Preview Round 1: Essendon vs Hawthorne, MCG, Saturday 16/03/24 @ 1:45 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m happy for him to defensive wing. I do want him being a backline player where he always ends up as the outlet kick switch and just slows the play up
He may have to cover one of the small forwards but I know what you are saying . I think a lot only see what they want to with his kicking as given the option he will move it on in reasonable time but yes he is not a player who will take on something a bit risky.

To quote Chris Lewis (cricketer) after not even making the initial 37 man squad for England CWC in 1999

"The selectors are full of ****!"

Menzie and Guelf did nothing in the practice matches

You need skilled kickers and man markers in the backline this does not mean "Puke it up" Pidge and "Hack and dump kick" Heppell

No Hind for outside run and Hobbs was BOG and played 4Q in the VFL sim so don't give me this "not 100% fit BS" when we have no DP3 - RIDICULOUS
Yep first game back and it was not all midfield and it was not actually full game time but hey why let facts get in the way . :cool:

Who do you pick to play on their small forwards ?
I doubt it is Heppell anyway and the knock on Kelly back (if he plays there) is not his defense . He has beaten most small forwards . It is the fact he just picks safe options by foot and does not have the ability to slice sides up.
The main thing is the 5 blokes we need big improvement form are in the side. Cox / Reid / Perkins / Jones / Tsatas.
It was pretty much Heppell v Laverde.
This is pretty much it… if not Hepp, then who? Lav didn’t do himself any favours in pre season games.

I don't actually mind Hepp being there although would like to have found a spot for Hind.

We don't have Ridley, McKay is new, Reid is pretty much new and replacing Laverde, Kelly was in and out last year, so there isnt a lot of stability there. Hepp provides that.

I don't actually mind Hepp being there although would like to have found a spot for Hind.

We don't have Ridley, McKay is new, Reid is pretty much new and replacing Laverde, Kelly was in and out last year, so there isnt a lot of stability there. Hepp provides that.
Hopefully not providing stability, should be dropped next week. (is my wish)

Don’t know why people are complaining about an underdone Kelly and an ancient Heppell.

We are an extremely young and rebuilding team, just look at our average age compared to Hawthorn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watson and Ginnivan in their forwardline.

Their 3rd and 4th best small forwards. Forgot Breust and Moore.

I guess in a broader sense it’s a question of do we think Heppell is smart and canny enough to make up for being a step behind and is he a better option than the bigger and less agile Laverde, or the very green Roberts or Lual.

For the former, I doubt it, but he’s probably a better option than the latter in this specific instance.

I would have rathered whatever the players rathered because that's what they deserved.
No argument from me. As I said, if they wanted to blow the joint up it would have been over a hell of a lot quicker and I would be on the Melbourne Storm board instead of this one. Probably in a happier place with my footy team.

But here we are. Still copping it in the dick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back