Multiplat Red Dead Redemption 2 - Launch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like a RDR that goes further back in time like a prequel as long as they make the guns harder to use. Frustrating inaccuracy, long reload times, jamming.

Let's be honest the game set in 1890 doesn't shoot too much differently to the games set in 2010.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I'd like a RDR that goes further back in time like a prequel as long as they make the guns harder to use. Frustrating inaccuracy, long reload times, jamming.

Let's be honest the game set in 1890 doesn't shoot too much differently to the games set in 2010.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Go play Weird West, shooting it terrible in that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well I have been doing a 2nd play though, 4 years or whatever after it came out and I got it... And mostly because I was so sick of the dogshit reality shows the missus was watching I needed something to invest it...
Holy s**t I've had fun, I'm 61 hours in... And just started chapter 4. I've discovered heaps of s**t I never saw first time around and got so sidetracked in ch 3 that Charles was sent out to find me and bring me back to camp, and I then proceeded to bail and disappear for weeks in game until I got to a town and was forced into the missions that end that chapter as everything apart from it in the game was locked to me :tearsofjoy:

Even the missions that I was dreading or had out me off going again I've enjoyed.

Also I've roped a mate in who is also doing the same and he is having a great time as well, he never actually finished the main story so keen for seeing him react to how it all unfolds from here

I was intending to wait for the next gen upgrade before doing another playthrough, but I'm not sure that I can safely assume that will ever happen

Speculation that RS will announce a next gen patch for RDR2 later this year along with a RDR remaster.

RDR remaster will be similar to the GTA Trilogy remasters hopefully they learnt from their mistakes and not do a half ass job

Speculation that RS will announce a next gen patch for RDR2 later this year along with a RDR remaster.

RDR remaster will be similar to the GTA Trilogy remasters hopefully they learnt from their mistakes and not do a half ass job
Rdr remaster will most likely suck if they go through those mobile phone mobs again

This is probably the greatest game I've played. Just finished my second play through after shelving it for 4 years. It still saddens me to see what happens to Arthur. This time I've saved midway through chapter 4 and now just exploring, hunting legendary animals and doing stranger missions all on my white arabian horse. I've also saved at the end as John, gone to find the strangers Arthur met, graves and living gang members plus I love working around the ranch. 😂

A truly fantastic game.

I don't know what it is I'm just struggling to get in to it for the second time now. Both times I made it to the first proper camp (I guess the start of chapter 2) and then I just find it hard to want to jump back in again. The first few missions seemed like such a grind and for me I think the scope of game is a bit too overwhelming for my tastes. Maybe I'll try push through and hope that it opens up a bit but I feel like it's one of those games where if I don't commit to it and play nearly every day, I just forget everything and lose all interest.

Finally 100%'d this game after 176 hours. Great game, but not a masterpiece 10/10 type thing in my opinion. Absolutely loved all the attention to detail in the map, and enjoyed completing the challenges etc., but just some grievances here and there like the character throttling and having to constantly re-equip weapons for example just really got on my **** throughout. Even the non-stop grunting by the horse whilst riding around was getting overbearing towards the end. Would I play it again? Probably not, but I'm glad I got around to playing it eventually anyway. Solid 8/10.

I've been playing through this again recently and I reckon it is absolutely a masterpiece 10/10 thing, no other game has come close to its immersiveness, and no other in-game world is as alive as this one. Yes there are issues with having to stand in the right place to pick things up and the occasional issue with weapons and also accidently belting people, but they are minor and easily overlooked imo. A pity that Rockstar didn't see fit to utilise that world a bit more with a few single player expansions.

Also, on this playthrough my white Arabian is actually quite brave and hasn't thrown me yet, despite being attacked by wolves and cougars and chased by a grizzly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been playing through this again recently and I reckon it is absolutely a masterpiece 10/10 thing, no other game has come close to its immersiveness, and no other in-game world is as alive as this one. Yes there are issues with having to stand in the right place to pick things up and the occasional issue with weapons and also accidently belting people, but they are minor and easily overlooked imo. A pity that Rockstar didn't see fit to utilise that world a bit more with a few single player expansions.

Also, on this playthrough my white Arabian is actually quite brave and hasn't thrown me yet, despite being attacked by wolves and cougars and chased by a grizzly.
I'm jealous of the people who never played this

Any news on a potential next gen patch?

Thought about starting this (never played) but if it's going to be patched for the PS5 I'd rather hold off until that's done.

If you have PS Plus extra/deluxe, just start it now. You get it for free until September 20th so plenty of time to play through it.

I’ve finished the story to this maybe 3-4 times and spent a fair bit of time online ..

Definitely my favourite game of all time . First time I finished it in 3 days because I just wanted to find out what happened next . Perfect combo of story telling , picturesque scenery , fun activities & map exploring .

Still love it . On the surface though online is crap but I jump on with a mate and it’s amazing how much time we waste just hunting , fishing or doing pointless things.

I wish rockstar didn’t take so long between games these days .. the old days gta used to come out every 2-3 years … I hope once gta6 is out, because rdr2 online is pretty dead that they step it up for rdr3..

I’ve finished the story to this maybe 3-4 times and spent a fair bit of time online ..

Definitely my favourite game of all time . First time I finished it in 3 days because I just wanted to find out what happened next . Perfect combo of story telling , picturesque scenery , fun activities & map exploring .

Still love it . On the surface though online is crap but I jump on with a mate and it’s amazing how much time we waste just hunting , fishing or doing pointless things.

I wish rockstar didn’t take so long between games these days .. the old days gta used to come out every 2-3 years … I hope once gta6 is out, because rdr2 online is pretty dead that they step it up for rdr3..
They're definitely worth the wait though. Although GTA6 is rumoured to be less violent and more PC, which socks.

Hadn't played this in a while, so I started up a new game. This time I'm only giving Pearson rat carcasses for his stew.

I just found out you can pull a guy out of a canoe just like you can pull a guy from his horse. It's fun.

I think this would have been a perfect game if they'd given more attention to the detail on Karen's boobs than they did to horse balls.

Still waiting for the PS5 next gen patch

Dosent even have to be a full blown upgrade like TLOU would be happy with a 4k upscale/60 frames/texture update what are you waiting for Rockstar

It is a travesty that they haven't done this for such a great game.

Making too much money on microtransactions I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back