RDFL Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relocated with work?

Yeah apparently mate. Rumour has it Shepp Bears, Shep United and Mooroopna on the radar. Could be a good move for the bloke to develop his football. IMO he's good enough to have a crack up there. Good luck.

Yeah apparently mate. Rumour has it Shepp Bears, Shep United and Mooroopna on the radar. Could be a good move for the bloke to develop his football. IMO he's good enough to have a crack up there. Good luck.

Would be a good fit at Tatura too, but the fact they still haven't nailed down a coach doesn't sell well.

Simon Clarke signed with the Kangaroos must have been a decent offer for him to knock back some good coin from Doutta Stars and a couple of other clubs

Good get by the kangas clarke is a gun and will be too good for most backs in this comp.Look forward to seeing him play and expect him to dominate.On the money subject im sure he getting a $$ but I guarantee he could of got more elsewhere.Pretty simple if fit he plays if plays he performs end of story.

That's all good and well. But who is getting the ball to him? I've watched them a few times and they lack in every area .

Simon Clarke signed with the Kangaroos must have been a decent offer for him to knock back some good coin from Doutta Stars and a couple of other clubs

$1000 a game whether he plays or not, I'd probably take that aswell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outstanding get by the Kangaroos and they'll really go places next year.. forget the dollar figure.. if more quality players want to play in our competition regardless of price, that's fantastic.. from all reports, we will have a very competitive competition in season 2015 and the gap will shorten between the top four teams and the rest.. as for the Roos, they are making a lot of runs off the field and hats off to Clarkey for coming across, but the off field department of a club has to be attractive and there is no doubt that Sunbury is doing all the right things in that department.. they've started the 2015 really well on and off the field and I'm personally really excited for them :)

That's all good and well. But who is getting the ball to him? I've watched them a few times and they lack in every area .
What's your problem? They go out & sign a gun & your talking negative sh*t! That's a great get for the club & I'm sure they will look at their dificiancies & do something about it, do what are you doing in life that will excite everyone on here beside potting clubs?

Just been reading lots about who from lancefield is leaving and whats happenning
the burketts are qualiity boys and wont just leave because someone touts them be assured
Ben richmond is also a lancefield boy he will talk to lancefield before he signs on anywhere else.

Also with Ash Manning signing on he has more contacts or fingers in more pies than people realise and will attract quality and quantity to the tigers so watch this space. tigers are on the improve

oh and lancytigs if you are really a tiger then stop putting the club and the players down.

we are yellow and black and we are coming.

get on board or get off.

Great get buy meach and the kangas securing clarke. Ive tried for years to get him not only for the fact he can seriously play but also because hes a quality bloke. Some people are narrow minded. Recruiting clarke to play good footy for your club is not even half of it. You not only get a great player and bloke, u also unlock the door for many of the star players hes played with ova the years to come onboard. Great get meach.

Ive gotta say tho im fukin sick of everyone getting on here and posting dollar signs whenever a club signs a gun player.
There are those that get off their arse and make things happen and there are those that sit back complaining!!!!!

It seems everyone in the district knew Clarke was going to Sunbury Kangaroos except the Lions. Was always Roos if he stayed in this area.

Sunbury should be around the mark with him and Fenton.

Player salary caps on the way...... http://bit.ly/1wtaybm

Probably not as big an issue in the RDFL as some of the metro comps?
Ten years ago this league was substandard to say the least, it just wasn't rated around other comps, clubs such as Riddell, Romsey, Sunbury, Diggers & now Rupo, are responsible for raising the bar, this league is only as good as the clubs who participate in it, you only have to look at this years GF, Romsey put on a show they can be very proud of, they also did this in the first night game in the RDFL last season, it's called rolling the dice & having the guts to go out & pay an opposition player who was an AFL star, to play against them to drag in a crowd of around 3,000. This year Diggers did the same. The clubs are working very hard on & off the field to raise the standard of the league, the league cant do it! it's up to the clubs. The clubs who are unsuccessful either don't have the support of the community or don't have an idea how to improve the club on or off the field. Lancefield have rolled the dice, they have appointed a coach from another league who should be able to recruit, a good decision in my eyes, Sunbury have gone out & recruited Clark & the other top teams will be working hard in the off season trying to pull players into the RDFL from other comps, you see we are now an attractive alternative to players as the comp over the last ten years has now got some respect. Bring in the salary cap & all the hard work which has be done over the last ten years, will be for nothing! Yes we will have a more even comp, but it will be substandard and you may get a 1,000 at the GF.

Ten years ago this league was substandard to say the least, it just wasn't rated around other comps, clubs such as Riddell, Romsey, Sunbury, Diggers & now Rupo, are responsible for raising the bar, this league is only as good as the clubs who participate in it, you only have to look at this years GF, Romsey put on a show they can be very proud of, they also did this in the first night game in the RDFL last season, it's called rolling the dice & having the guts to go out & pay an opposition player who was an AFL star, to play against them to drag in a crowd of around 3,000. This year Diggers did the same. The clubs are working very hard on & off the field to raise the standard of the league, the league cant do it! it's up to the clubs. The clubs who are unsuccessful either don't have the support of the community or don't have an idea how to improve the club on or off the field. Lancefield have rolled the dice, they have appointed a coach from another league who should be able to recruit, a good decision in my eyes, Sunbury have gone out & recruited Clark & the other top teams will be working hard in the off season trying to pull players into the RDFL from other comps, you see we are now an attractive alternative to players as the comp over the last ten years has now got some respect. Bring in the salary cap & all the hard work which has be done over the last ten years, will be for nothing! Yes we will have a more even comp, but it will be substandard and you may get a 1,000 at the GF.
I for one think a salary cap or points system should be brought in but if the lower clubs think it is going to help them be successful they are kidding themselves. A salary cap might even up the comp a bit but the good clubs with money will still attract players. I say keep working hard off the field and making money. Even if you can't spend it on players. Spend it on making the club a better, more attractive place. People thought the salary cap would even up the AFL but it didn't. The rich clubs just spent more money on their footy department and now they are thinking of capping that. I say if you can't spend money on player payments spend it on getting the best medical staff and facilities. Reward players in other ways, not just financial, think outside the square. Progressive clubs will still be ahead of the pack weather a salary cap or points system is brought in or not.

We all work for a living surely to christ. I'm happy to see guys rewarded for their time/output so footy doesn't cost families eating into their weekly wages .... but this crap off guys getting $700-750 plus (and much more) to play basic level football has never say well with me. Pox level local footballers are earning more than guys at VFL clubs putting in 3-4 nights a week.

Personally I blame the clubs (not all of them), who offer massive “overs”and then cry poor or blame everyone bar themselves when things don’t go to plan. The smart clubs have smart administrators, have a budget and work to it, and have the vision for sustained periods.

Poorly run clubs blame everyone bar themselves.

I’ve always put any coaching thru my annual tax return so I’m not fussed either way to be honest, but I wonder how many others would be prepared to do the same if local level footy become scrutinised properly?
And who would be the one to scrutinise it all? We still never got answer's to an old league employee who vanished into thin air ...

Disappointing to hear but a hard ask to travel back and forth.
Probably only leaves 2-3 players now on the Burra payroll.

Get your hand off it Jim :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back