Game Day Round 1: Adelaide Crows VS North Melbourne (Brown out, Jacobs in, Turner sub)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same hawk bandwagoner mouthing off on the main board that swallow wouldn't get a game at the hawks.
Generally don't mind them or their supporters....but their arrogance is through the roof and it seems to be pissing everyone else off. When they slide down the ladder, it's not going to be easy for their fans.

I suppose three flags in six years gives fans the right to be arrogant after some of the s**t they endured from the mid '90s, with the proposed merger followed by average season after average season. A lot of our fans had the same arrogance in the '90s after what they had to put up with in the '80s.

Generally don't mind them or their supporters....but their arrogance is through the roof and it seems to be pissing everyone else off. When they slide down the ladder, it's not going to be easy for their fans.

I suppose three flags in six years gives fans the right to be arrogant after some of the s**t they endured from the mid '90s, with the proposed merger followed by average season after average season. A lot of our fans had the same arrogance in the '90s after what they had to put up with in the '80s.
Port posters are reaching hawk levels.

I agree stopping Betts is the big one, I don't know that we have a really good match up perhaps McDonald or Jacobs can be assigned the task of taking him out of the game, and Pods too seems to play well against us.
Hunter has given Betts the mother of all towellings recently. No reason we can't go with that matchup again. Dangerfield is the barometer and will give the coach the biggest worry.

Yeah i've noticed the arrogance of Dawks supporters aswell but ur right 3/6 Flags does that to u and u think its going to last forever but Karma always brings u back to reality IUB just like it did us in the 90s i must admit back then u coudn't shut me up because of our success... They will come back from the clouds sooner rather than later...

Last edited:
Same hawk bandwagoner mouthing off on the main board that swallow wouldn't get a game at the hawks.

Yet one of the few criticisms of the Hawks is that they don't win enough clearances, despite the fact they win regardless. Yep, makes plenty of sense!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Betts - Firrito
Walker - Tippett
Sloane - LMac
Dangerfield - Gibson
Jenkins - Thompson
Smith - JMac

Keep these players in check and win our own one-on-ones in the midfield with guys like Wells and Dal Santo and we go a long way to winning.

Gibbo on Dangerfield is a worry but I don't think we have any other better options, plus maybe hurt the other way with his running power.

Long story, but basically I did a deal with the Devil a long time ago and now she's here to collect
You lucky bastard...

io84wpJ.png

People are forgetting that Adelaide are a very very average football team, without Thompson in that midfield they are very one dimensional in the fact it's Sloane and Dangerfield Vs the world.

We WILL dominate the midfield and hope our defenders break even with their forwards, our forwards will beat them.

Hostile crowd; yeah whatever.
Sacked coach; good luck to them, hope it works out eventually.

If we are a serious premiership threat, a win is a necessity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our midfield hardly dominated them in the games we played last season. At best, broke even.

Our midfield hardly dominated them in the games we played last season. At best, broke even.
From our last game they'll be losing Thompson and Crouch (first and third greatest ball winners in that game respectively) while we'll lose Greenwood we'll be adding Wells, Harvey and Higgins.

From our last game they'll be losing Thompson and Crouch (first and third greatest ball winners in that game respectively) while we'll lose Greenwood we'll be adding Wells, Harvey and Higgins.
But the game moves to hostile territory.
Don't get me wrong - I think we can win, but dominating their midfield? I'm not confident.

But the game moves to hostile territory.
Don't get me wrong - I think we can win, but dominating their midfield? I'm not confident.
If their best fire (Danger, Sloane, Douglas, Smith) and our best fire (Wells, Swallow, Cunnington, Dal Santo, Harvey, Ziebell) we should have them by weight of numbers talented midfielder wise. The issue is that for whatever reason Brad has never gotten the best out of his best players in round 1. This needs to change this year, I'll be real sour if our performance in any way resembles last year's rd. 1 debacle.

Shout out Terry Wallace:

North Melbourne has enough quality and experience to be legitimate premiership contenders but their window to win a flag is already closing, says Terry Wallace.

The Roos won 14 games last season and defeated Geelong by a kick in the second week of the finals before a heavy loss to Sydney in the prelim.

Daniel Wells, Michael Firrito, Nick Dal Santo, Nathan Grima, Drew Petrie, Brent Harvey and Jarrad Waite will all be at least 30-years-old this season.

“They would want to make the top four this year because they’ve really only got two years to get it right,” said Wallace on SEN radio.

“When you look at the age of their squad it is now or never because most of their best players are getting on.”

Wallace believes their midfield could be one of the hardest to stop this season, especially considering that all their elite playmakers are healthy.

“Their supporters should be reasonably excited because I can’t remember a time last year where they had Wells, Harvey and Dal Santo all up and running together,” he explained.

“Those boys are going to go in all fit and you can’t tag all three, sometimes you can only tag one of them.”

In other news at the club it seems that North is keen to again use the Shinboner Spirit term as a motto.

Chris Scott had shied away from the phrase when he took over as coach saying it gave the impression the club was always battling to be competitive, but now it seems they want to tweak its meaning.

“I think they’ve just got to make a decision with whichever way they want to go, it seems to be a bit all over the shop,” said Wallace.

“I don’t have any problems with putting an image on a football club, but if you’re going to do it then stick to it.

“You can work hard and still have class, there’s nothing wrong with that.”

I just watched the lowlights of the debacle that was Round 9 2013.

The win against the Crows late last year was good, but we owe em something more. They should be live bait for us. We should be seething. They should be seen as our kill and our kill only. Bury this mob, bottle everything you have and make them walk off knowing 2015 is going to be a long, long season.

F***, I f****** hate the f****** Crows! Come on North.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back