Autopsy Roast & toast vs Western Bulldogs and changes for round 22 vs St Kilda

BOG?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Too see 2 legends off?
If it's announced before the game that they're both retiring we might get 50-60k to see them off. But if there's no announcement, the way we're playing - especially if we get rolled by St Kilda - we'll be lucky to get 30-35k.

weirdest season ever
we're a game outside the top 8 and bottom 4 lol
Carlton win today and we'll be 2 games out plus percentage.

So that's season over.

Carlton win today and we'll be 2 games out plus percentage.

So that's season over.

We’ll be a game and a half behind Saints and Giants in 7th and 8th spot if the Blues win today.

We will still make it if we win our last 3.

I’d actually prefer it to be over sooner rather than get false hope until the Port game in the last round.

It’s never as good as it seems, and it’s never as bad as it seems (as the saying goes) - but boy our midfield just looks slow - and pretty well has all season. I still remember Rowell and Anderson torching us at Marvel earlier this year, and Dogs just did the same. Lynch and Gibcus back next year will make a huge difference to our spine - we’ve been playing with a banged up old Jack at one end, and an inexperienced tall at the other with poor kicking skills and suspect pass completion. That will change quickly. But the speed of our midfield (including ruckmen) both in leg speed and decision making - has been an anchor to the team for the whole year. And our recent one wood of manic pressure to compensate has fallen away markedly.

I think we have a decent spine to move forward with, but decisions need to be made to move on slow midfielders, and just get some ability to hurt teams the other way. Bolton in there more? At least try some youth in the last few games? Cleverer people than me will know, but the ugly fact is we have a pretty one paced group including Dion, Hopper, Graham, Cotch, Taranto, (and even Dusty has slowed markedly) - and we are getting repeatedly towelled up because of it. You simply can’t carry all of them. Cotch will retire I suspect, Dusty we don’t know future wise, but we need to conjure something from somewhere or it’s rinse and repeat.

We’ll be a game and a half behind Saints and Giants in 7th and 8th spot if the Blues win today.

We will still make it if we win our last 3.
Apologies. I was just looking at Carlton.

GWS do play the Essington in Sydney, so you would think they'd win that one.

It all hinges on us winning our remaining 3 games though. The way we're going I wouldn't even pencil in the North game as a win. Especially with the form of some of our experienced players not looking like getting any better.

Apologies. I was just looking at Carlton.

GWS do play the Essington in Sydney, so you would think they'd win that one.

It all hinges on us winning our remaining 3 games though. The way we're going I wouldn't even pencil in the North game as a win. Especially with the form of some of our experienced players not looking like getting any better.
Finals are sort of irrelevant, how far will we get with our forward line in particular. Dusty makes a big difference, but not that much. I think it is time to take a look at a few more players. I would go Bradtke because he is big and strong and potentially could play out of full forward. He leads hard and covers a lot of ground and is not bad off the deck. Sure he hasn't done a great deal to warrant selection, but he is more of a key forward than Bauer, who is a bit small. Bauer might be a player but more your mobile third tall. Brown as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is become very clear we need some fresh thinking in the coaching department and someone outside the current coaches I believe is warranted as our game plan is too well known by everyone and other teams are doing it better than us now plus we look like we have lost a bit of speed probably as a result of some aging players
Having said we need a coach from outside our four walls I did like the suggestion on this site perhaps get Cotchin to take reins he has some real mongrel in him whilst smiling at the same time
What a stupid idea yeah Cotchin coaching the team next year straight out of retirement we are not in the 50s and 60s 😂

I found this interesting… our workrate in defence compare to attack. We don’t run back hard enough. Our defence is consistently under attack.

Attachments

• IMG_5215.png
    IMG_5215.png
    164.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5214.png
    IMG_5214.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 44
What the f* is going on people?!? Dusty was ‘not ready?!?’ Not injured, not rested, ‘not ready’. Who has ever heard of anything like that in the history of football? The only two games this year where we have not been a chance to win in the last quarter - Brisbane and Dogs - and Dusty is a late out with an ‘injury’ that would never have sidelined a player in the 80s or 90s. Not a champion. Not for a crucial game. The flu and soreness?!? WTF is soreness? I repeat - not injured, not rested, ‘not ready.’ This doesn’t happen. Whatever the reason for that absolute travesty of a decision Thursday night we should not be accepting it otherwise we are not men worthy of the name. Mini announced at his Thursday presser that Cotchin was not playing. You’re telling me he didn’t know Dusty was ‘not ready’ then? He needed another few hours to find out if he was ready? Utter BULLSHIT!! Do not take this lying down or else the club will not exist in ten years because nobody cares anymore.

Nice melt. Are you 9yo? You’d be the first to cry if we played him and he pinged a calf or hammy and was out for the rest of season, only to find out later he went into the game with sore calves or hammy’s.

I agree it never used to happen …. and those were probably the games the players who did play sore got injured and missed the next 6-weeks. Buddy probably played sore a couple of weeks ago … and guess what … he pinged a calf running by himself.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not good enough. We were not going to do anything in finals. Just like the bulldogs who will do about as much damage as a feather duster.

Bont..... great player but carried on like he had kicked the winning goal in a GF......over and over and over again. Flat track bully. Goes missing in big games.

He’s a gun … but that chainsaw celebration when flogging us was next level cringe. Reminded me of Lleyton Hewitt and his “c’mon” when 5-0 up!

He’s a gun … but that chainsaw celebration when flogging us was next level cringe. Reminded me of Lleyton Hewitt and his “c’mon” when 5-0 up!

He was celebrating the money that pauper club gets from us.

I found this interesting… our workrate in defence compare to attack. We don’t run back hard enough. Our defence is consistently under attack.

I check this stat most games and it’s usually the opposite, we usually run harder in defence but our 3 big losses against Brisbane, Melbourne and the Dogs it’s been like this.

Thats probably part of gameplan imo, sprint hard to get into the handball chain. Then if its turned over and leaves the numbers around the ball we get burnt

Back