Round 1 Line Up

Remove this Banner Ad

I felt a little uneasy when Selwood said they still haven't decided whether to go with the two ruck men with Checkers and McStay permanent forwards or using McStay as a second ruckman. For the love of God, two genuine ruckmen. After last year it's a no brainer. Geelong, Richmond both have two ruckmen. Cox looked awesome in the intra club.

Totally agree, leave Cameron and Cox as rucks. McStay must play as the key forward with Brodie.

B: Brayden Maynard - Darcy Moore - Jeremy Howe
HB: Scott Pendlebury - Billy Frampton - Isaac Quaynor
C: Josh Daicos - Tom Mitchell - Steele Sidebottom
R: Darcy Cameron - Jack Crisp - Nick Daicos
HF: Jordan De Goey - Dan McStay - Patrick Lipinski
F: Jamie Elliott - Brody Mihocek - Beau McCreery
I: Taylor Adams (IM/HB) - Bobby Hill (W/HF) - John Noble (B/HB) - Mason Cox (R/FF)
Sub: Josh Carmichael

E: Will Hoskin-Elliott - Nathan Murphy - Ash Johnson

Confident in this team. De Goey and Sidebottom to spend minutes forward to fill Ginnivan's spot, who will need to pray on a spot opening up for him or he might come back through VFL. Like some have said, which I agree with, Ginnivan isn't part of the absolute core of our side yet and I'm keen to see how we operate without him in our forward half. With midfield minutes maybe a little harder to come by this season, I'd like to see if Lipinski can be an x-factor up forward.

Clown Posse.

What's happening my Juggalo's?

What thread am I in?

pulp-fiction-confused.gif

I felt a little uneasy when Selwood said they still haven't decided whether to go with the two ruck men with Checkers and McStay permanent forwards or using McStay as a second ruckman. For the love of God, two genuine ruckmen. After last year it's a no brainer. Geelong, Richmond both have two ruckmen. Cox looked awesome in the intra club.

They are not going to publicly announce the structure to the whole playing group to have some players lose their confidence or trust in the importance of the next 3 weeks as they would realise they are not part of the plans.

They certainly know their structure and it’s 2 rucks, as McStay has not once all pre season done centre bounce ruck work at collingwood, he’s been entrenched in the fwd line for 100% of the pre season!

I: Taylor Adams (IM/HB) - Bobby Hill (W/HF) - John Noble (B/HB) - Mason Cox (R/FF)

Confident in this team. De Goey and Sidebottom to spend minutes forward to fill Ginnivan's spot, who will need to pray on a spot opening up for him or he might come back through VFL. Like some have said, which I agree with, Ginnivan isn't part of the absolute core of our side yet and I'm keen to see how we operate without him in our forward half. With midfield minutes maybe a little harder to come by this season, I'd like to see if Lipinski can be an x-factor up forward.
I think Lippa will continue what he did last year. High half forward floating through the midfield. Take some CB part of the rotation.

Thoughts:
Im starting to think that with extra midfield depth we may be better off moving crisp back to the backline where he is so good
I think I prefer one ruck to two rucks
I'd like to see mihocek really freed up to run the ground like WHE used to at HFF
I'd like to see sidey moved forward and replaced on the wing

B: Brayden Maynard - Billy Frampton - Jeremy Howe
HB: Jack Crisp - Darcy Moore - Isaac Quaynor

C: Josh Daicos - Scott Pendlebury - Nick Daicos
R: Mason Cox - Jordan De Goey - Tom Mitchell

HF: Brody Mihocek - Dan McStay - Steele Sidebottom
F: Jamie Elliott - Ash Johnson - Bobby Hill

I/S: Taylor Adams - Patrick Lipinski - Beau McCreery - John Noble - Will Hoskin-Elliott

E: Ginnivan - Josh Carmichael - Nathan Murphy - Darcy Cameron

Gee it’s a strong line up. I endorse this. If we can stay healthy, we’ll be there at the pointy end.

Thoughts:
Im starting to think that with extra midfield depth we may be better off moving crisp back to the backline where he is so good
I'd like to see mihocek really freed up to run the ground like WHE used to at HFF

I/S: Taylor Adams - Patrick Lipinski - Beau McCreery - John Noble - Will Hoskin-Elliott

You want to put the bloke who won our last 2 B&Fs as a mid out of that slot and put Pendles in a Time Machine?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You want to put the bloke who won our last 2 B&Fs as a mid out of that slot and put Pendles in a Time Machine?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Potentially. I dont think Crisp has been full time mid throughout the past two entire years.

Im happy with him as a mid, just think he is a great backman as well. In any case, a lot of our scoring chains last year started with him running the ball out of the backline, which is the main point.

Secondly, I dont think this line-up is likely to be our round 1 set up. I guess Im just really pumped waiting for round 1, and Im already thinking about some little changes that may be unexpected but might allow up to be a bit better.

As far as pendles is concerned, the reality is that he wasnt so good as a backman when we tried him there. We ended up moving him into the guts for a variety of reasons. I think he can start offthe bench, or play defensively, but at the end of the day he is really still a mid. I dont think he is so effective as a backman.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts:

Based off training reports looks more likely Pendlebury will be moved back instead of Crisp.

Walk up starts only. The rest ?

B: Maynard ? Quaynor
HB: Howe Moore Crisp
C: Jaicos Adams SBottom
HF: ? Mihocek Hill
F: Elliott Mcstay ?
R: Cox, JDG, Naicos
Int: Pendlebury, Mitchell, Carmichael, Lipinski
Sub: ?

Both Frampton had Hill should be regulars. Frampton should help release Moore further.

Hill can play a number of roles that will help the team - up to Fly as to which role he goes with.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

can't see how its a Frampton or Murphy battle.

Murphy was great last year he may slide out of the team until injuries happen.
Its been mentioned by the coaches and by murphy himself that its him v frampton for that spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back