Autopsy Roast & toast vs Western Bulldogs and changes for round 22 vs St Kilda

BOG?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No thanks. Would rather play someone who actually has potential at the level if we're going to gift games to a kid.
He has been in the best every week for weeks playing as an inside mid in the VFL. We have one on our list in the position we are pretty deficient in.
How will we know if he can play at the higher level when he has had one AFL game in 18 months. He has improved a lot in that time in the VFL.

It's not about gifting games it's about structures. We need a leading forward with a bit of body to hit the ball and bring it to ground at the very least. Jack gets on the odd one, but Bradtke covers ground at pretty good pace so defenders have to stay with him. He works up to the wing and back. We all hoped Miller would do the job and he half did but is out with concussion so bring in the next like for like. Bradtke is a far harder worker than Miller. Bauer is more your flanker. Yes he dropped a few marks and kicked a few points as you say but has taken a few good grabs and kicked some big goals, so he can do it.
Agree.

ATM, JR8 is neither marking much nor converting much. Is not / cannot cover the ground. Struggles to get the ball to the ground. Does not make opponents earn their possessions.

The Bar is pretty low for a key forward.

If a key forward gets the ball to ground or gets a stoppage, Dusty and Shai say we are the biggest score threat.

Nice to see all these retirees get in early, Next Week it’s all about Jumping Jack & 3x Premiership Skip

Stack up on tissues, gotta have a box for the speeches & a box for their highlights package

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

didn't they say jack is going around again

Nice to see all these retirees get in early, Next Week it’s all about Jumping Jack & 3x Premiership Skip

Stack up on tissues, gotta have a box for the speeches & a box for their highlights package

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
dont count ya chickens before theyre at kfc

He has been in the best every week for weeks playing as an inside mid in the VFL. We have one on our list in the position we are pretty deficient in.
How will we know if he can play at the higher level when he has had one AFL game in 18 months. He has improved a lot in that time in the VFL.
Watched him closely at Southport. He's not a gut runner and doesn't work hard enough contest to contest. But once finals are definitely off the table, I'd play him.

Maybe he doesn't have the tank and needs another preseason. I feel he hasn't worked hard enough in the last couple of off-seasons. Does some good things in games
ATM he is a 'good' VFL player IMO. I'd be playing Sonsie first.

Just no more KMac.... Please

Heres footage of him applying pressure this year:

Halloween Tube GIF by Storyful
I thought that was Ben Brown in a marking contest..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched him closely at Southport. He's not a gut runner and doesn't work hard enough contest to contest. But once finals are definitely off the table, I'd play him.

Maybe he doesn't have the tank and needs another preseason. I feel he hasn't worked hard enough in the last couple of off-seasons. Does some good things in games
ATM he is a 'good' VFL player IMO. I'd be playing Sonsie first.
Sonsie is obviously a better player but he has been average in the VFL overall. Taking time adjusting/second year blues. Having said that his contested game and possession count has been better in the last few weeks so you may be right. The difference is Dow wins his own ball, Sonsie as much, which is more needed at AFL level right now.

Doesn't sound like Cotchin is playing this week. Sore calf.
And nor should he. If hes got even the slightest niggle he should be saved for a proper farewell. I dont want to see him say good bye iced up on the bench :(

Samson in for Soldo
Dusty in for Graham
Sonsie in for Hopper (concussion)
Ralphsmith in for Mcintosh
Grimes in for Rioli (ankle)
Mansell sub out

Vlaustin - Balta - Young
Banks - Broad - Short
Ross - Taranto - Ralphsmith
Bolton - Bauer - Dusty
Cumberland - Samson - Baker
Nank - Prestia - Sonsie

Riewoldt, Grimes, Pickett, Coulthard
Sub: Cotchin

You have 3 forwards on the bench and Grimes. Midfield gonna hit the wall even earlier than normal. Pickett, Riewoldt, Bauer, Martin, Cumberland surely arent all playing together. Can live with 2 of them, the rest should have speed. Forward line is miles too slow given our pedestrian midfield as well, it's so easy to go coast to coast against us.

Bring back 3 small forwards, send Baker back to help out the under siege defence if Rioli is out. Try MRJ, Mansell and Coulthard all together and bring some pressure. MRJ has been poor, but our record when he plays is still far better than when hes out.

Libba is 100% the key to the dogs...

Bont just runs forward, exactly like Dusty did in his prime, but it only works because Libba does the grunt work. McCrae on the other hand nearly farrks it all up chasing cheap kicks, and falling to his knees every possession looking for a free kick

So with no Cotchin and Hopper I'm half expecting Dow to get the call up as we have no other inside mid depth but I'd prefer we play Sonsie in the middle and/or move Ross into the guts and Pickett back onto a wing.

In: Sonsie, Dusty, Grimes
Out: Hopper, Mansell, Kmac, Graham

fb- Broad, Young, Vlastuin
hb- Short, Balta, Rioli
c- Ross, Taranto, Pickett
hf- Coulthard, Riewoldt, Dusty
ff- Baker, Bauer, Cumberland
r- Nank, Bolton, Prestia

i/c- Sonsie, Soldo, Banks, Grimes
sub- Graham

Back