Rd 8 Team V St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Him being in and out of the side is whats hurting his chances at the Eagles as it shows when we played Eric & Will in as many games in a row as possible they have come in leaps and bounds..but because Darren Glass is fit its hard for Brown to really fit into the team as we would be too tall and he wouldn't be playing his proper position. Ideally when Glass retires it will be Eric as FB , Brown as CHB and Will as 3rd tall. But im not to sure how long he is willing to stick around as Glass is still pretty fit and very integral to our premiership chances.

Anyone know why Ash Smith didn't make the 25? Two A.Smiths named for Perth, so does this mean he was fit but not selected? Despite his sometimes lazy looking effort, he adds pace and strength and kicking power that the other medium backs (not counting Hurn and Waters) don't have. Thought the team was stronger when he was playing earlier in the year, so I don't understand his omission, if in fact this is the case.

Ash Smith is being eased back into it as this weekends game will be tough and no point come back from a sore ankle as if he goes down early we could be screwed again.

Ash Smith is being eased back into it as this weekends game will be tough and no point come back from a sore ankle as if he goes down early we could be screwed again.
Thanks for that, sounds reasonable, especially considering the abundance of half backs we have.

By the way, do you know what's happened to Mascoulis? Was playing for WP league team a few weeks ago, but seems to have disappeared off the scene altogether. Not playing ressies, not listed as injured. Is he getting fitter, bigger? Injured? I'd be interested to know.

Thanks for that, sounds reasonable, especially considering the abundance of half backs we have.

By the way, do you know what's happened to Mascoulis? Was playing for WP league team a few weeks ago, but seems to have disappeared off the scene altogether. Not playing ressies, not listed as injured. Is he getting fitter, bigger? Injured? I'd be interested to know.

WC don't list their rookies on the injury list

McGovern missed a heap of last season with an injury and we didn't see diddly squat on the reports

How did Scotty Selwood pull up after last weeks game? He looked to be hurting a fair bit.

Only going off the fact that he did a full training with the main group on Monday and has been selected, I'd suggsest he's right. Might have done recovery group for the middle week trainings but I'd suggest if a player is hurt you don't let them train fully on the Monday, especially when there were plenty of sore bodies not training.

Cheers Badger, he has been such a consistent performer this year it was just a bit weird seeing him down last week.

Most people were down for us last week, plus he copped a knock that had a lot of us here very worried, but he'll be right I'd think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bench cut to: A.Selwood, Patty Mac, Sheppard 7 Brennan.

Disappointed that Patty didn't make way for either Stevens or Stevenson :(

Very vinella bench, very similar players & all defensive players

Koby would of been a good inclusion, especially at half forward. Even a better chance for Neates to show something.

How long into the game do you think it will be when schofield runs down Stanley, that the commentators say - geez, Stanley needs to use his pace there......
Extremely rare a commentator will acknowledge Schofields pace.

Takes on player "well that was lucky (Brucy)", runs player x down "player x really needed to be more aware (Tim Watson)", sprints down the centre and kicks the ball into the forward 50 "not sure what he was thinking but it seems to have worked out (Denis)".

Strangely I think its generally only BT who knows that he was a champion runner, probably related to one of his many obsessions (the Geelong Falcons "football factory").

Extremely rare a commentator will acknowledge Schofields pace.

Yup - structurally we don't change with Lycett/Brown out for Schofield/Naitanui - but geez we add a lot of pace and agility.

I do look at our side and think who is playing forward

Hurn, Waters, Schofield, Glass, Emac, Selwood, Butler, Brennan, McGinnity

He trialled Beau down there last week apprently (didn't see game)- wonder if he'll start that again, perhaps Shep trying to crumb goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back