Opinion Rory Lobb (GWS Giants)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Thought should get a thread going on Lobb. At the moment he is contracted end of next season and born in WA. Had a blinder tonight against West Coast. 5 marks, 4 goals. Kicked a two clutch goals towards the end.

He's definitely a better version of Zac Clarke, but knows how to lead and take a grab when needed. Think a player and a pick will be fair, but maybe a packaged deal to get both Lobb and McCarthy will be required to get them in purple.

"definitely a better version of Zac Clarke" understatement of the year. My nan is a better player than Zac Clarke.

A must get for Freo. Get it done boys. An absolute gun but we will have to say goodbye to our pick 3 to get him with McCarthy.

Would rather give them next year's first round.

It ll be moved. But have to weigh up, is it really worth Lobb and McCarthy. I say yes.. We need a Ruckman/forward desperately and Lobb is a step towards that need.

Like I said if we're thinking Marshal or English then it's a no brainer. If we're thinking SPS or McLuggage or Brodie then I guess we have some work to do.

Not often do we have players linked to us... that are needs... and we have the ammunition in pick 3 to give us a serious shot at it.

Somehow instead of McCarthy and Lobb we'll end up with Vickery and Black.

I mean honestly, I'm excited by some prospects but I have no confidence in that we can get anything done.

If we could get both Lobb and McCarthy this off-season our forward line would be set up for the next 10 years. I'd say pick 3 would be on the table and then we could see what we could fashion between our pick next year and the GWS first rounders this year.

Was thinking this myself.

LOSE: Pick 3 and future 1st 2017 maybe Ballantyne .

GET: McCarthy, Lobb and pick 15ish from this year.

Then imagine if English lasted to 15 and we could give him 2 years to develop! Rotham or Macreadie may even be available down at 15.

Not that one eyed is it?

Was thinking this myself.

LOSE: Pick 3 and future 1st 2017 maybe Ballantyne .

GET: McCarthy, Lobb and pick 15ish from this year.

Then imagine if English lasted to 15 and we could give him 2 years to develop! Rotham or Macreadie may even be available down at 15.

Not that one eyed is it?
We can't use this year and next year's 1st rounders, only one or the other, because we used our 1st rounder for Bennell already.

If you guys somehow manage to pull off an amazing off-season and snare McCarthy, Lobb AND Hill, along with a fully fit fyfe, johnson, sandi, pearce, bennell....oh boy, wowee. don't get the doom and gloom tbh, and i f**king hate you guys.

p.s. we dont want ballantyne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a bad feeling WCE will get max value for Lycett and pick up Lobb and Pickett from GWS and we'll have a stalemate on McCarthy.

I think pick 3 by itself won't get it done unless Lobb really rocks the boat. In my opinion he is worth it. If we got McCarthy and Lobb for 3 and Mayne that's a massive win for us, won't happen.

ballantyne and pick 3 for lobb, mccarthy and second rounder maybe. Doubt we would want to go in to this draft with no picks in first or second round.

Coached laughed it off in his presser. Perhaps not much to it.

Back to McCarthy and Hill and keeping our pick 3.

Maybe revisit the Hogan or Lobb deals next year if they remain unsigned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back