I'll be continuing to post here. But thank you for your suggestion that I do the contrary. :)

I'm perfectly entitled to have a dissenting opinion. I'm also entitled to request you provide support for your position, particularly when it seems to be based on very little evidence at all. I'm also entitled to provide my assessment of your position.

I don''t understand how you can (reading between the lines) tell me to piss off and also accuse me of not permitting you to voice your opinions, when there is absolutely no evidence that I do not consider it your right to post.

But in summary, I think your position is poorly backed up, and that there's no foundation for it. Ialso think you need to realise this isn't your own personal forum for your own opinions and you should be more welcoming of dissenting views, particularly when people are providing support for them.

Oh and I'll be continuing to post here. But thank you for your suggestion that I do the contrary. :)

I don't have the Gift of the Gab like some people on here have so I can find it hard to Explain Things

I don't have the Gift of the Gab like some people on here have so I can find it hard to Explain Things
That perfectly fine, and I think I speak on behalf of the forum when I say we accept that. What I don't particularly like is that in this instance you're expressing a dissenter and overtly negative opinion of people performing their role with no support or evidence to back it up. I don't think it's fair to be casting those kind of judgements without anything to support them.

The only people that can make a fair and reasonable judgement on the performance of development coaches are internal to the club. We just have to trust them.

Edit: I should also preface this with you're not the only one, but I think sometimes the passion that you support the club with can make your positions come across as overly harsh and that was why I felt the need to reply.

That perfectly fine, and I think I speak on behalf of the forum when I say we accept that. What I don't particularly like is that in this instance you're expressing a dissenter and overtly negative opinion of people performing their role with no support or evidence to back it up. I don't think it's fair to be casting those kind of judgements without anything to support them.

The only people that can make a fair and reasonable judgement on the performance of development coaches are internal to the club. We just have to trust them.

Well from the Performances from the 1st 4 Games. Trust is Pretty Limited thing at the Moment

Here's my big call of the year. Cloke needs to go back to the magoos and find some mojo. He is so far from the player we know he can be that it's clear to me he has completely lost confidence. I'm not convinced at this stage in his current form he would be missed as much as first thoughts might suggest.

Pies players are coming to my school today. Luckily it's Elliott, Frost, Gault, Golds and Goodyear - meaning they're off the hook from me and a grade 6 tease for yesterday's performance.

Blair must go - and hopefully never to return to AFL team. The ultimate KPI for any forward is number of goals kicked. He's on zero after four games. I've never understood what the Blair supporters see in him. He never hurts the opposition on the scoreboard, rarely creates goals for team-mates and struggles to make the distance on set-shots longer than 35m. The comparisons with Puopolo have always been laughable and look utterly ridiculous now. Broomhead as a straight swap and suddenly we look classier and more potent.

Frost needs to come back in if Reid's too sore and we should reward one of the youngsters performing well in the VFL - Smith or Phillips - with an ANZAC Day debut in Toovey's place.

If Cloke's injured, replace him with Cox. Giving Cloke a week off then bringing him back through the VFL for a couple of weeks might revive him.

OUT: Reid (inj) Cloke (inj) Blair (omit) Toovey (omit)
IN: Frost Cox Broomhead Smith/Phillips

Reid out really hurts but the other three look like upgrades!

(I've got no idea who takes our kick-in duties......Pendles? Varcoe? Sidebottom? Crisp?)

No Swan, Elliot and now Cloke gives us some chance.
There will be some good match ups in the mid-field -I think Bird will try tag Treloar, Goddard & Zakka will go head to head with Pendles & Sidebottom, and then there will be other possible match-ups like Z.Merrett V Adams.
Should be a cracking game you guys have your backs to the wall I'm expecting a much better showing from the Pies than what you have dished up over the last couple of weeks.
Good luck - lest we forget

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OUT: Cloke (injured) Toovey Sinclair (concussion)

IN: Broomhead Smith Cox

B: Langdon - Brown - Oxley
HB: Smith - Moore - Varcoe
C: Howe - Pendlebury - Sidebottom
HF: DeGoey - Reid - White
F: Fasolo - Cox - Blair
R: Grundy - Treloar - Adams

INT: Greenwood - Crisp - Broomhead - Aish

Out: cloke (injured), Moore (6th terrible game in a row this year), Fasolo (not due for his next good game for another fortnight), Langdon (delisted)
In: crocker, Broomhead, Goodyear, Cox

Going small this week. Our tall forwards can't get a mark, goal or even a kick anyway so why not try some smaller nippy blokes. We can't hit a target anyway so the ball should be on the deck for majority of our forward play

On notice. Treloar

Last edited:
OUT: Cloke (injured) Toovey Sinclair (concussion)

IN: Broomhead Smith Cox

B: Langdon - Brown - Oxley
HB: Smith - Moore - Varcoe
C: Howe - Pendlebury - Sidebottom
HF: DeGoey - Reid - White
F: Fasolo - Cox - Blair
R: Grundy - Treloar - Adams

INT: Greenwood - Crisp - Broomhead - Aish

I really like that side but I think you have Reid and Moore in the wrong positions. And a big one, you completely forgot to drop Blair.

Blair must go - and hopefully never to return to AFL team. The ultimate KPI for any forward is number of goals kicked. He's on zero after four games. I've never understood what the Blair supporters see in him. He never hurts the opposition on the scoreboard, rarely creates goals for team-mates and struggles to make the distance on set-shots longer than 35m. The comparisons with Puopolo have always been laughable and look utterly ridiculous now. Broomhead as a straight swap and suddenly we look classier and more potent.

Frost needs to come back in if Reid's too sore and we should reward one of the youngsters performing well in the VFL - Smith or Phillips - with an ANZAC Day debut in Toovey's place.

If Cloke's injured, replace him with Cox. Giving Cloke a week off then bringing him back through the VFL for a couple of weeks might revive him.

OUT: Reid (inj) Cloke (inj) Blair (omit) Toovey (omit)
IN: Frost Cox Broomhead Smith/Phillips

Reid out really hurts but the other three look like upgrades!

(I've got no idea who takes our kick-in duties......Pendles? Varcoe? Sidebottom? Crisp?)

THIS! Was about to write the same thing and a return of 2 behinds in 16 quarters of footy is unacceptable!

I think White needs to go out of the side too - he's not a defender's @sshole! And don't get me started on Langdon!

Out: Cloke (injured), Sinclair (Concussion), Blair
In: Cox, Frost, Broomhead

Frost will at least provide pace and if he can play in front then will be able to provide some rebound
Broomhead looks to have recovered from his shoulder and hopefully back to 2014 form
Look, big Mason is raw but he's going to at least be able to bring the ball to ground and provide a contest against Leuenberger.

THIS! Was about to write the same thing and a return of 2 behinds in 16 quarters of footy is unacceptable!

I think White needs to go out of the side too - he's not a defender's @sshole! And don't get me started on Langdon!

Blair makes himself look busy with those stumpy little legs pumping like crazy but he really has no IMPACT and that's what its really all about. We need a team full of DAMAGING players who have genuine IMPACT on their position and DICTATE the outcome of the match.

None of Blair, Macaffer and now (sadly) Toovey or Goldsack pass that test. They are all well past their used-by date. We have well and truly seen what they all offer and none of them have further upside. We ain't in contention this year, so far better to play youngsters who want to attack the game and accept that they'll make mistakes as part of the learning process. We might unearth a gem or two.

No Swan, Elliot and now Cloke gives us some chance.
There will be some good match ups in the mid-field -I think Bird will try tag Treloar, Goddard & Zakka will go head to head with Pendles & Sidebottom, and then there will be other possible match-ups like Z.Merrett V Adams.
Should be a cracking game you guys have your backs to the wall I'm expecting a much better showing from the Pies than what you have dished up over the last couple of weeks.
Good luck - lest we forget

The fact that it should be a cracking game is a pretty big insult to us.

But pretty true at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back