Rookie List Failures

Remove this Banner Ad

Seaby needs to work on his arm flailing and and other ridiculous attempts to "earn" frees if he is to cover Big Cox.

Coxy's ruck school:

e9282.bluedancer.jpg
Hahahha thats a pisser.
Its my greatest knock on Cox. If we are winning he rarely does it because he's off to hunt the ball, if we are getting done, his flailing and body language are absolutely s**t house to the point of being embarrassment.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind Tunbridge I just am not sold on him being a player down the track. Bennell, McGovern and Sinclair though! good to great players in there. 2010 AFL draft was a beauty for us!

Theres always that small chance one of Swallow or Bennell comes home too ;)

McGovern, Tunbridge, Sinclair, Bennell ... There's been a decent turnaround since my OP :)

In fact, McGovern's now my favourite player and Bennell's up there too :cool:
McGovern and bennell look the goods for sure.Sinclair will be around for a while as we have very little KPF /ruck depth now,not at all sold on Tunbridge yet.Has a great build but could easily be delisted next year if he doesn't improve

Don't get me wrong I don't mind Tunbridge I just am not sold on him being a player down the track. Bennell, McGovern and Sinclair though! good to great players in there. 2010 AFL draft was a beauty for us!

Theres always that small chance one of Swallow or Bennell comes home too ;)

Yeah what's Harley going too do now that campaigner is gone ? Seeing that campaigner was his friend and mentor .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGovern and bennell look the goods for sure.Sinclair will be around for a while as we have very little KPF /ruck depth now,not at all sold on Tunbridge yet.Has a great build but could easily be delisted next year if he doesn't improve

I assume you mean rucks that can rest up forward than a combined depth of rucks and key position forwards as we have quite a few KPP - esp compared to most other clubs.

so does anyone have any thoughts on any mature age wafl guys we should look at this year?

so does anyone have any thoughts on any mature age wafl guys we should look at this year?
I hope we look for some in other leagues around the country. Nobody really leaps out as a must have.

Josh Glenn, if he nominates? But he may go in the draft itself and not as a rookie.

I assume you mean rucks that can rest up forward than a combined depth of rucks and key position forwards as we have quite a few KPP - esp compared to most other clubs.
no I mean we lack depth at KPF and ruck.If kennedy and darling go down I would have no worries with McGovern being the focal point.Im not quite as sure about Sinclair and have no confidence in Mcinnes.Im pretty sure that is the total of our depth.Naitanui can do the odd good thing but you wouldn't rely on him at all for a bag .Lycett looks the goods but I hated seeing our forward line entrusted to rucks this year at times
so like I said I think another KPF would be handy and a ruck too.Dont think we will take both as simpson has stated we will be targeting mids I think so like you said a ruck who can rest forward may be the go.
or..did anyone say mitch clark?

we had a bit of a rough period there with our rookie picks no doubt... but we also discarded a few of them quite quickly particularly callum wilson and andrew strijk.

wilson finished 2010 with 3 and 4 goals and never played again while everyone was raving about the potential of strijk at the end of that disaster years but hardly got another look in. i really thought both of those two, particularly wilson, had chances of becoming good AFL level players. The development of JK and LeCras as well as the recruitment of Darling since has meant our forward line is not really an issue.

ryan davis and adam cockie were another two who would have been unlikely to make it as AFL footballers but were probably discarded 10-20 games before they should have been.

we had a bit of a rough period there with our rookie picks no doubt... but we also discarded a few of them quite quickly particularly callum wilson and andrew strijk.
Strijk should have played a lot more at AFL level I reckon. I know he may have had some troubles with his body but had/has some real talent.

Strijk should have played a lot more at AFL level I reckon. I know he may have had some troubles with his body but had/has some real talent.
agreed. not saying he and wilson would have been guns, but i thought they had pretty good chances (relatively speaking) of becoming good AFL players. They were discarded far too quickly IMO. If nothing else we might have got something for them at the trade table rather than just delisting them.

There's not much IMO. Haiden Schloithe the former Docker is probably the stand out but I'm not sure we need him. I still like Tom Shanahan but I'm not sure he does enough and think there will be better options. Mitch McGovern and Brenden Abbott will probably be looked at because we like Claremont players. There's always other clubs washouts like Josh Bootsma and Dayle Garlett.

no I mean we lack depth at KPF and ruck.

Can't disagree with you more?

How many teams have as many tall forward options as we do? If we lose Kennedy, Darling, McGovern & Lycett to injury I think we can be excused for not having another a-grade forward waiting in the reserves.
And if they are all out, I'm quite confident of a LeCras lead forward line of LeCras, Sinclair, NN, Hill and Cripps.

Backline is even better.

Midfield is our only weakness, should be our only focus in the draft/trade period.

Can't disagree with you more?

How many teams have as many tall forward options as we do? If we lose Kennedy, Darling, McGovern & Lycett to injury I think we can be excused for not having another a-grade forward waiting in the reserves.
And if they are all out, I'm quite confident of a LeCras lead forward line of LeCras, Sinclair, NN, Hill and Cripps.

Backline is even better.

Midfield is our only weakness, should be our only focus in the draft/trade period.
Backline is fine as you say.
good to see you have confidence in a forward line of lecca ,Sinclair,hill NN and cripps.If that was our full time forward line it would be deemed weaker than our midfield.But I do agree that at full strength our forward line is definitely a strength
I do agree tho that the midfield is and should be our priority this draft but I do think we should look at getting another kpf or ruck onto our list .its gonna be hard tho if they keep resigning all of the list cloggers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back