Preview ROUND 13 - LIONS v CROWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty solid changes.

Disappointed Lester is dropped but happy with Harwood and Andrews in. Harwood hopefully able to curb Betts and good to have Harris back after what seemingly was a huge game in the reserves. Wonder if he'll be played up forward?

Gets smashed in contested footy

Up against the best clearance side

Drops Lester our most influential at centre clearances

Also surprised we stuck with the defence that got dominated last week.

Interesting team selection. Beams was always going to be named and they'll give him until the last minute to prove his fitness. Harwood and Andrews had really good games in the NEAFL so fair enough they come back in, but you would think someone in the backline would have had to make way. Andrews will play forward in place of Lester which is disappointing because he isn't going to be a forward long term, but that's the nature of the situation we are in I suppose. I can't see O'Brien ever being AFL standard player but at least he stuck his tackles last week and that is something we have generally sucked at. And Aish, well he must've trained really well this week I suppose...

not happy with Aish coming straight in to be honest. Gardner and perhaps Mayes should be coming in for Bourke and Beasley, with Lester staying in and Aish in the 2's for me. That allows Harris Andrews and Gardner to play back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit surprised Andrews has come in and neither Bourke or Beasley has gone out. Probably a good thing though - players shouldn't really come in for a game or two and go out again. They're being given an extended run at it which I think is a good way to manage players.

Glad to see Aish back too. In all the drama of his contract I think it's been forgotten that he can be an important player for us.

I'm going to be really shitty if leppa is just leaving Darcy out in order to 'stick with the kids' - Darcy is a heart and soul player and he needs development time too! He better be unfit, or I would be pissed. Sometimes I wonder of he likes the defenders having an average of 3 games as an excuse.

Andrews and Harzy in.

Will Andrews play back though? We can't play Clarke, Beasley, Bourke, Paparone and Andrews all down back. The Crows will have Jenkins, Walker and Lynch who's a third tall really.

I get the feeling we've given up. Focussed on the future moreso than usual.

Will Andrews play back though? We can't play Clarke, Beasley, Bourke, Paparone and Andrews all down back. The Crows will have Jenkins, Walker and Lynch who's a third tall really.

Is Aish the future?

Aish in and Lester out is the strange one.

Pethaps I am cynical or just weary of the whole saga, but I choose to assume that this is merely a value adding exercise with regard to Aish - put him in the shop window for a few games to attract some potential buyers with nice juicy draft picks in their pockets. He adds far less to the team than Lester in my opinion. I think I would have preferred Mayes coming in but I suppose you have to advertise your wares to the buyers out there.

Hopefully Aish will have a great game and a bidding war will begin and we will be showered with offers of wonderful, wonderful single digit draft picks for him.

Bit surprised Andrews has come in and neither Bourke or Beasley has gone out. Probably a good thing though - players shouldn't really come in for a game or two and go out again. They're being given an extended run at it which I think is a good way to manage players.

Glad to see Aish back too. In all the drama of his contract I think it's been forgotten that he can be an important player for us.
Aish is only getting played because we're playing Adelaide and it lets the Crows see if he's worth trading for

ZOB dropped for making the senior midfielders look bad by actually trying to do some defensive work.

Not too many times a player has had 10 tackles and been dropped the next week.

interesting to drop both ZOB and Lester given both are inside players and that is a real weakness of ours. Even more unusual when you consider that Lester has dropped off a little since ZOB has come in. Perhaps taking a bit of his inside role. I could understand dropping one but both looks strange.

Excellent preview Reardo .

I'm apprehensive about this one. Adelaide are just in that cluster of teams that I'm nearly certain we'll be belted by but retain a cruel, lingering hoping of victory. In any case, I'm glad to see Harzy and Andrews back.

Like a lot of posters I'm a bit disappointed for Lester. My only guess is it is a balance thing. Possibly we want Aish to run the wing given Robbo is out and don't feel Lester is up to that.

Aish is only getting played because we're playing Adelaide and it lets the Crows see if he's worth trading for

I would be more than a little surprised if that was even remotely the motive. I think the selection committee are, as cliched as it sounds, probably just focussed on this week's match and picked their best team to play it. Looking at how Aish put his body on the line in his last game, it'd be a tough argument to claim he didn't deserve selection.

ZOB dropped for making the senior midfielders look bad by actually trying to do some defensive work.

Not too many times a player has had 10 tackles and been dropped the next week.

interesting to drop both ZOB and Lester given both are inside players and that is a real weakness of ours. Even more unusual when you consider that Lester has dropped off a little since ZOB has come in. Perhaps taking a bit of his inside role. I could understand dropping one but both looks strange.

ZOB definitely tried his heart out against the Dogs, but most people seemed to agree that he just isn't AFL quality. His ball use and footy smarts just aren't at the level required, so even though he's good at applying pressure and giving everything he has, he's a liability when we try to move the ball forward. One of those players who should be commended for giving his all but unfortunately his all just might not be up to AFL standard.

Yeah, that's a good point. The backline is stupidly tall.

Clarke, Bourke and Andrews all really need to play against a tall forward to be effective.

I wonder if Leppitsch is planning on playing someone like Beasley on Betts. I don't see a logical matchup for a small forward in our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back