News Rioli slap cops a 2 week ban.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't have picked this one to complain about myself. Willie Rioli has been a good asset for Port when he's been on the field, including last night, but part of earning an AFL paycheck is not taking yourself out of the team through unnecessary and undisciplined acts as we saw last night. We're certainly going to miss his presence over the next fortnight and that's Rioli's fault, not #VICBIAS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In what world are we giving an off-the-ball punch to the jaw 2 weeks?

MRO is happy with 3 weeks for a dangerous tackle because, even though there is no malicious intent, we have to protect players' heads. Why then don't they come down like a ton of bricks when there actually is malicious intent? I don't get it. Is a light punch to to head not that bad?

Attachments

• 20230722221447a_1024x576.jpg
    20230722221447a_1024x576.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 54
Isn’t this the second time this year Murphy’s been punched in the head by a player?

What’s going on?
He kept grabbing Rioli until Rioli said enough, unfortunately umps not doing their job and Rioli not making it more obvious, the same way that Murphy did with the contact. Murphy is going to get a reputation.

In what world are we giving an off-the-ball punch to the jaw 2 weeks?

MRO is happy with 3 weeks for a dangerous tackle because, even though there is no malicious intent, we have to protect players' heads. Why then don't they come down like a ton of bricks when there actually is malicious intent? I don't get it. Is a light punch to to head not that bad?

Where the punch? It’s a bloody open handed slap?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back