Revival of the "What Music You Listening To?" Thread....

Remove this Banner Ad

Another band that I've been wanting to post about for the last month (I heard their album leak, but no songs off it were uploaded to YouTube, so I couldn't post about them) - British psych band Temples. There's still a lack of their songs on YouTube, so this track will have to do for now. I can't wait to post about them any longer! I've been listening to them heaps this summer. Their debut album 'Sun Structures' was just released yesterday, and they've been saturating Triple J for the last week as the feature album.

There's two other cracking tunes called 'Test of Time' and 'Sand Dance' from their album that I can't find. I'll post them when someone uploads them.

Also, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard are releasing their fourth studio album in 18 months on March 7th. It's called 'Oddments' and has awesome album artwork:
1891320_761374970542075_619657097_o.jpg

It sounds like they're going weirder than before after that Vegemite song that I posted the other week. I love this band, and I love that they pump out multiple albums really quickly. I wish more bands would work that way, rather than making you wait years for another album. Can't wait to hear it!

Goddamn, this song is so freaking good! Epic as all hell. It could have easily been a theme to a James Bond movie:

One of the two Temples songs that I mentioned in my previous post has now been uploaded. Still waiting on the second one. Lose yourself in their earthly, psychedelic vibes:

And the new Mac DeMarco album leaked two months before the release date. I just couldn't resist giving it a listen and it is extremely good. It's similar to his previous album '2', but also different in a lot of ways. Can't wait for the official release. This guy should be huge by now. Check out this epic song before it gets deleted from YouTube:

"Well my great granddad he died of cancer, from smoking too many cigarettes, but I must confess that he did quite profess to being the coolest motherfcker I ever met...."

That is lyrical gold. I love that. It hits reality. For me anyway. Plus it is some edgy, raw, twangy, alt punk style music. Love it.

Andrew Jackson Jihad - Cigarettes:

Yesss! Another Primus fan! Their funky weirdness is so addictive.

Mate I cut my teeth on that music. Primus are ultimate to me. Sail the Seas of Cheese and Brown Album are key. Especially Seas of Cheese.

Sgt Baker

Here come the bastards

Is it luck (absolute favourite of mine)

Tommy the cat (more than a little element of Wolfman Jack in the vocals here)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB9dIieS7KQ

Last edited:
No way! That is so good! I remember being disappointed when they all disappeared, especially since I usually post an adjective to describe the song and then the song itself, without the actual song title or band name.:p

F*ck yeah, Sabbath! Speaking of epic riffs:

I've loved that song for about a million years, but had never known what some of the lyrics were until watching the vid. Thanks DT.

Incesticide by Nirvana is a fantastic album. All the way through. It's overshadowed by their other albums but in my mind is equal. I really love these songs. I always considered them pop songs but some I'm sure will disagree.

Son of a gun:

Turnaround:

Majorly getting back into Electric Wizard again - the heaviest f*cking band in the universe! Psychedelic, bouldering, crushing doom for the win!

I've posted a few videos of them in here, so I'll post some different ones that I haven't posted before.

This riff - my god! Earth-shatteringly huge! Wait for the psychedelic freak out section near the end:

A more uptempo one - newbies would probably get into this one more than the above one:

Off their latest album, 'Black Masses'. Easily their most psychedelic album, and it goes for a more '60s, Black Sabbath-y, horror movie vibe than their previous work:

And finally another track from one of their most under-appreciated albums, 'Let Us Prey'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Majorly getting back into Electric Wizard again - the heaviest f*cking band in the universe! Psychedelic, bouldering, crushing doom for the win!

I've posted a few videos of them in here, so I'll post some different ones that I haven't posted before.

This riff - my god! Earth-shatteringly huge! Wait for the psychedelic freak out section near the end:

A more uptempo one - newbies would probably get into this one more than the above one:

Off their latest album, 'Black Masses'. Easily their most psychedelic album, and it goes for a more '60s, Black Sabbath-y, horror movie vibe than their previous work:

And finally another track from one of their most under-appreciated albums, 'Let Us Prey'.

Haven't had time to listen to them all, but the second one is actually good. Never thought I'd be into this genre.

Haven't had time to listen to them all, but the second one is actually good. Never thought I'd be into this genre.
I knew that more people would dig the second one. It's much more rocking than their other stuff. I like all of their stuff though - their punishing slow-tempo doom, and the faster, more rockier stuff. Doom metal is a pretty tough genre to get into if you're new to it, but once you do it just sounds incredible. Electric Wizard are the kings of doom metal.

There are certain things that I look for in art. This is true of any art. Film, music, an oil painting, poem, sculpture or some graff. And that's emotion. To me this is critical.

I love this song for this reason. Rolling Stones - Angie

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard's 4th album in 18 months, 'Oddments', is released tomorrow. I'm assuming that you will be able to stream it at this link tomorrow:
http://kinggizzardandthelizardwizard.com/album/oddments

I heard this song again on the radio in the car today and was absolutely pissing myself by the time he gets to the "and we'll have toast with avocado, and tomato and veeeeeeegemiiiiiiiite" line.:D Most bizarre thing ever; and that's not even mentioning the crazy music video! Lose yourself in the weirdness here:

I think this track will probably be an anomaly amongst crazy, fuzzed-out, psych-rock jams, but it's still a funny little track. It gets pretty damn catchy too. Vegemite forever!:hearts:

P.S. we need more sound cloud in this thread. DThomas looking your way mate, we need some Zeppelin in here.
Oh-ho-ho! You're opening up a huge can of worms there, Quicky! I could easily post a million classic albums, but a list would probably be better than loads of YouTube videos.

DThomas' must-listen, classic 60s/70s albums!
Led Zeppelin - I - II - III - IV
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced? - Axis: Bold As Love - Electric Ladyland
The Doors - self-titled - L.A. Woman - Strange Days - Morrison Hotel
Pink Floyd - The Piper at the Gates of Dawn - A Saucerful of Secrets - Meddle - The Dark Side of the Moon
The Beatles - Revolver - Sgt. Pepper - Magical Mystery Tour - Rubber Soul - Abbey Road
Black Sabbath - Paranoid - Master of Reality - Vol. 4 - self-titled
The Rolling Stones - Beggars Banquet - Let It Bleed - Sticky Fingers - Exile on Main Street
Cream - Disraeli Gears - Fresh Cream
Can - Tago Mago
Frank Zappa - Hot Rats - Freak Out! - Absolutely Free - Apostrophe (') - Over-Nite Sensation - Zoot Allures
Jefferson Airplane - Surrealistic Pillow
The Stooges - Raw Power - self-titled
Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum - Outsideinside
The Velvet Underground - The Velvet Underground and Nico
Deep Purple - Machine Head
Soft Machine - Volume Two - Third
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew - In a Silent Way
MC5 - Kick Out the Jams
David Crosby - If I Could Only Remember My Name
Big Brother and the Holding Company - Cheap Thrills
Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
Nick Drake - Pink Moon
The Allman Brothers Band - At Filmore East
The United States of America - self-titled
Arzachel - self-titled
Iron Butterfly - In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida

This is all off the top of my head, so I've probably missed some. You'll find a lot of rock music in there, some very obvious choices and some more obscure stuff. A bit of jazz thrown in amongst the rock music, a whole lot of psych, some early heavy metal and a sprinkling of folk. Hopefully there's something in there for everyone. Yes, it's a massive list, but listening to these albums will change your life. Anyone willing to take up the challenge - congratulations and good luck!:):thumbsu:

This is only 60s/70s stuff - I could probably do this for every decade. Music is just the greatest thing ever!:hearts:

Also, absolutely loving King Gizzard's new album! It's so freaking weird - I love it! Every song sounds warped and f*cked-up.

Highlights include:
Work This Time - hands-down, best song on the album! Good lord, what a beautiful song! Gorgeous melody.
Homeless Man in Adidas - great little acoustic track - yes, King Gizzard and acoustic together - wat.
Hot Wax - f*ck yeah! Warped, sleazy, boogie jam. The guitars sound like they are melting!
Alluda Majaka - Indian-inspired organ solo with crazy drums and noises - great opener.

Stream it here:
http://kinggizzardandthelizardwizard.com/album/oddments

Remove this Banner Ad

Back