VFL Richmond V Casey - Sunday 2.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Very young side today in the vfl
Aarts basically the only older body with afl experience
Will be good learning experience for the young cubs
Especially in the middle and basically no forwards

Made the best team in the competition look second rate in the first, then fell away as the game went on
No doubt older heads in Caddy, Parker and even Mansell/RCD would of made a difference

Can’t fault the endeavour

Didn’t watch it but the stats looks decent for Ryan
Tired towards the last gave away a fair few free kicks (some he was definitely pretty stiff to cop)
But looked solid considering he was a solo ruck and only forward target for the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Many more mature bodies and with AFL games for Casey you all realize right?
Melksham, Baker, Daw, McDonald, so not unexpected by the last quarter, they would influence the game.
More game time for some of our younger players and development playing against senior bodies.
Not sure why their is disappointment in Sonsie... 20+ possies again, so tracking nicely.
Ryan & Biggiie battled all day it seems. Result is irrelevant.

Samson would be killing it if he could clunk a mark.
YEP. I reckon couldn't mark a beach ball with a 5yo kid as his direct opponent. He's very good in the ruck contests and when the ball is in contest on the ground. I still think he's a long way off considering his opponents today were a punch drunk Daws and a developing 20yo kid. Got the wind knocked out of him in the third when he ran into the goal post and fatigued badly. Still gives away too many free kicks.

Sonsie, Stack and Rioli will all make it after watching todays game and I like the way Felau goes about it and I would pick him up in the mid season draft.
Martyn still continues to disappoint and I would delist him as he's a poor decision maker, takes too long to get rid of the ball and then more often than not his poor disposal kills us.

Sonsie, Stack and Rioli will all make it after watching todays game and I like the way Felau goes about it and I would pick him up in the mid season draft.
Martyn still continues to disappoint and I would delist him as he's a poor decision maker, takes too long to get rid of the ball and then more often than not his poor disposal kills us.
I gather with only 6 possessions Rioli didn't spend any time onball?

not much, but his defensive work was excellent. He's still a year away and I like the way he's developing.

Hid closing speed was amazing today, some astonishing run down tackles v speedsters like Oscar Baker, one other quick player too whose name escapes me. I agree still a little time away from being polished enough for AFL footy but has some superb attributes.

MRJ has really come on this year despite having a quiet one today. My only concern with him is that sometimes he actually waits for the oppo to get the ball so he can tackle. He has the wheels and hardness at the footy to just win it himself, has shown in at times this year tho so hopefully just an off game. I reckon all our draftees from last year look like players. Think it can be a really strong draft for us. Biggie has to play next time we have an injury that permits it. Miller played 1-2 serviceable games but there is just no real upside with him for mine. The days of the dour defender are pretty much gone.

Up until now Stack has not been ready, now it is wasting his talent playing down. VFL is a hard gig. We kicked 2 goals in nearly 3 quarters of footy, so it was an arm wrestle. I think the point has been made. He was good especially early when the game was quicker. One touch, tough and moved fast and smooth.

Waiting for Sonsie to kick into action and he did toward the end of the game. Kid has real talent and class. He stood out against an undefeated side today once he got going.

Reckon Sampson showed a bit. A lack of strength in his arms meant he didn't quite hang on to his marks, but was hitting the ball at its highest point and reading it really well in the air. He needs another season and a bit of help, but he showed a bit today, unlike the umps who continue to make up rucking frees.

Missed Cumberland with his x factor and energy.

Biggy can actually play, just needs to get a bit more intensity all game, but he is a smooth mover and has a good spoiler and a decent kick.

Good opposition so pretty good effort considering we played a lot of VFL players.

YEP. I reckon couldn't mark a beach ball with a 5yo kid as his direct opponent. He's very good in the ruck contests and when the ball is in contest on the ground. I still think he's a long way off considering his opponents today were a punch drunk Daws and a developing 20yo kid. Got the wind knocked out of him in the third when he ran into the goal post and fatigued badly. Still gives away too many free kicks.
Nothing wrong with Daw at VFL level. very imposing in the VFL. Way to strong and experienced for Ryan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back