VFL Round 21 - Collingwood vs Sandringham at Victoria Park (Pies WON 122-59! #ZebrasIrkedReallyBadApex)

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting listening to the players talk amongst themselves as they stood waiting for their interchange replacements to come off. Some confusion too, at one stage with Lynch appearing to get conflicting messages about whether he was changing with Jok or McLarty, and going into the ruck or up forward. He is starting to look the goods and if we keep him on the list, I'd expect to see him in the seniors in 2019.
Max Lynch was re-signed for another year a few months ago, so he'll be with us in 2019.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/co...n/news-story/17c7d428472c97283f20b09d7ad0e20b (May 23 2018)

Uncapped youngsters Brayden Sier and Max Lynch have also penned new one-year deals with the club.

Collingwood list manager Ned Guy said the signings were a huge boost for the club’s future, both in the short-term and long-term.

“Ben has a role to play in the team that everyone — teammates and coaching staff in particular — recognises. His game sense and forward craft help the attack tick,” Guy said of Reid.

“He also has experience to pass on to the likes of Jaidyn, who is starting out on his football journey.

“Ideally, we have young players like Jaidyn, Max and Brayden come through the Collingwood system with guidance from seasoned teammates and premiership players like Ben, Scott Pendlebury and Steele Sidebottom.”

How did Goldsack play today?

Very well - moved really well and didnt miss a beat. Ball use was a bit touch and go at times but he presented as a bloke who looks ready to step up. Whether a spot for him or not am not sure. He obviously plays VFL this week but he would be close. Gives them a mature physical body.

Some others;

Blair - looked really good and was dominant through the middle. Could he actually be converted into a small defender?

Fasolo - we dont have a spot but he is ready and doing all thats been asked.

Sam M - Another solid game. Rather see him back.

Daicos - Ball use was sublime at times

Cal Brown - Very good

Wills - Quiet.

Crocker - magnificent hanger. Was good.

Ty Brown - Best game seen him play

Lynch - probably best seen him play as well.

Woodward / Jok / Wellings / Hore - could mount a case for all of them to be on a senior list in 2019. Jok I would look v closely at. Kicking an issue but there is something very special there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7Th4RuB.png

Csf7kqD.png

Doubt they be back this Year then

Reckon you've made a fairly big leap there, Dave. Not sure where Moore's at, but Treloar was always going to be pushing it for game readiness this week.

Doubt they be back this Year then
They're just playing it safe with Treloar, and I don't blame them for giving him another week before they play him. He said yesterday (shown on TV news) that he wanted to play VFL this week, but it would be up to the club as to whether or not he played.

They're just playing it safe with Treloar, and I don't blame them for giving him another week before they play him. He said yesterday (shown on TV news) that he wanted to play VFL this week, but it would be up to the club as to whether or not he played.

What happens IF VFL looses and we get Knocked out?

What happens IF VFL looses and we get Knocked out?

Then they will have no choice but to toss him in cold and cross their fingers that it works...

Fair enough. I saw 5 or 6 times where Jok's kicks to team mates fell short or missed the target by some way, but he did settle and turned on quite a show after that. I left at 3/4 time.
I saw him 2 weeks ago and he didn't miss a target, everyone has bad disposal days, we need to get this bloke because I tell you what, another club will, he is a versatile tall which is exactly what we need

Remove this Banner Ad

Back