2nds RD18: Magpies v South SAT 2:10pm | Alberton Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Moore was running into goal late in the second quarter and a South hack fell on his heel chasing him from behind which trapped his ankle. He limped off immediately and was proppy for the rest of the game. Otherwise MrSpeaker above sums up the player performances pretty accurately. We did enough to win the match. Have to say, Master's launched several long, I mean long kicks today. If he hadn't we would have had a few more problems moving that ball out from defence. We're not playing all that well and I'm hoping it comes together in the finals. We still need to get Mitchell in this team.

Agreed, south had about 70% of the play in the 1st qtr and probably should have had a 3 or 4 goal lead at qtr time.

In the finals a better team would no doubt exploit an advantage like that, plus ala the Power, the Maggies can be pinned in defence for long periods of time by the oppo coach having players strategically placed outside the 50 to cut off the outlet pass, and when that happens our defence can look very ordinary.

.... Have to say, Master's launched several long, I mean long kicks today. If he hadn't we would have had a few more problems moving that ball out from defence ....
It was a relief because a few times we started doing that sideways/backward kicking when South unaccountably were able to bottle us up in their forward half. The crowd were getting unhappy and it was great to see someone just go 'Fork it!' and boot it downfield.

.... We're not playing all that well and I'm hoping it comes together in the finals ...
It's a tribute to the group (coaches and players) that the best AFL listed players are being stripped out virtually on a weekly basis now. As a competitive team the Maggies are held together with fencing wire and gaffer tape.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back