Revival of the "What Music You Listening To?" Thread....

Remove this Banner Ad

What are your favourite songs? Or just ones you are digging right now?

Look em up on youtube, copy the URL and paste them straight into a post to share them here.

I'm always keen to hear new music or peoples take on different tunes.

I'm digging this song called Sirens by Pearl Jam at the moment. Not sure if it's new or not but I've heard it on the radio a bit lately.

From the rap scene, I like Eminem, Just Lose It is a goody, but I like Superman.

Also, a bit closer to home, Aussie rap isn't a brilliant genre, but Kerser and 360 have some decent songs.
360- Killer

360- Name Dropper

Kerser- Don't f… with Kerser

Kerser- Do the Kers

Kerser- Nowhere to go

Like I mentioned, I like a bit of Trance and Techno etc, so this song about Melbourne Club's (Melbourne Sound) by Matty Lincoln goes okay.

Also, Nobody listens to Techno by Tiesto is another favourite.

and just for a bit more versatility, my brother likes all the heavy stuff haha, but this song called Welcome to the 7L7 by a band called Above This is tough as well. It's a bit satanic, but the bass drop at 1:01 is my favourite part. (sounds better with speakers!)

Just a taste of the style of music I dig :) I could link a bajillion songs that I'd be happy to listen to, but I don't have all day haha.

I'm digging this song called Sirens by Pearl Jam at the moment. Not sure if it's new or not but I've heard it on the radio a bit lately.

Cheers, have not heard anything from their latest album, have been listening to a lot of all their other stuff recently though. Need a few more listens of this track to really get a feeling.

Aaaaand Tame Impala win the 3 biggest ARIAs! Hell to the yes! FINALLY a winner that is actually deserving! Their acceptance speeches were funny too, thanking their mums and talking about sitting around eating soft cheese.:D

Psych rock reigns supreme!

Oh, Tame Impala, how I love you so!

Great choice, Quicky! I've been following this guy since about late 2011. His use of reverb-soaked jazz chords and just generally odd chords is awesome. Amazing songwriter. Really unique voice too. He's only 19, and has been making music since he was about 15. I predict big things to come for this young man.

Some highlights:
This is probably my favourite King Krule track - chilled, ambient gorgeousness:

The song that got me hooked (sadly, it's not on his album - Octopus didn't make the cut either). I love playing this song on guitar. It's pretty damn complicated, with odd chord shapes and such, but lots of fun:

Where it all began. His debut single. Fantastic jangley, melodic riff:

Slightly hip-hoppish track. Love the piano. Very relaxing:

It probably shouldn't be in this thread but heck it's music related so. DThomas a while back I started reading Anthony Keidis's auto biography, I haven't finished it yet I think it's still on my iPad but it's a really good insight into his life and the creation of the RHCP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It probably shouldn't be in this thread but heck it's music related so. DThomas a while back I started reading Anthony Keidis's auto biography, I haven't finished it yet I think it's still on my iPad but it's a really good insight into his life and the creation of the RHCP.
I remember reading a PDF sample a while ago, which was about 1 or 2 chapters, but I still haven't gotten around to reading the full thing. I love music autobiographies, and have heard many great things about this book. He has lived an interesting life to the say the least!:p

Might pick it up on Boxing Day. Cheers for the reminder too!:):thumbsu:

I remember reading a PDF sample a while ago, which was about 1 or 2 chapters, but I still haven't gotten around to reading the full thing. I love music autobiographies, and have heard many great things about this book. He has lived an interesting life to the say the least!:p

Might pick it up on Boxing Day. Cheers for the reminder too!:):thumbsu:

I've also got Slashes one that I haven't finished either, and my dad got Gene Simmons as well which I haven't read.

Just listening to RHCP's again, Under the Bridge is one of the most soothing songs and it's so amazing to listen to. There's a live version of it on youtube at a concert and John is just amazing.

I've also got Slashes one that I haven't finished either, and my dad got Gene Simmons as well which I haven't read.

Just listening to RHCP's again, Under the Bridge is one of the most soothing songs and it's so amazing to listen to. There's a live version of it on youtube at a concert and John is just amazing.
Definitely up there as one of the best 90s songs. Just the way it builds up and then explodes. Really fun to play on guitar too.

I'm currently reading a Jim Morrison biography. I'm a massive fan of The Doors, and it's fun reading some of Jim's crazy antics and recording anecdotes, the way the band slowly got bigger and bigger etc. It's called 'Break on Through: The Life and Death of Jim Morrison' and I highly recommend it to any Doors fan.

Loving this Bjork song:

More songs should have harps in them. Underrated instrument.:thumbsu:

I've been getting into Bjork lately. Here's a bunch more Bjork songs that I've been digging.

This one's a bit darker and more experimental:

Great instrumental work on this one, after the first minute or so:

Dat drum sample.:hearts:

Trippy song:

DJ Shadow (one of the best hip hop instrumentalists/producers ever) samples this song on his mindblowing track, Mutual Slump. The vinyl crackling is a cool touch too. Chilled:

Continuing on from the previous post, I love the exotic, Japanese instrumentation on this track. So good:

Great production, and I love the way she lets loose with her voice at some points in this song:

And a goosebump-inducing track to finish off this post. More exotic harp arpeggios and amazing melodies. One of Bjork's best tracks for sure:

These two songs will be vastly different but today seem appropriate.

The first one is a great tune that should have generated more airplay this year. They are a Brissie group based out of west end and really talented. This song kind of reminds of a cross between Cat Empire and Mariachi El Bronx (probably the trumpet) with a twist of Sublime. This song was filmed (largely) in the house of a friend of mines. I hope to see these guys at Woodford this year but they aren't confirmed yet. Fingers crossed.

The Mouldy Lovers - Yonder Ruckus

This next one is for a mate who is trying to manage gravity's pressure.

Pegz - Burn City

Hope you guys don't mind me jumping into this thread, but I watched the movie 'Control' for a second time last night, about Ian Curtis and Joy Division. Great movie, such a tragic story, highly recommend it. Talk about burning brilliantly and brightly for a short period. Curtis was a genius and only 23 when he died.

I noticed a reference to Nick Drake earlier on this thread. Just bought the CD today, 'Way to Blue, the Songs of Nick Drake', by various artists. Listening to it now. Very nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back