Rd 8 Team V St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Priddis has not trained all week and in serious doubt evidently .

The Essendon tackler NLM should have got a week or two due to the injury effect on Priddis , I thought the MRP looked at the affect of Incidents :confused:

I really hope Stevens gets a full run - no sub crap. Shepard can do that. Id probably play McGinnity on Milne.Sounds weird but he may take Milney out of the game .

Id drop Swift,Stevenson and Adam Selwood.I know heaps of you guys froth on A Selwood but he is taking up space from a future young gun. Brennan and Shepard are both examples.

Good to see Schofield and Natty in.Give Smith time out or WAFL.

Were is a damn centre half forward and small forward though. Dont think Lynch is up to it.Can Brennan play forward?

Butler lucky to keep spot. Brennan,Smith and Shepard must be giving him sleepless nights.

If Stevens fires up and smashes into some rugby type packs in the forward line and gets some attention from some Saints back men
we will win by 3 goals. Go guys!

Were is a damn centre half forward and small forward though. Dont think Lynch is up to it.Can Brennan play forward?

Brennan's way not tall enough to play as a centre half forward. I think he's shorter than Butler and Adam Selwood.

Nwman has a corked thigh , so i dont think he wasn't even considered , next week he might debut !

Oh no he wont Hams might be back .

As much as I think Newman will be a gun I'm happy for him to keep developing in the WAFL. He's not tearing it up there, despite showing great signs.

Iam stoked Stevenson finally named hope he keeps his spot.

I know David Teague has been a strong supporter, and has been pushing his case for a while.

I think Lewis if he can be given the game time, and time to adjust to afl level, he can be a really great asset to the side, he is very composed under pressure, and like Hurn has the vision and ability to make foot passes others in the team can only dream about.

Come finals time having Hurn and Stevenson delivery the footy out of defence, will make our transition to attack so much better.

So hope he gets a game.

Also hope we start to use Sheppard more in a midifeld role, we could use more genuine pace in the middle.

Well one thing is for sure, we won't be short of defenders. 11 named.

Surely Stevens will come in to add an extra option at half forward.

And the wing, natural winger with a decent defensive side of his game really. Also trained like a jet on Monday, some absolute gun kicks, not that the first training session of the week would weigh into selection too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really a fan of Swift or Stevens. Stevens is slow-twitch and Swift just seems maxed-out to me, its hard to see where any further improvement is going to come from with him.

Yeh would like to see Stevenson & Stevens for Butler and McGinnity.
Ive seen many people say Brennans done enough to keep his spot but I think the other way.... He hasnt done any thing wrong to deserve dropping.
However Butler, McGinnty, Neates, Lycett and Brown all did F all and deserve dropping.

My Bench would be: Sheppard, Stevenson, Stevens & A.Selwood.

Is Raph Clarke playing? The **** tore us up last time.
No. Has been injured so far this year and only played his first game for the season last week in the VFL.

Had a ripper game apparently, but they probably want to get a couple more into him before he'd be in contention. Even then there are very few spots available at the moment, especially with Gwilt back this week (or next) and Fisher hopefully back next week.

He'll probably have to earn it if he does get back in, but I have a feeling he might get back to his best under Watters, who might encourage him to play his natural, attacking game, more than Lyon did.

Hopefully it's a good one with no injuries to either side. :thumbsu:

Yeh would like to see Stevenson & Stevens for Butler and McGinnity.
Ive seen many people say Brennans done enough to keep his spot but I think the other way.... He hasnt done any thing wrong to deserve dropping.
However Butler, McGinnty, Neates, Lycett and Brown all did F all and deserve dropping.

My Bench would be: Sheppard, Stevenson, Stevens & A.Selwood.

Would be happy with that.

Really would like Stevens to start getting real game time.

Brennan will play. Guessing Stevens/Stevenson and Sheppard unlucky.

ASelwood, Naitanui and Schofield automatic inclusions.

Heard Swift likely to be pulled out of Claremont's game vs Perth. I'm guessing as last minute cover for Priddis.

Iam stoked Stevenson finally named hope he keeps his spot.

I know David Teague has been a strong supporter, and has been pushing his case for a while.

I think Lewis if he can be given the game time, and time to adjust to afl level, he can be a really great asset to the side, he is very composed under pressure, and like Hurn has the vision and ability to make foot passes others in the team can only dream about.

Come finals time having Hurn and Stevenson delivery the footy out of defence, will make our transition to attack so much better.

So hope he gets a game.

Also hope we start to use Sheppard more in a midifeld role, we could use more genuine pace in the middle.

Agree with your comments RE (although thats not unusual)

With Stevenson's size, pace and kicking ability, he should have been a automatic selection in the side for some time. There is obviously a piece missing somewhere.

Note : does anyone else have doubts as to Mitch Brown's future in blue and gold ?

To be fair on Brown everytime he's played forward since his Knee reco we have been getting pumped. Handy to have him as back up as a KPD but whether he'd want that is another story. Maybe if Glassy retired before his contract ended he might be a good stop gap.

If were going to play him forward he's got to do it in the WAFL for mine and get some confidence up to play the role.

Anyone know why Ash Smith didn't make the 25? Two A.Smiths named for Perth, so does this mean he was fit but not selected? Despite his sometimes lazy looking effort, he adds pace and strength and kicking power that the other medium backs (not counting Hurn and Waters) don't have. Thought the team was stronger when he was playing earlier in the year, so I don't understand his omission, if in fact this is the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back