Religion at the Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.;)

No. Of course not.
I will say this though. I make one tongue-in-cheek comment and people kick-off. Suddenly I'm a redneck... which is weird because God is usually most popular with the uneducated, bible-belt folk.
Anyway, can't wait til I see James Aish on Wickham St waving for honks. Hilarious.

Not sure I understand the point of this thread. Being on the fence about the whole topic I couldn't care less if people believe in God or not. But I am seriously stumped why this is an issue that needs its own thread. To me this is equivalent to oh no Aish drinks Coke what can we read into that..... But Mitch Drinks Pepsi surely he's gone. Or Samboys is clearly Close's favorite chips how is this effecting the playing group?!!?!?!?! I know people have started to be a bit hysterical about all the losses here but come on..... This thread is dumb

I for one am bitterly disappointed in all of you.

The joke is right there in front of you and NO ONE has made it.

*sigh* I have to do EVERYTHING around here...

And here's to you, Mitchy Robinson,
Jesus loves you more than you will know.
(Whoa, whoa, whoa)
God bless you please, Mitchy Robinson,
Heaven holds a place for those who pray.
Hey, hey, hey.
Hey, hey, hey.

(Whoa, whoa, whoa)
Hey, hey, hey.
Hey, hey, hey.
:D:D:D:D:D:D

No. Of course not.
I will say this though. I make one tongue-in-cheek comment and people kick-off. .
I know, you * just one goat... ;)

Suddenly I'm a redneck... which is weird because God is usually most popular with the uneducated, bible-belt folk.
Anyway, can't wait til I see James Aish on Wickham St waving for honks. Hilarious.
Specially as those christian folk are so forgiving and other cheek turnin'. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Respect for another person's belief is a value Australian's used to hold. Today the intolerance is what I find most offensive.

The open insensitivity we see towards Christians, Muslims and the like is disgusting! How about we be a little more Australian about this. And yes I'm talking to you...

Interesting discussion. However, Mitch posted the crying with laughter emoticon with the post, they are clearly taking the piss IMO - my guess is it's aimed at GC players or team mates.

Still seems as if there is a fair bit of religion getting about in AFL circles, I know religion it synonymous with American sports.. I'm sweet if they all want to 'prey before they play' as long as they also... Lay... A tackle or two.

Good morals to follow, questionable 'higher' beliefs is the way I see most religions. Nothing wrong with them as long as they aren't actively trying to convert you.

I have had a lot of dealings with people from every major religion and the people I find the most aggressive in trying to recruit you are atheists. No one trys to force an opinion down your throat like an Atheist. Atheists, animal liberationists and cross-fitters just ugh

I have had a lot of dealings with people from every major religion and the people I find the most aggressive in trying to recruit you are atheists. No one trys to force an opinion down your throat like an Atheist. Atheists, animal liberationists and cross-fitters just ugh

Religions only want to control people through the legal system and education.

Religions only want to control people through the legal system and education.

You just proved my point mate. And by the way I don't follow any religion, I am agnostic. And I refuse to judge or belittle people who feel they need a higher power in their lives. Their life, their choice its not for us to judge. Like I have said this thread is dumb and promoting some pretty shitty points of view

Fighting generalisations with generalisations. You go girl!

(Whoa, whoa, whoa)
Hey, hey, hey.
Hey, hey, hey.

*cough* ;)
God bless you please Mitchy Robinson
Heaven holds a place for those who (can) play
hey hey hey hey
hey hey hey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back