Preview Rd 6. Gold Coast v Adelaide. Metricon, Sat 5:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

May should of punched him in the side of the head, he would of only got 2 weeks

Its an absolute disgrace.

May performed a well executed legal bump. The ball was well within 5 metres. He didn't leave his feet. He tucked in his elbow and bumped Rockliff in a split second decision, which was the right one. Unfortunately it did get Rockliff high and a free kick should have been given to Rockliff. Thats where it should have ended.

Whats even more criminal is that Yarran gets the same penalty. He punched a guy in the face when the ball was 75 metres away. Similarly Luke Hodge gets the same penalty for a forearm to the throat of a player when the ball was nowhere near.

The tribunal should be there to eliminate dangerous plays by suspending players who intentially break the laws of the game to injure/hurt another player. The actual intentions and core values of the AFL tribunal need to be re-assessed and quickly.

By all reports Bennell came to training smelling of alcohol the day AFTER going on an all night binge in Brisbane. The other two had beers at their friend's place.

Poor form.

By all reports Bennell came to training smelling of alcohol the day AFTER going on an all night binge in Brisbane. The other two had beers at their friend's place.

Poor form.
Real poor from Bennell if true. Needs to pull his head in. Matera and Mckenzie while didn't really do a lot wrong, if they made a group agreement over it and then break it, well something has to be done.

Yep I'm happy to go backward to go forwards, set the precidence, play with a squad that can't win in the NEAFL but show exactly the culture that's expected at the club. Then come trade time players can either stay and want to be a part of our culture, or simply piss off, no one is bigger than our club.

The guys playing mainly NEAFL may actually play with the desperation that should be expected.

Ok, this has got to be the most tumultuous week in Suns history. Let’s break down what this means for our team to play Adelaide on the weekend.

FB Leslie Schade Kolo
HB Lemmens Thompson Saad
C Shaw Rischitelli Harbrow
HF Miller Lynch Sexton
F A Hall Dixon Stanley
R Nicholls Prestia Glenn
Res: Lonergan Hallahan Russell
Sub: Raines

Now Thompson and Sexton are listed as “Tests” and if they don’t get up there is only 4 other players from which to pick.

Clay Cameron has to come in for Thompson but the Sexton one is a little harder.

Andrew Boston cannot be considered because he is simply not fit enough to play first grade yet. (which is a great shame because I seriously rate him and think he can be a top 22 player even with everyone available)

Peter Wright should not be considered because we are trying to shield him from the cut and thrust of AFL footy and Adelaide are amongst the most mature bodies in the comp.

Josh Hall should not be considered unless there is a high jump competition at half time.

So if Sexton doesn’t get up, we may have to get on a plane and persuade Timmy Sumner that his unique brand of running around and around the footy without actually ever touching it can be of great use to us this weekend.

Are you a chance to upgrade any rookies this week? Apologies if this has already been discussed but I am not familiar with your rookie list.

We can upgrade 2 rookies as long term injury replacements (Swallow and Garlett).
Have already upgraded Broughton and Saad before round 1 (allowed for teams that don't have any listed veteran players), then Josh Glenn was upgraded last week as a replacement for O'Meara. Not that many left on the rookie list!

Club has apparently already decided to upgrade Andres Raines this week since we need some experience, and he can tag Dangerfield.

It's a funny old game. If you blokes can win this it's really something for you to build a club and a culture on.

I know it's really unlikely BUT you are going to get the Crows rocking up complacent after all the dramas you guys are having and probably won't be as switched on as they should be. So you know, once in a while you do get a really random result. Just got to get your players to go crazy attack mode and hope for the best.

I agree with the suspension of players who can't honour their promises to the playing group, but I am wondering why such a promise was made in the first place.

It's a bit harsh to not let your players celebrate their first win for the year, especially when they managed to clobber their opposition by ten goals. Need to reward success, too.

This is not the first time they have been drinking, in fact its not the first time in the last 4 weeks. they are professional athletes getting big money, time they started acting like it

It's a funny old game. If you blokes can win this it's really something for you to build a club and a culture on.

I know it's really unlikely BUT you are going to get the Crows rocking up complacent after all the dramas you guys are having and probably won't be as switched on as they should be. So you know, once in a while you do get a really random result. Just got to get your players to go crazy attack mode and hope for the best.

Mate we have lost our last 2 games. They will want to respond, so complacency won't be a issue.

I suppose going in to this game so depleted and with players not buying into the culture we have a chance to make it a positive by getting close to the Crows, a win would be the making of the team but even a close (less than 30 points) loss would in some ways be viewed very positively. It would also show that we are competitive without the rock stars of Gold coast football.

I will be there cheering on the boys, hoping that they can cause a massive upset and put this ship back on course. Go Suns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently story about to break that another 6/7 players were drinking on weekend. Including some nefl players and some bigger names including Dixon who had glass of red with parents.
(Source 3aw/5aa)
would have thought if were the case it would have been done at the same time as the other 3?

Wonder if Gary and Zac had a wine on Sunday at church. More suspensions!!

He is correct.. Unfortunately..
Fecken hell the club is in turmoil.
Adelaide to win by over 39.5 paying $2

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/splits-emerge-as-more-gold-coast-suns-players-caught-up-in-alcohol-row-20150506-ggvqp3.html

Ben,,, as if the injury list is bad... now all this s**t... Rocket Eade must be spewing,, we appear to have a bunch of big headed players that think wins will just happen at this level because all the hype has been about how good the Suns are.
Credit must go to GWS in appointing the legend, Kevin Sheedy as coach for their first 2 seasons,,as it appears he has laid down the foundations in the way to go about having success, in all areas of the club, not just the playing list. Must say, if we had him as the inaurgal coach, I think things may have been different at our club now,,,,,
Really,, there are some serious issues here now. Rocket has inherited this ... I feel the board knew there were these problems festering last season, hence the sacking of Bluey, without to many reasons why. !!!!

If you are a Crows player, what is your idea of an outcome? Easy game.

Suns turn up, they can win. I write nothing off.

If you are a Crows player, what is your idea of an outcome? Easy game.

Suns turn up, they can win. I write nothing off.
Maybe Rocket could get Steven Bradbury in to talk to the playing group tomorrow and offer some inspiration?

Maybe Rocket could get Steven Bradbury in to talk to the playing group tomorrow and offer some inspiration?
Agreed. If the Suns think this is adversity...and it is, then realise that you can still win! Turn up to play. Anything can happen!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back