Autopsy Roast & toast vs Western Bulldogs and changes for round 22 vs St Kilda

BOG?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I found this interesting… our workrate in defence compare to attack. We don’t run back hard enough. Our defence is consistently under attack.

Not how this stat works.

Essentially if you have more of the ball when you lose it you will work a greater intensity to win it back. When you have less of the ball you work harder going forward trying to get the ball going forward.

Basically a pointless stat with the lack of context it gives you.

Bolton's pressure was great here to cause the turnover kick by Caleb Daniel. Marlion absolutely would have loved profiting from that pressure.

There were so many "quality plays" not included in the main set of GIFs (mostly because we had some great starts to plays but a lot of them did not finish... not ideal, but that's what you get in a game where we got hammered)

If anybody would like to see the rest of the GIFs from this game, they're from this post -> https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/richmond-gifs.1047662/post-80466393

Nice melt. Are you 9yo? You’d be the first to cry if we played him and he pinged a calf or hammy and was out for the rest of season, only to find out later he went into the game with sore calves or hammy’s.

I agree it never used to happen …. and those were probably the games the players who did play sore got injured and missed the next 6-weeks. Buddy probably played sore a couple of weeks ago … and guess what … he pinged a calf running by himself.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Okay, what about the flu against Brisbane? The flu? Players used to play with the flu all the time. No chance of ‘pinging’ anything there. On both occasions he pulls out last minute for a soft**** reason and the team responds in exactly the same way. Do you think we’re actually an 81 point worse side than Brisbane if Dusty doesn’t play or a 54 point worse side than the Dogs? Those were psychological losses. We missed finals because of Friday night’s loss. That makes it equal to a GF. No one would complain if he played no matter what happened to him. No one. No one. No one in a million billion years. No one. He just didn’t want to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hate the farrken feeling of our club being under a caretaker coach

one of the worst feelings
Doesn't have much stability in a way, does it? Also feels like the caretaker can't do anything they want either, so it's kinda a lose / lose besides having time to interview.

Finals are sort of irrelevant, how far will we get with our forward line in particular. Dusty makes a big difference, but not that much. I think it is time to take a look at a few more players. I would go Bradtke because he is big and strong and potentially could play out of full forward. He leads hard and covers a lot of ground and is not bad off the deck. Sure he hasn't done a great deal to warrant selection, but he is more of a key forward than Bauer, who is a bit small. Bauer might be a player but more your mobile third tall. Brown as well.
Agreed Bradtke hasn’t really done enough to warrant promotion, but at this stage of the season, with finals out of the equation, why not.
If I was mini my instructions would be bring the ball to the ground, hit every aerial contest hard, give out small forwards an opportunity.
Keep it simple for him, no expectations of big bags, pack marks etc, just compete hard, and do what Miller hasn’t been able to do, even the aerial contests

Last edited:
we love them that's why we are carrying three/four Old Timers..... and we also have three/four we are carrying who are young but show potential..... so there's no way known we are anywhere near our top.....Jack Graham, Macca and Pickett aren't getting a game at any club the way they're going at the moment, rioli carrying a 3 week ankle problem, not sure what all the carry-on is about we can still beat the Saints if bolton, balta, cumberland, baker, Taranto, Dusty have good games throw in Jack Revolt who normally has a ripper against the Saints. I'm tipping a very ugly game us 85 sainters 71

There were so many "quality plays" not included in the main set of GIFs (mostly because we had some great starts to plays but a lot of them did not finish... not ideal, but that's what you get in a game where we got hammered)

If anybody would like to see the rest of the GIFs from this game, they're from this post -> https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/richmond-gifs.1047662/post-80466393

GREAT set up plays. Now can you please find one with Taratno setting someone up like that?

From Pickett's perfectly timed front & centre running-past play to the delivery to Bauer and to top it off, it's Bauer's first goal in AFL footy :) lovely

Well done Bauer. Nice kick. I left after this. Was the only reason I stayed after quarter time. Shithole performance at the shithole stadium.

Samson in for Soldo
Dusty in for Graham
Sonsie in for Hopper (concussion)
Ralphsmith in for Mcintosh
Grimes in for Rioli (ankle)
Mansell sub out

Vlaustin - Balta - Young
Banks - Broad - Short
Ross - Taranto - Ralphsmith
Bolton - Bauer - Dusty
Cumberland - Samson - Baker
Nank - Prestia - Sonsie