Revival of the "What Music You Listening To?" Thread....

Remove this Banner Ad

BringoutheGimp ..... Where's Dalaras, or karnavas?? Or diounisiou? Just none of that sakis rouba crap....

Anyway.

Anyone here listen to system of a down?

I bought the straight outta Compton album a few weeks back. It's ok. Nothing great. Nothing in the last 15 years or so in terms of rap has anything on the golden era of rap (very late 80s and early to late 90s)....

BringoutheGimp ..... Where's Dalaras, or karnavas?? Or diounisiou? Just none of that sakis rouba crap....

Anyway.

I bought the straight outta Compton album a few weeks back. It's ok. Nothing great. Nothing in the last 15 years or so in terms of rap has anything on the golden era of rap (very late 80s and early to late 90s)....

Straight Outta Compton blew minds in its time, and rightly so. It has a place in pantheon. True enough, though, it hasn't dated especially well. Illmatic by Nas, on the other hand, is timeless in its glory. :thumbsu:

Straight Outta Compton blew minds in its time, and rightly so. It has a place in pantheon. True enough, though, it hasn't dated especially well. Illmatic by Nas, on the other hand, is timeless in its glory. :thumbsu:

Im talking now about the soundtrack/album for biopic/movie. I incorrectly called it straight out of Compton.

As for SOC, I think it's aged well.

As for illmatic in not too familiar with it. But I'll take your word it - I'm ituning it as we speak. Will give it a run tomorrow.

Im talking now about the soundtrack/album for biopic/movie. I incorrectly called it straight out of Compton.

As for SOC, I think it's aged well.

As for illmatic in not too familiar with it. But I'll take your word it - I'm ituning it as we speak. Will give it a run tomorrow.

Did you download? Any love for the great man, Spartan?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for sharin' dat! Not heard of 'em before. Found this 'un on yoochoob

Best band I've heard in the last 10 years - they're coming out to Oz in support of Sabbath next year - really hoping they do a separate show.

Anyway.

Nothing beats Tupac for mine, then daylight, then Biggie, then daylight, then the rest. I read an interesting article suggesting Kanye West killed gangsta rap, his album went head to head with 50 cent in 05-06 and there hasn't been a true gangsta rapper since then.. which is a shame because that's what I love.

But it could be argued Eminem watered down rap before Kanye...

Nothing beats Tupac for mine, then daylight, then Biggie, then daylight, then the rest. I read an interesting article suggesting Kanye West killed gangsta rap, his album went head to head with 50 cent in 05-06 and there hasn't been a true gangsta rapper since then.. which is a shame because that's what I love.

But it could be argued Eminem watered down rap before Kanye...

There's too many good rappers. Old ones anyway. Tupac, Biggie, dre, ice cube Dmx, bone thugs, snoop, Naz (JB1975), E,.... Most stuff from 97 and back is good. After 97 the new wannabes were either trying to be Tupacs or just not great.

I'm sure I'm forgetting heaps. But yeah. Hard to beat the old stuff. New stuff is only about how much money they've made or what cars they own.

Ah Ronnie, why did ya have to leave us? If he was still with us I'd be buying a concert and plane ticket for the upcoming Rainbow gigs in Europe. Alas.....

Ah Ronnie, why did ya have to leave us? If he was still with us I'd be buying a concert and plane ticket for the upcoming Rainbow gigs in Europe. Alas.....
Magical man - I remember buying Rainbow Rising and hearing his voice for the first time - amazing power.
Apparently the set list will be heavily loaded with Dio songs
Still half tempted to go anyway. Blackmore has a knack for finding vocalists of pure quality

Magical man - I remember buying Rainbow Rising and hearing his voice for the first time - amazing power.
Apparently the set list will be heavily loaded with Dio songs
Still half tempted to go anyway. Blackmore has a knack for finding vocalists of pure quality
I was under the impression that it would be all ex-members and as such, JLT would be on vocals - he just doesn't cut it for me - ok in a studio but what I've watched of him live is very average. Prefer Bonnet but don't know if he's still performing/interested/alive?

I was under the impression that it would be all ex-members and as such, JLT would be on vocals - he just doesn't cut it for me - ok in a studio but what I've watched of him live is very average. Prefer Bonnet but don't know if he's still performing/interested/alive?
Bonnet is still alive. JLT has been ruled out.(thank God) "Somebody new" is the official word. Set list will contain mix of Purple and Rainbow stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back